[CL] Bayern Munich- Juventus (44 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
changes have to be made in the 2nd half... new instructions, tactics to the players..

for me am not going crazy and cursing or doing anything.... its just their day not ours

i think that:
pessoto----> in for giannii , blasi in midfield marking ballack
alex----> in for zlatan or trezi

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
This match shows best how different a team we are without Paddy and Gigi.

The first goal was Abbiati's fault really, altho we were unlucky to lose the ball to the ref. Even so, it was completely Abbiati's fault. It was only a matter of time really until he did something like this, he's been insecure the entire season. Even on Makaay's freekcick he could and should have done better, he let that ball get out of his hands twice, even if he could have kept hold of the initial shot, a better keeper would have. I'm confident that a better keeper would have saved that header as well. All it took was a bit of reflexes, Frey, Cassilas or Buffon would have gotten it. It wasnt easy by any stretch of imagination, but it was saveable.

We were outmusceled in midfield, Neddy is running all over the place like a headless chicken and often leaves Zambrotta alone to defend on the left, and Zambrotta's misstake lead to the corner which produced the goal. Bayern has been much more aggresive than us, cloasing us down in front of our box, and not letting go until they get the ball. We havent been able to make 5 passes without losing it. Even Thuram is looking very, very shaky, he's lost his pace and tends to hack people down and get nervous when he cant catch them. He will need to be replaced after this season. Next season we should have a transitional defence, Cannavro and Thuram's replacement, before replacing Canna in 2007.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by 674083912 ] ++

excuse me but what could have alex del piero done to fix how we were playing?

Exactly. There is absolutely nothing Alex could do this match.

Hell, we're playing so badly that Pele and Maradona couldnt help us.

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Altair ] ++

what does ibra have anything to do with this???
Well basically there are three players competing for two spots. Trezeguet has proved his worth. Del Piero did too. Ibra's been the weakest yet he plays every fuccking game...This Capello Prick Bias

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Exactly. There is absolutely nothing Alex could do this match.

Hell, we're playing so badly that Pele and Maradona couldnt help us.
I agree. If the midfield is playing badly, Del Piero can't do much. But you'll agree it's high time we made some SERIOUS changes.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
++ [ originally posted by olkiller ] ++
Even if Del Piero scores 4 goals, he'll watch next match from the bench. Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been the worst of our forwards thus far, yet Capello still worships his overrated potential. I'd better have Mutu/Trez, it's not just for Del Piero to play.
I usually try to avoid making personal remarks... but either you're not watching this game or simply do not understand how football works. Trezeguet has been almost invisble, excluding a header to Nedved and his 2-0 goal. Ibrahimovic has done what he has been able to do with the few passes he had to work with. However, I'd like both to stay on and throw in DP or Mutu for Nedved. Giannichedda has been rather disappointing as well, but I can't think of anyone on the bench who could take his position and do it better.

Blasi has IMO been the best Juve player the first half.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by AtotheB ] ++
Just saw the goals...what an absolute joke. My keeper on my college team could have saved the Deisler shot.
The striker on my pub team could have saved it. Beat that! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)