[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (10 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boksic

May 11, 2005
The problem is, he failed to react to Simeone's moves. And he obviously hoped to keep 0-0 or even 0-1, even when it was clear that the guys cannot stand the pressure anymore and the goals were only the matter of time. It looked like he simply didn't know what to do. Which is very bad.
Got to agree with this, we made no reaction to Simeone changing his system with Lemar and Correa.

I like Allegri but he is making similar mistakes and doesn't seem to learn from them. Even vs Parma it was clear that their tactic in the second half was long balls to Inglese and Gervinho to run on to the space 5 yards back, yet we never bothered to close the gap/get close to Gervinho and it cost us. He needs to react to what the other team is doing. Which is ironic because he seems to focus on them when making his starting lineup.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I would have been fine with Dybala starting if we put some players behind him who could actually build play forward. Dybala's touch wasn't even bad today. But any time he got the ball, there wasn't another Juventus player in the same zip code and he ended up surrounded with no space. Even just Cancelo on the pitch as well would have opened up so much more space for him. Add Berna as well, and the team would have a hope of creating something.
It sucks that our midfielders just can't play forward. Can, Khedira, Matuidi, Bentancur all are always only concentrated on destroying attacks of their opponents and not building them. These type of players are obviously needed in every team but you can't just play with one creative guy Pjanic, who's not even that creative. Miralem rarely pushes forward himself. How can a team of our calibre have such a wrongly built midfield. Jesus.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I doubt this. We signed him to a huge 4 year contract, as part of our project, I doubt it would rely on winning CL this year. Or that we didn't take into account the possibility of a bad draw and poor result early in the knockouts.

I expect a couple big signings, though I also expect a sale of someone like Costa and/or Sandro. We've already made quite a bit of money on young players sales as well.

People are way too pessimistic right now. I highly doubt this is an absolute disaster, badly damaging our financial capabilities and inhibiting our summer mercato.
Hope you're right, but it's kind of hard to believe. We're missing out on a lot of CL knockout money and there's no doubt the brand is taking a hit from going out this early. Im not saying we counted on winning it this season, but signing CR7 and not even making the QF was definitely not part of the plan, or any project. There will be losses and they must be covered.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Got to agree with this, we made no reaction to Simeone changing his system with Lemar and Correa.

I like Allegri but he is making similar mistakes and doesn't seem to learn from them. Even vs Parma it was clear that their tactic in the second half was long balls to Inglese and Gervinho to run on to the space 5 yards back, yet we never bothered to close the gap/get close to Gervinho and it cost us. He needs to react to what the other team is doing. Which is ironic because he seems to focused on them when making his starting lineup.
The only time he was proactive was in the game against spurs away in the champions League

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Don't believe Juve's done yet since we have CR7. Though from what I witnessed today just appeared most Juve players weren't deserving to be on the pitch with him. Guy has it all in life but feel for him being part of this.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Which formation would you play in the return leg I definitely think we need Douglas Costa and bernadeschi on the wings
At home Juventus have to be ready to score 4 (I don't believe in this midfield's and defense's ability to hold Atletico attacking players). Even 2:0 is not an option, since this team is physically so weak that they will be surely destroyed in the extra-time should it happen.

So, 4 goals. Against freaking Atletico. Yes, it definitely has to be some insane attack. But frankly I cannot even imagine how it could be done. It's up to Max now. He has probably the best attacking line in the world right now. And for once he has to use it to its full potential.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

I like Allegri but he is making similar mistakes and doesn't seem to learn from them. Even vs Parma it was clear that their tactic in the second half was long balls to Inglese and Gervinho to run on to the space 5 yards back, yet we never bothered to close the gap/get close to Gervinho and it cost us. He needs to react to what the other team is doing. Which is ironic because he seems to focused on them when making his starting lineup.
Simeone's subs were predictable. Koke and Thomas were injured until 2 days ago and they were doubts for this match. Costa had his first start in months. When Costa and Thomas got those yellows in the first half, they were a sure bet to be subbed out (I thought one of them was gonna be replaced at half time) and Koke was also an easy prediction.
But I don't think the subs made any difference. It wasn't a master stroke from Simeone. He didn't make the changes to go for the win. He was more or less forced to. Atletico played the same even after the subs. They outplayed us with and without Costa, Thomas and Koke.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
At home Juventus have to be ready to score 4 (I don't believe in this midfield's and defense's ability to hold Atletico attacking players). Even 2:0 is not an option, since this team is physically so weak that they will be surely destroyed in the extra-time should it happen.

