[CL] Barcelona 3-0 JUVENTUS [September 12th 2017] (1 Viewer)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Woah, Benatancur predicted to start? What a huge pressure on him and what balls by Allegri.
If he's good enough he's old enough, and should start. The pressure is on Barca; they are playing at home. If there's one game where we should be taking risks, it's probably this one. We are expected to, and should, at least gain 8 points from our encounters against the other two teams in the group.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus lives for such games. We got it, whoever we field. Forza Juve!

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Madrid last year. Bayern two years ago. Barca in 2015. :p :numnum:

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Madrid last year. Bayern two years ago. Barca in 2015. :p :numnum:
It's football, you cannot always win and it was not what I implied. What I meant was we will definitely be up to the task and give Barcelona a hard time. Let's not forget we are playing at Nou Camp with freaking Barca.

I also wonder how Bentancur is physically. Barca's midfield is very slow and soft in Rakitic, Busquets and Iniesta so if we can outmuscle them, it can be the key. What I'm sure of is that he's better passer and ball holder than Sturaro which is also very important in games like this when we will have to give our defence a rest from time to time by keeping the ball at our feet and put some pressure on their defence.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Juventus (4-3-3): Buffon; Barzagli, Rugani, Benatia, Alex Sandro; Sturaro, Pjanic, Matuidi; Douglas Costa, Higuain, Dybala.

- doubts about RB: Barzagli or De Sciglio
- Gazzetta claims that it could be Bentancur instead of Sturaro

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
man such a shame this is at the same time as Latvia-Slovenia Eurobasket 1/4finals, will have to somehow watch both.

defense is definitely the biggest question mark, we really need Sandro to have a blunder free game here, he's not been himself lately, especially considering he won't have the usual protection from Mandžukič

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Really hope Bernardeschi does something awesome in this match off the bench. Thinking of a 75th minute goal to seal a 3-1 win or maybe a 2-2 draw :)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It's football, you cannot always win and it was not what I implied. What I meant was we will definitely be up to the task and give Barcelona a hard time. Let's not forget we are playing at Nou Camp with freaking Barca.

I also wonder how Bentancur is physically. Barca's midfield is very slow and soft in Rakitic, Busquets and Iniesta so if we can outmuscle them, it can be the key. What I'm sure of is that he's better passer and ball holder than Sturaro which is also very important in games like this when we will have to give our defence a rest from time to time by keeping the ball at our feet and put some pressure on their defence.
I was just pulling your leg man. :p I know exactly what you were implying. :D

It's definitely going to be a tough match, but we have the attacking depth to hurt Barcelona, even if they are playing at home. I'd take a 1-1 or 2-2 draw here tbh. We just need to accumulate as many points as possible against the other teams in the group. We shouldn't be dropping any points at home, especially against the so called minnows.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Only Gds put Bentancur in there, everybody else has a 4-2-3-1 with Barzagli RB ( he plays for sure) with Costa and Sturaro.
I'd rather see
DS-Barza-Rugani-Sandro
than
Barza-Rugani-Benatia-Sandro
because we know for sure that the second one is not working, been there, done that, we don't want that. first one might as well work, we'll never know if we don't try it

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Missing this :numnum:

Watching after I make my days lovely salary to watch in HD when I get home. Introducing the girls to why Juve > Barcelona.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri considers Bentancur
By Football Italia staff

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri is reportedly considering starting Rodrigo Bentancur against Barcelona tonight.

The Bianconeri face the Catalan giants at Camp Nou in their first Champions League match since losing in the final to Real Madrid last season.

Allegri said in his pre-match Press conference yesterday that his formation was less important than the characteristics of the players, but it’s thought he’s choosing between 4-3-3 and sticking with 4-2-3-1.

According to Sky Italia, Premium Sport and Gazzetta dello Sport, Bentancur could start in midfield alongside Miralem Pjanic and Blaise Matuidi, in an effort to give more control in the centre.

However, it’s also possible that Stefano Sturaro would be preferred, in which case he’d take up Mario Mandzukic’s role on the left of a 4-2-3-1.

In either case, Paulo Dybala and Douglas Costa are expected to support Gonzalo Higuain, though in a 4-3-3 the former would have to play further to the left.

There is also some doubt over who will play at right-back, with Sky reporting that Allegri is considering Mattia De Sciglio.

The Coach has made it clear Andrea Barzagli will start, but he could move into the centre with the former Milan man on the right.

If Barzagli plays on the right, the two centre-backs will be Daniele Rugani and Medhi Benatia.

Probable Juventus line-up: Buffon; Barzagli, Rugani, Benatia, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; Douglas Costa, Higuain, Dybala

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Deep down y'all know Stu is gonna play.
he'd probably do good as well if he started, games against fast passers like Barca is where Sturaro with his engine comes in handy.

but I'm more excited to see Bentancur given a chance. Imagine this guy is a starter come CL knockouts in February, an away game against Barca would be an invaluable experience for him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)