[CL] Atletico Madrid 1-0 JUVENTUS (October 1st 2014) (1 Viewer)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Caceres

• Evra

• Marchisio

• Vidal

• Pogba

• Licht

• Tevez

• Llorente

• Pereyra

Results are only viewable after voting.

ravipiero

Mar 2, 2014
1) we played the same players vs atalanta and probably the same players vs roma. With this kind of depth we should've rotate more before big games.

2) classic juve. A lot of possession, lack of creativity especially in midfield

Let focus on roma now. There will be an international break before next CL game. Probably pirlo and barzagli are already back by then.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
In this type of game, we really missed Pirlo tonight.

I also think its time to drop Llorente. He has been terrible so far this season. Morata must be wondering if I can't get minutes when he is playing like that, Imagine he was in decent form.

Until the goal, this match was quite terrible but no-one would say that either team deserved to win. Can't really blame anyone for the goal other than I wonder where Evra was because the guy making the cross seemed to have all the time in the world.

Allegri made his subs too late. It was clear that Llorente should have been subbed way earlier in the match.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
The way we played nervously through out the game was laughable. They gave us the possession and we couldn't do jack sh!t with it. Missing passes all over the pitch. Chiellini and Vidal were batsh!t awful. With Evra and Llo not far behind them.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
The performance, Sal. The performance was embarrassing. No positives at all. From the first whistle you could tell we weren't in it mentally.
Look at who we were playing. People here said they would run us over, but the truth is that Atletico were so afraid of losing that they choosed to park the bus and play a Denmark game a'la 2004. It was Atletico playing at home and in need of a win, not us.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Scrappy game, should have been a 0-0 we didn't create anything and they scored with their only chance.

I have read all last season what a great team Athletico is but we matched them. We need to be more like them in Europe, Italian teams used to be the masters at winning cheap free-kicks and frustrating the other team, no it seems teams do it to us.

As usual we get the OTT comments on here that it was embarrassing but we showed that we really weren't far off the team that got to the CL final.

The Malmo result is a huge one, the group is wide open which always seems to be the case for us. We need a minimum of 4 points from the Olympiakos games.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We had more of the ball but the game was pretty even IMO
0-0 would be the right result
I think Giovinco shouldnt have got the yellow in the end and after it he was fouled so maybe a penalty but it doesnt really matter as in reality he got nothing

I wonder where is Coman and why he isnt used anymore

Pirlo`s brilliance was missed for sure!
We are missing a superstar in attack and a great CB in order to really compete in the CL
I guess Atletico and Juve will qualify but we are still missing some players in order to really compete in order to win it

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
who exactly said "we lost the game because of the ref"?
i only read stuff like "ref is a cunt ass idiot" which is an absolutely valid point.
Same people think it would be a different outcome had it been someone else. Like Badass said 'no wonder they win with this ref' etc. And yes, it's another excuse for our hardcore fans.

:gsol: we did good, but that ref... :gsol:

zero shots on goal

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
I hope that allegri can learn from this game.
For such games when the defense is tight, don't bother trying to play a target man or any other amauri-ish players. Put in giovinco and at least he will win fouls, and hopefully get dirty defenders sent off. The chances of a lousy ref being convinced that giovinco's fall is real is greater than that of a llorente' fall.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
We had more of the ball but the game was pretty even IMO
0-0 would be the right result
I think Giovinco shouldnt have got the yellow in the end and after it he was fouled so maybe a penalty but it doesnt really matter as in reality he got nothing

I wonder where is Coman and why he isnt used anymore

Pirlo`s brilliance was missed for sure!
We are missing a superstar in attack and a great CB in order to really compete in the CL
I guess Atletico and Juve will qualify but we are still missing some players in order to really compete in order to win it
Coman - 1 positive debut, barely appeared since

Llorente played all the other matches and has looked fucking awful

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Look at who we were playing. People here said they would run us over, but the truth is that Atletico were so afraid of losing that they choosed to park the bus and play a Denmark game a'la 2004. It was Atletico playing at home and in need of a win, not us.
And they got that.

1 point would have been a good result for us. Couldn't even manage that when they parked the bus for the game. AND we had a full roster minus Barzagli. On paper, the minimum should have been at least a tie.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We weren't allowed to do more. No substitution would have changed this fact. Their stamina is out of this world. The discipline in their play is admiring. They have excellent footballers, but not world class ones. Their results are about physical preparation and discipline.

I actually enjoyed the game. One can rarely see so much motivation and passion in the 2nd round of the group stage. It felt like a knockout match with so much at stake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)