[CL] Bayern Munich- Juventus (133 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Altair ] ++

I've been a juventino for 18 years ;) ..and since you'd only be appeased with us getting the trophy can we hold off on both praise and criticism until something comes of it? since, oviously no matter how mad one can be at a coach's decision he cannot do a damn thing about it anyway lol
So are you suggesting we sit tight and just nod our heads in unison to the tune of "JUVE rules?" Hmm sounds like a nice Happy-like place, however I'm not sure I could do such a thing. Same with Vinny. ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by AtotheB ] ++

So are you suggesting we sit tight and just nod our heads in unison to the tune of "JUVE rules?" Hmm sounds like a nice Happy-like place, however I'm not sure I could do such a thing. Same with Vinny. ;)
no but it doesnt hurt to be supportive and to cut our boys some slack..you know honestly sometimes i wish i were a piacenza or a palermo fan i feel those fans really know and appreciate the simple things in football, like let's say winning 9 of your last ten games :D

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Altair ] ++

no but it doesnt hurt to be supportive and to cut our boys some slack..you know honestly sometimes i wish i were a piacenza or a palermo fan i feel those fans really know and appreciate the simple things in football, like let's say winning 9 of your last ten games :D
Spot-on, bro...we, Juve fans, are becoming a bunch of spoiled brats that will cry for anything unpair to absolute success at all fronts....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

Spot-on, bro...we, Juve fans, are becoming a bunch of spoiled brats that will cry for anything unpair to absolute success at all fronts....
Oh please...it's not up to you to judge our opinions. If we have feelings about the way the team is being run we can voice our opinions on the matter because we are the supporters of this club. This club is not just about winning, however when I see something being misplayed or something not quite right I'm gonna tell it like I see it...and one of my opinions is that Capello's tactics and decisions are not always in our best interest. Whether you like it or not, doesn't matter to me.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++.But again its choices, risks the coach takes.Its his responsibility that the team lost, but its not only his.The players take at least half of the blame, for playing like kids, and having the same spirit Inter Milan have.
The team collapsed… as well did Capello.

++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++ As Denco said, a manager's true qualities come into focus in big games such as away to Bayern and Cap proved that he isn't that great with poor tactical and personel choices.
The defensively way of playing away games “the Italian style” must end. If you look at the teams in CL last years with success they have all played aggressively (do not read offensively) in their away games.

++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++What does Don Fabio do? He takes off our most creative midfield player in Mauro Camoranesi and sticks Del Piero, who should have started upfront to begin with, on the right flank.
Agree.

++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++
No creativity at all. The only player that was doing a ok job was put of in halftime!?!
Emerson is NOT a playmaker and that truth was obvious yesterday. No movement without ball what so ever. As I have spoken of earlier it has been joyful to see the way we can “own” a midfield this season. Yesterday we were the victim…

++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Why is it that Nedved and Ibrahimovic can play shite yet complete the 90 minutes and then start the next match as well but Del Piero and Mutu can't begin an important game no matter how good their form is? The potential threat that Zlatan brings to the fore with his ball skills and physical power is second to very few, but FFS, why should he play the whole game when he is contributing very little?
If you look at Chelsea they almost always play with Drogba. But they do bench him if he has a bad day or if the tactics require that. I´m 100% certain that it would be good for the team benching players that does not deliver (read Ibra) in order to sending the right signals: If you don’t play well or/and give everything for the team, you do not belong on the pitch!

This was by far the biggest test of the season, and we failed MISERABLY. So many real issues to discuss yet we only talk trash to each other about Ibrahimovic or Del Piero...let me break it down for you: every single player was poor last night, some worse than others.
Bat tactics, bad prepared, bad attitude and bad coaching.

And FFS at least advise Zlatan or one of the other lackadaisical players to cover the back post. Abbiati was at fault for both goals, as well as some supposed markers for the second.
Abbiati does not communicate with the players at all!
In any situation.
When he left the far post it was a planned decision.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004

Oh please...it's not up to you to judge our opinions. If we have feelings about the way the team is being run we can voice our opinions on the matter because we are the supporters of this club. This club is not just about winning, however when I see something being misplayed or something not quite right I'm gonna tell it like I see it...and one of my opinions is that Capello's tactics and decisions are not always in our best interest. Whether you like it or not, doesn't matter to me.
Hold on, boy...

This was not aimed at you neither no one else in particular.I use the world "we" because i feel im the first of the spoiled brats. If you feel aggraviated, excuse me.
Im not up to judge your opinions and for the most part i concur with your views about the mistakes and lacks of Mr. Capello, an the insatisfaction with the way the team is being run....nothing to discuss about it.

What i was meaning is that, we, Juventus fans, are so used to see our team win that sometimes we lost the proper prespective.... we are over-indulged supporters and when i talk with friends supporters of smaller teams, i get surprised by the incredible excited they get with any small achivement of their teams.
On the contrary, we had become hypercritical and hard to satisfy. Delle Alphi is always empty. Scudetto doesnt fill our stomachs....then, we are spoiled brats.

With all respects, you were over-reactive on this ....

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
What i was meaning is that, we, Juventus fans, are so used to see our team win that sometimes we lost the proper prespective.... we are over-indulged supporters and when i talk with friends supporters of smaller teams, i get surprised by the incredible excited they get with any small achivement of their teams.
On the contrary, we had become hypercritical and hard to satisfy. Delle Alphi is always empty. Scudetto doesnt fill our stomachs....then, we are spoiled brats.
The one thing you can demand of the players is to fight 100% and try their best. They did not do that against BM.

Overall i couldn´t agree more though...

