[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (11 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Unhealthy snacks ready, distilled spirit ready. And if someone from work calls, I'll wish them ill.

I didn't sleep much last night. Game (and heavy rain & lightning) kept me up. This never happened before. :lol::touch:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Juve is greater offensively and maybe AM is greater defensively. I trust Juve's offensive is greater than AM's defense. Play to your strengths having CR7 on your side.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
That might have to do with the fact that the teams which play home second are the ones which topped their group (which is supposed to be a reward based on the belief that it's an advantage to play the second leg at home).

Personally, I don't know which is better. I guess it depends on the team. For Juve, I worry whenever we have to chase a result. Some teams may do better in that situation rather than holding on to a lead
Indeed, the fact that finishing first in the group gets rewarded with playing home second should dispel any doubt.

Now if you remove the R16 (the only round that has this seeding) STILL the teams playing home second progress most often.

Last season 3 of the 4 QFs were won by the home team in the 2nd leg including Roma knocking out Barca this way. The season before that was 50/50. Then the two following seasons both have 3/4 winners from the 2nd leg at home.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Indeed, the fact that finishing first in the group gets rewarded with playing home second should dispel any doubt.

Now if you remove the R16 (the only round that has this seeding) STILL the teams playing home second progress most often.

Last season 3 of the 4 QFs were won by the home team in the 2nd leg including Roma knocking out Barca this way. The season before that was 50/50. Then the two following seasons both have 3/4 winners from the 2nd leg at home.
Good point about the Ro16 being the only round with seeding.

However last season,the two semi-finalists that went through played the home games first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)