[CL] Bayern Munich- Juventus (142 Viewers)

OP
Maresca

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,425
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    what a waste
    and it is not all what I spent. I paid the ticket for my brother too, and then about 70 euros for benzin traveling to munich. totally i paid about 300 euros to see how abbiati and co. made mistake after mistake.:(

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
    We have to win them because today i got sick with all those sites and newspapers where they said things like <<Bayern 2 times better than Juve>> or <<Bayern will pass the group stages as first in their group>>

OP
    Maresca

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,427
    ++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++
    We have to win them because today i got sick with all those sites and newspapers where they said things like <<Bayern 2 times better than Juve>> or <<Bayern will pass the group stages as first in their group>>
    they are really stupid, where do you live BTW?

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Maresca ] ++

and it is not all what I spent. I paid the ticket for my brother too, and then about 70 euros for benzin traveling to munich. totally i paid about 300 euros to see how abbiati and co. made mistake after mistake.:(
    you cant laugh all the time though

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++
    they are really stupid my friend
    exactly

OP
    Maresca

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,431
    ++ [ originally posted by delpierofan82 ] ++

they are really stupid my friend
    exactly
    I remember what they did few seasons ago, as they played 4 times against real madrid in the CL in one season. bayern won 3 times against them (2 times in group stage) and then 2-1 in munich in 1/8 I think, and lost 1-0 in madrid and were out. they made a real story of their wins but they brought nothing.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Maresca ] ++

What a bad luck.....

OP
    Maresca

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,433
    ++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

What a bad luck.....
    yes, but I was in Munich last year too, and there juve won. I will support juve whatever happens in good and bad times:D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Well, well, well. What can I say? We were quite frankly very poor last night and deserved to lose by more than one goal. If after this game some people still believe that Capello is the best manager in world football they need to get themselves checked. As Denco said, a manager's true qualities come into focus in big games such as away to Bayern and Cap proved that he isn't that great with poor tactical and personel choices.

It was always going to be tough against a side as good as Bayern with IMO our best player out injured (meaning Patrick Vieira of course) but I thought we would have had a lot more to offer. Bayern controlled the midfield in the first half and we failed to provide Zlatan and Trezeguet with good regular service, so what does Don Fabio do? He takes off our most creative midfield player in Mauro Camoranesi and sticks Del Piero, who should have started upfront to begin with, on the right flank.

Why is it that Nedved and Ibrahimovic can play shite yet complete the 90 minutes and then start the next match as well but Del Piero and Mutu can't begin an important game no matter how good their form is? The potential threat that Zlatan brings to the fore with his ball skills and physical power is second to very few, but FFS, why should he play the whole game when he is contributing very little? Nedved simply doesn't give this team enough anymore. It's sad but it's true. Pavel has been an excellent performer for Juventus over the last three or four years but his performances at present do not merit a first team place, farless a guaranteed 90 minutes. Mutu and Del Piero can give the side more atm, hell, why not give Zambrotta a shot at it? He gets to the byline regularly and supplies good crosses, thing Nedved hasn't managed to do consistently so far this season.

I'm not even going to bother to waste time talking about Abbiati's performance. He just isn't good enough. FULL STOP. PERIOD.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    This was by far the biggest test of the season, and we failed MISERABLY. So many real issues to discuss yet we only talk trash to each other about Ibrahimovic or Del Piero...let me break it down for you: every single player was poor last night, some worse than others. Then we have a manager on the touchline who is praised no matter what with people saying "good move fielding Chiellini" or "well done Capello for keeping Zlatan on the pitch for him to score"...all a bunch of bullshit and I do not think Capello made one right move last night apart from making sure his tie was fitted right.

The first half is really not even worth talking about because there was only one team out on that pitch...one team that actually looked like they wanted to win, one team led by one manager who made the right decisions and set his team out to win. The blame for the first goal rests solely on Abbiati's shoulders and even though he made a few nice saves over the course of the match he's still a liability. The second goal for Bayern was just imbecilic defending on our part...two players, namely Ibrahimovic and Emerson, standing outside of the six with back towards goal marking absolutely nobody, making Trezeguet mark space in the crucial area of the six...is just poor communication and inept defending. Then you have Giannichedda or someone backing into an already-marked attacker allowing Demichelis to have a colpo di testa di solo in front of our goal is more rubbish individual defending. And FFS at least advise Zlatan or one of the other lackadaisical players to cover the back post. Abbiati was at fault for both goals, as well as some supposed markers for the second.

Then at half-time Capello had the brilliant idea of subbing one of our better players of the first half only to bring on a player who did absolutely nothing over the weekend in Chiellini...what the hell was that? Only noticable thing Chiellini was able to accomplish was a foolish volley back-pass that could have easily been an own-goal. Capello also insisted on letting Nedved play the entire match again...for what? As somebody already correctly stated Nedved's play was reminiscent of a chicken infected with H5N1 running around with his head cut off. Then we have Capello's initial decisions of fielding Blasi at right-back and leaving Del Piero on the bench after a great display over the weekend. Not to mention keeping Mutu off the pitch until it finally struck Capello that his plans failed...how much longer will it take for Capello to realize that we cannot enter every single match with the same mentality???

