[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (7 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Allegri recap:

- Khedira out, will remain in Turin
- Dybala plays tomorrow
- Congratulations to Simeone for all he has done
- The team is growing athletically & tactically
- CR7 not a guarantee to win you the CL, but he improves your chances
- We need to score goals

- - - Updated - - -

DzyfT0uXcAARZWi?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

No costa cuads or Sami
Just in time :touched:

Play Bentancur then.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I predict a 2-1 win with goals from Ronaldo and Dybala
Atletico will be tough but I believe we can and should be able to go past them.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
:howler:

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Simeone is a fool for not playing Lemar.
Simeone is a fool for making Atletico pay 70m for average Lemar.

- - - Updated - - -

TOtally agree with you. It is just dumb to think that DS is better defensively just because he does not offer much in attack.
Many times, wingbacks who are good at attacking (alex Sandro, cancelo, even Zambrotta) gets the unfair label that they are abit lacking in defense, just because their attacking capability is so emphasized.
Zambrotta never got that label.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they are about the same in defensive skill, what makes DS a more reliable defender is that he is more inclined to play it safe at the back and not risk leaving his defensive position to get involved in offensive buildup.

Still I cant think of a single scenario in which I would prefer starting DS over Canceo because the difference in what the provide in attack is just too big.
Cancelo has been shakier than usual defensively, like the first few games of the season.

It's a dilemma. Do you go with technique (Cancelo+Berna right flank) or more defensive assurance. Only coaches who watched them train and gauged Cancelo's progress recently can answer that.

Last edited:

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
please do not go for 'defensive assurance etc.'

We need to shock them for the first 20 minutes and try to score one or two goals. In the pass seasons, We have always had the energy to press high in the first half. But never had the clinical finishing to go with it. This year we are clinical.

So, go hard in the first 20 minutes, those moments are our biggest window to score before the AthRATico team starts settling down and get dirty

Mar 10, 2009
One minor observation, is that most of our "big victories" have come when we played home first.

1. Barcelona
2. Real Madrid
3. Dortmund
4. Tottenham

It feels strange having to play against a top team away first. This usually not the case for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)