[CL] Barcelona 0-3 Juventus [December 8th, 2020] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Great win. I thought we'd put in a good effort like we've seen in some of our "comeback" games before against Spanish teams, but I didn't expect us to be so good and them quite so poor. I knew they were poor but they have so many issues on and off the field. I love it. Koeman is a club man doing them a favour, he took on a poisoned chalice.

So many good performances. McKennie nice goal and play and played the last 25 with no gas. Ronaldo fairly quiet but got two pens. Morata very good before he tired. Arthur I thought was good. Cuadrado as well. Defence concentrated and De Ligt great apart from that challenge that would have been a pen but for offside. Special mention for Buffon as well. 42 years old but you see his fundamentals there the way he controlled every shot.

Chalk and cheese with the league. You won't see any Serie A minnow leaving us gaps like that, it's almost a different sport. But if we apply the same intensity to those games we will find ways to win games.

First the late derby win in a poor performance and then a big morale boost here, but it will vanish if we don't win the next league game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Commentators woudknt shut up about Bonucci but I thought De Ligt one of the best players tonight.
On some occasions he was excellent, but he made 2-3 really bad mistakes. Once he missed the entire ball and allowed them a clear shot and he made a clear penalty, but luckily Griezmann was offside. He could have cost us dearly.
That goes on his youth of course and it's forgivable, but tonight he wasn't our best defender.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Didn't see that performance coming, we were excellent.

Sure we gave them a bit too much space and were a bit slack with the ball at times but very rarely have I seen a Juventus team come out and dominate a CL like that. We had a lot of drive and a swagger which has been missing for a while.

Hopefully the derby and the win today are boost we needed.

Barca were pathetic with their moaning, led by Koeman. Really should have had another pen and they were very lucky not to have Alba off in the first half and Lenglet in the second.

Last edited:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
As bad as Barca has been this season, awesome win. Best moment for me was watching Messi thinking he was going to be alone on goal and CR7 is the guy taking the ball from him.

Gigi with the shutout!
1607465128080.png

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Physically we seem to not be able yet to keep the intensity going for longer than a half. But if/once we do, we can beat any side in this competition. Wonderful performance, wonderful night.
I agree. However it feels like this has been the case for 10 seasons straight, that have limited gas compared to opposition.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Great team performance all around tonight, everyone gets a pass for this one and is fully deserving of praise despite perhaps some silly/sloppy moments that might have cost us because all in all this was our best performance this season by far and we’ve got ourselfs a much deserved win and a top spot in the group as a result of it. :tup:

Hopefully this will help us build some much needed confidence towards keeping this good momentum going.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
De Ligt was a beast. Gigi rolled back the years. Arthur was neat and tidy. Ronaldo was ruthless. Mckennie became a legend.
One of the most memorable CL games in the last years, beaten only by the 3-0 home wins vs Barca, Atletico and Chelsea.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
De Ligt was a beast. Gigi rolled back the years. Arthur was neat and tidy. Ronaldo was ruthless. Mckennie became a legend.
One of the most memorable CL games in the last years, beaten only by the 3-0 home wins vs Barca, Atletico and Chelsea.
This has to be the best everybody talks about Barcelona struggling but so are we

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
There are actually still people defending Bernadeschi and more excuses being invented why Bernadeschi has been absolutely trash?

First it was all about the position he plays, some individuals were saying he should be tried as a defender, as a midfielder, as a CAM, as a winger. As if professional coaches are stupid and not trying EVERYTHING over the course of a season in trainings. Berna has gotten all the chances and time in the world that you could possible give him. He has been utter trash and most costly for us. Can we stop inventing new excuses and ridiculous ideas for how we can get some value out of him and instead focus on optimizing and investing in those assets in our team that are actually giving positive returns?
Lets be logical and cut our losses and put this experiment and failure to rest please.
A lot of people said Barcelona were in crisis coming into the first match but they dominated us, I wouldn't be so naive this time.
Let's just try not to embarrass ourselves.
What? Annoying if true.
At this point Woj is clearly the better keeper and we are just shooting ourselves in the foot by doing this shit.
Seems like the club would rather boost Buffons apperances than actually trying to win things this year.
No worries. Gigi to clean up behind him.
Not impossible, but highly improbable. We will concede, and I doubt we're capable of scoring 3 goals, even against a decimated Fagca.

February is still a couple of months away, and by then things might have changed. We won't necessarily get Bayern or Liverpool. We could still get a Dortmund, PSG, Monchengladbach, or a Chelsea.
Bonucci and Danilo in defence means we concede at least 1, probably 2. We'll play this without any pressure or urgency, 3 or 4 goals in this one and close for any result.
I don't like how Pirlo seemingly approaches this game like a friendly after getting his ass handed to him in the first leg.
We losing bros just let it happen
God, help us tonight!
It's 100% bs, just like BUFFON starting. Why are we rotating our keeper when szcesnzy has been saving our ass?

- - - Updated - - -

Someone post the PlayStation quote.
Despite the fact that we absolutely suck, I think we will win this one but I think it would be 2-1 so it means nothing except for win bonus.
1:3 is good for us, but it won't happen.
Almost likely we've given up already
Buffon:lol: well at least de ligt is there.
@Marty @swag can i be made mod for 2 hours just so i can ban all these members for a 2 days for their absolute lack of faith in not just the team, but in juve's biggest living legend. shameful display from these members.

Jun 16, 2020
What a game guys enjoy this feeling <3

Feel like we could’ve done more if didn’t used direct counters but overal very solid defensively, great performance. And Gigi what a hero!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)