So, 4 goals. Against freaking Atletico. Yes, it definitely has to be some insane attack. But frankly I cannot even imagine how it could be done. It's up to Max now. He has probably the best attacking line in the world right now. And for once he has to use it to its full potential.
We will win 2:0 and lose the shootout Classic juve Moment

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Allegri: "“Fortunately we didn’t concede a third, because 2-0 is a result that can be easily turned around."

Ok, optimism :D I'm not sure he believes his own words, knowing that the opponents are masters of defense and counters, but I like the optimism from the usually careful Allegri.

Soloist

Feb 2, 2019
Max's plan before the game was correct. Without proper midfield (he even lost Khedira, who many of us might not like, but he's an important part in Max's logic) and knowing about counter-attacking potential of Atletico, he had to field MDS - Bonucci - Chiellini - AS in defense. Plus it gave him the option of using Cancelo the way he usually uses Cuadrado as a substitution.

In midfield he just fielded everyone he could field. And he tried to shift the balance towards the attack in order to compensate the weakness of the midfield. Hypothetically he could've preferred Bernardesci instead of Dybala, because he's much stronger and punchy, but he probably had his reasons not to do it.

So, I cannot blame him for not being prepared for the game before it started. The problem is, he failed to react to Simeone's moves. And he obviously hoped to keep 0-0 or even 0-1, even when it was clear that the guys cannot stand the pressure anymore and the goals were only the matter of time. It looked like he simply didn't know what to do. Which is very bad.
Yes but this is overthinking, and Juve and italian football in general are fallen into too many times. Quoting Allegri "football is simple", in UCL only the best players can play. Is Cancelo better than De Sciglio? Yes. So why are we not going to start him? I am not bashing De Sciglio i think he played fine, but then i see Simeone starts Koke and Diego Costa even tho they were injured until last week, but it payed off. I don't remember Barça o Bayern bench Iniesta or Alaba because they need more defensive players in a 1/8 UCL. I get that logic but we need to move on if we want a real chance to win

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #717
    Please remind the fucking thread opener "expert" to open the Bologna-Juve thread immediately.
    Not to comment about this match.
    He is stupid,his comments are stupid but he will always fiercely defend everything which is ultra hard to defend,that everything is fine and all.This game for example.He will find explanations why we are eliminated from the CL ,why we played that bad ,why we are eliminated from Coppa.Anything,just name it,you got it A true expert.
    The guy is a pure joke and must be stopped to open threads.Lucky we lead 13 points in Serie A ,otherwise we will lose that competition too.
    He should resign for opening threads for a well known reasons.
    @GordoDeCentral ??

Pls translate

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    We can score 2 or even 3, but we can't keep a clean sheet with this defense.
    6 of the last 7 goals we’ve conceded have been from set pieces. And Atletico are masters of scoring from set pieces.

This is a constant problem with this team, year-in, year-out. And it’s likely to be our undoing in this competition this season.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
    Is Cancelo better than De Sciglio? Yes. So why are we not going to start him?
    Defensively De Sciglio in his current form is clearly better than Cancelo. Costa would've probably be more happy if he had the chance to play against Cancelo tonight. Could've Cancelo shifted the focus of play a little bit higher if he were on the pitch? Maybe yes. But if the answer is "no", then it would be a huge risk. And Max is not really a risk taker.

I think the main reason Max does what he does (apart from not having decent midfield) is because CL is only his part-time job and he cannot really tune the team specifically for this tournament. Even prime RM dominated CL when they basically abandoned La Liga. But Max cannot do the same thing because Agnelli reportedly wants 10 scudetti in a row.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)