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Nedved: Nothing Worked
10/20/2005 6:42:00 AM
The Czech midfielder was unable to explain Juve’s dismal performance against Bayern Munich on Tuesday night.
Juventus’ excellent run came to a halt after 9 consecutive wins when the Bianconeri were defeated 2-1 by the German champions. Pavel Nedved blames the lack of determination as one of the main factors for this loss.

“We don’t know why, but nothing worked. To say the truth, I had already felt some sign already on Saturday against Messina: also there we weren’t present much. I was desolated because we lacked the grit, the determination. A serious deficiency because if our squad does not fight, it loses one of its best characteristics.

“In any case, the defeat against Munich will not have any repercussions. It was a stop, but we’re ready to re-start. After all, we were coming from a series of good performances and wins, and a stop is something that can happen. With so many encounters close to each other, it’s inevitable to lose some hit once in a while.”

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002

Hold on, boy...

This was not aimed at you neither no one else in particular.I use the world "we" because i feel im the first of the spoiled brats. If you feel aggraviated, excuse me.
Im not up to judge your opinions and for the most part i concur with your views about the mistakes and lacks of Mr. Capello, an the insatisfaction with the way the team is being run....nothing to discuss about it.

With all respects, you were over-reactive on this ....
Full agree! 100% my words. We lost points for the first time this season, we and Bayern are through in this group and I really don't give a fvck about this loose.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
“We don’t know why, but nothing worked. To say the truth, I had already felt some sign already on Saturday against Messina: also there we weren’t present much. I was desolated because we lacked the grit, the determination. A serious deficiency because if our squad does not fight, it loses one of its best characteristics.
:fero:
This is not accepteble!
If you can´t feel motivated and 100% aggressive when your playing against BM in CL then what is wrong with you?
This is all on Capellos head. He has the main responsability to motivate and get the players to understand what they will face and how to deal with that.

rokkstar

Feb 2, 2005
gawd, my eyes are bleeding from reading the posts after the match....

what effect a juve loss has on most folk.

anyway, we played shite, bad nite off. glad it came sooner rather than later. time to rethink tactics for mr capello.... what if we meet the likes of chealsea, barca.... oh hang on..... how bout a rematch with liverpool in the knockouts?!? the set-up before the match must be correcly remedied.

somebody said that we're becoming viera dependant.... that's scary tho with him in the match we'd be more fluid and better in ball possession IMO.

yea... nedved was right... there was a lack of determination and playing with heart from all our players... no motivation whatsoever!!

anyway.... rematch in 12 days time for revenge!

FORZAAA JUVE!!!

OP
Maresca

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,454
    I just wanted to say somethings about this match again:

1) Abbiati made a mistake, which gave bayern their first goal, but !! did you see what zambrotta did there. he never attacks the players on wings. he allways let them flank or shot and he is allways at least 1 meter away from them. it was not only abbiatis fault, but zambrottas aswell. Blasi had a bad game, Ok I agree but so were all the others too. but at least he did not let them flank so often and he played the ball back to abbiati insteed of playing a long ball for the bayern defence.

2) we can not say that capello is not a good coach. his succses tell his worth. but the problem is that he does not want to change his philosophy. he may be succsesfull in england with his long ball tactic but not in the CL against a top team.

3) how is it possible that a team was not motivated for such a game?? there must be something wrong there. I mean you don´t need the coach to get motivated for such a game against bayern in the CL. Every single player of juve had allready said that they want to win the CL. do they wanna win with this perfomence, motivation and spirit.

4) please stop dashing zlatan. every player can have bad times. we can ask why did not DP played but not say Zlatan was bad, because not only zlatan was bad on this day.

I hope once again that it was only a bad day and that it was a "wake up" for our players.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Maresca ] ++
    2) we can not say that capello is not a good coach. his succses tell his worth. but the problem is that he does not want to change his philosophy. he may be succsesfull in england with his long ball tactic but not in the CL against a top team.
    Some coaches are good in handling emergency game situations and som are good building up a strategy for a whole season. I hav not figured out what Capello is yet. Both or just the season kind of guy.

Mourinho is both...

OP
    Maresca

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,456
    ++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++

Some coaches are good in handling emergency game situations and som are good building up a strategy for a whole season. I hav not figured out what Capello is yet. Both or just the season kind of guy.

Mourinho is both...
    for me Mourinho is the best coach in the world.

lala

Oct 18, 2005
    Its not a shame to lose against Bayern!!

They are the German Champions, 4 time CL winner(last one on 2001!), they have Worldclass players like Ballack-Makaay-Lucio-Sagnol-and some more, they have many big Talents like Demichelis-Scheinsteiger-Santa Cruz-Guererro and and and.

They was in POT 1 and have a very impressive Stadium!

AND! Juve won last years twice against Bayern and u know, it was for them more as just a game, it was a revenge!

Emerson:
    http://www.sport1.de/coremedia/pics/31/67/66/2x424x300x2,property=original.jpg

LOL

OP
    Maresca

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,458
    ++ [ originally posted by lala ] ++
    Its not a shame to lose against Bayern!!

They are the German Champions, 4 time CL winner(last one on 2001!), they have Worldclass players like Ballack-Makaay-Lucio-Sagnol-and some more, they have many big Talents like Demichelis-Scheinsteiger-Santa Cruz-Guererro and and and.

They was in POT 1 and have a very impressive Stadium!

AND! Juve won last years twice against Bayern and u know, it was for them more as just a game, it was a revenge!

Emerson:
    http://www.sport1.de/coremedia/pics/31/67/66/2x424x300x2,property=original.jpg

LOL
    it is not a shame because of the result, it is a shame because of the performence. anyway welcome to the forums.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    I would actually like to see how Capello and the players will react when we are 1 goal down at halftime. Or we act like chickens suffering from the H5N1 disease

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 133)