[CL] Barcelona 0-3 Juventus [December 8th, 2020] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
is there any new info on him? the last one i read was after his injury, and it read "he'll be re-evaluated in 10 days". so he'll just be supposed to have an other scan, then we'll see how his condition improved.

i also think that it makes sense to rest whoever we want to, and this should be based on the physical condition of the players, not the results needed. if we really want the 1st place in the group, we obviously have no other chance to try and win it. on the other hand, the league season is still way too long to improve on our situation. but with injured, exhausted players, we'll be fucked anyway. and with chiellini seemingly crippled and demiral not fully fit after his long layoff, we should try to minimize any muscle overload to de ligt or bonucci.
We should go for it with the best possible line-up and adjust at half time if any players require rest. We can make up to 5 changes during the game, so we should utilize that. Danilo and Bonucci playing for 90 minutes is a recipe for disaster, it can turn into an absolute blowout. I'd rather rest them completely against relegation contenders Genoa who have a toothless attack.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Bonucci and Danilo in defence means we concede at least 1, probably 2. We'll play this without any pressure or urgency, 3 or 4 goals in this one and close for any result.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Finishing first is def important in CL group (something the 100m Pjanices don't get, so I'm befuddled as to what they're complaining about esp after arguing before juve-barca that that result didn't matter, bizzare minds).

But we're in a worse situation in Serial A, and you can't expect a player to play 10 games in 5 weeks (esp after not playing for a while). He has to rest in either this or Genoa game. For me, either would be fine, but completely understandable if Pirlo rests him in this one given we're 6 behind in league and are struggling even against bottom teams. Obviously can't be rested vs the Atalantas.
Group stage games are not as important as KO matches obviously, since you can always improve your standing with the other games. As long as you qualify its fine, hence why these games are not that interesting if you're a good team. But if you're given the choice being first is a bonus.

Hope your pea sized brain can understand the nuances.

Regarding de Ligt I don't mind if he's rested against Barca. Id prefer if he played all the matches remaining before the winter break, but if thats not possible and he needs a rest, what can you do.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
In a few days Demiral is back. Wait until then... And quality is a much smaller problem in Serie A anyway. Danilo, Bonucci, etc. are more than good enough there. We're only playing bottom teams in the next few weeks. Rest De Ligt there, against Genoa lile you said. Today is just utterly stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

About 3 cm in total were between us already doing that... This Barca is possibly even worse than us and the goat is back.
few days? more like a few games

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Genoa is 19th, dude... Quite a stretch when there's only one freaking team behind them.
We just barely won vs 18th place torino and tied vs 20th place crotone

- - - Updated - - -

Group stage games are not as important as KO matches obviously, since you can always improve your standing with the other games. As long as you qualify its fine, hence why these games are not that interesting if you're a good team. But if you're given the choice being first is a bonus.

Hope your pea sized brain can understand the nuances.

Regarding de Ligt I don't mind if he's rested against Barca. Id prefer if he played all the matches remaining before the winter break, but if thats not possible and he needs a rest, what can you do.
:lol:

Dude you literally had a literal meltdown over your stance of juve-barca result not being important (then proceeded to complain after the game), and now, are complaining about starting xi and result of a less important game. :lol: Well done on understanding de Ligt situation now lol.

Last edited:

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
De ligt has only played 5 game this year and spent the rest of the season resting at home if he is that that tired after only 5 matches i would have to seriously question he's fitness so im not buying Pirlos BS excuse.

The team right now is not good enough or playing good enough to be resting key players in games certain whenever we want there and there is already far too much rotation going on every match and no consistency with this team with half the team looking clueless is to where and what their mean't to be doing on the pitch.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)