This is why Capello is not the best coach in the world...you just cannot advise your side to play the same way every match, disregarding certain circumstances and cherishing the same complacent mentality. A great coach will take every single match one at a time, field the players who are on form and who could make a difference in the respective match, and form tactical plans before the match that fit the match and the respective opponent...Capello seemingly rather just let the team play the same way every game and watch to see what happens. What an absolute joke. As only a select few have stated here before, we will not win the Champions League with Capello's complacent and archaic mentality...we just won't.

Abbiati Abeeshmaati...no use wasting time and energy describing his performance.

Blasi is not a right-back and I hate to say it but we really miss Zebina...actually hopefully we will sign Sagnol over the summer because he is superior to both of our aforementioned players.

Thuram the terrible...certainly last night...even worse than in the first leg against Liverpool last season. Fecking around with the ball at the back just before making a terrible back pass to Abbiati was just the beginning of his inept performance...not to mention he was lucky he was not sent off. We will surely need a competant replacement next season.

Cannavaro was much better than the Frenchman last night, however that is not saying much. Made a few nice tackles to save us from further embarrassment.

Zambrotta was below par and had trouble containing Deisler in the first half...looked fairly out of sorts.

Camoranesi was one of our only threats in the first half yet Capello substituted him...should have kept him on.

Emerson once again looked slow and inept with the ball, very much like the Liverpool performances of last year (sorry for keep bringing them up, but this match is just as bad). As somebody already stated it looked like he shat his pants.

Giannichedda is no better than Manuele Blasi...what is the point of fielding two defensive midfielders when one is not entirely skilled to begin with and cannot even stay in position to stop shots from the top of our box? We need a better option than this..

Nedved was poor, however he had some decent shots.

Trezeguet was fairly poor as well and did not touch the ball very much.

Ibrahimovic was a complete joke last night and I'm sorry but performances such as this warrant a place on the friggin bench. In the second half he gave the ball away six straight times and his passing rate had to be just as poor as our overall performance. Almost every time he recieved the ball in the second half he gave it away...yet people still say he deserves his spot in front of any other forward on this Juventus...what a laugh.

Del Piero came on and at least completed some passes and created some chances.

Mutu came on and he barely even touched the ball...not surprising when you have a player who cannot complete a pass to save his life in attack and a midfield that was fairly uncoordinated.

Chiellini was brought on by Capello even though he did basically nothing over the weekend against Messina. What did he do last night? Basically nothing. This is what happens when you suddenly start playing players who have not been used before in previous matches...another worry I had that people just laughed off.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    And another notion of mine some posters laughed off was my assertion that our bench is still not good enough. We could have used a capable attacking midfielder last night to take over for Nedved or Giannichedda, however we have to field players such as Chiellini or Blasi if we need a spark. We saw what happens when our key players are out of action, and last night without Vieira we looked hopeless and the replacement of Giannichedda is just not good enough. Can't believe we wasted perfectly fine ink and paper to sign the guy. Capello's insistence on buying and playing hard working players over skilfull ones will not do us much good I'm afraid...not in the CL at least.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by AtotheB ] ++
    And another notion of mine some posters laughed off was my assertion that our bench is still not good enough. We could have used a capable attacking midfielder last night to take over for Nedved or Giannichedda, however we have to field players such as Chiellini or Blasi if we need a spark. We saw what happens when our key players are out of action, and last night without Vieira we looked hopeless and the replacement of Giannichedda is just not good enough. Can't believe we wasted perfectly fine ink and paper to sign the guy. Capello's insistence on buying and playing hard working players over skilfull ones will not do us much good I'm afraid...not in the CL at least.
    can we wait and give Cap a chance to go through the competition first before we crucify the guy? I can see where your frustrations may stem from but this is one bad performance and at this point cannot be alarming unless it becomes a trend.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Altair ] ++

can we wait and give Cap a chance to go through the competition first before we crucify the guy? I can see where your frustrations may stem from but this is one bad performance and at this point cannot be alarming unless it becomes a trend.
    A trend? If you follow this Juventus you know it's always the same trend...play lacklusterly throughout the duration of the season and worry when the more important matches come up...

One bad performance that followed another bad performance, namely those against Liverpool last season...you know, the bigger matches in which we are not the underdog. Fielding the same squad game in game out...instructing our players to "be patient" when we have to score one goal for sure to progress...not playing the personel who are currently in better form...all stem from the same complacement mentality we witnessed last year and a trend IMO that is not helping our cause. The only way my opinion will change is if we win the Champions League or at least come close because until then I'm not entirely convinced...too mechanic in our approach.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by AtotheB ] ++

A trend? If you follow this Juventus you know it's always the same trend...
    I've been a juventino for 18 years ;) ..and since you'd only be appeased with us getting the trophy can we hold off on both praise and criticism until something comes of it? since, oviously no matter how mad one can be at a coach's decision he cannot do a damn thing about it anyway lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 142)