[CL] Ajax 1-1 JUVENTUS [April 10th, 2019] (8 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Other than score being 1-1 (which actually is good) Juve was dominated from what I saw today. And now seeing 64-36% ball possession ad plus 6-1 shots on goal advantage, if not dominating was close to it. Ajax looked like a good international Spain team with those accurate short passes in Juve end.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
"Anyone who actually watches Juventus would've expected this result. We simply cannot dominate (we rarely ever do dominate) against teams with solid midfields and a real tactical gameplan. Our hopes solely rely on one-off counter-attacks and single player performances against these types of teams. This result was as good as it could be for us."

Was there something wrong with my comment?

-The result was expected: Check
-We rarely dominate against teams with solid midfields in the CL: recent failings in the CL come to mind, like against Real and Barca
-Our hopes rely on one off counter-attacks and single player performances: Ronaldo comes to mind; you think we'd be here without him?
We have beaten both teams under Allegri, can't expect to win against them 100% of the time.
Against Atleti, Allegri exploited the only available tactical advantage, i.e Ronaldo's superior heading abilities vs Atleti's fullbacks. They played so narrow and packed the center of the box that wingplay was the only solution to go past them. Would you rather have us play tiki taka like Barca and Bayern did against them and come up with a 0-0 result?
Today's result isn't bad btw. Ajax dominated, but most of their shots were half chances, we had some excellent chances of our own.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I did notice that, but it doesn't alter my general point.
I agree with the fact that he is awesome right/left back,left mainly ,but his defense efforts are awful if there are some at all.
The main question here is who to chose?DC makes nearly no impact to attack and a slightly better defending or with more dangerous passing with Cancello in attack and a zero defending?

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
The CBs actually played a good game at stopping them from getting fantastic, easy to finish chances. The midfield and FBs let us down in letting them run into the box at our CBs basically at will.

Bonucci and Rugani did well.
Well they won far too few duels, and just backed off until they got to finish. Rugani should have done more on the goal, and bonbon misplaced 10 passes before he got one right. The result might indicate a good game, but without massive luck, they would have gotten + 3 goals. They were inside our 16m passing and toying with our defence for most of the match.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
We have beaten both teams under Allegri, can't expect to win against them 100% of the time.
Against Atleti, Allegri exploited the only available tactical advantage, i.e Ronaldo's superior heading abilities vs Atleti's fullbacks. They played so narrow and packed the center of the box that wingplay was the only solution to go past them. Would you rather have us play tiki taka like Barca and Bayern did against them and come up with a 0-0 result?
Today's result isn't bad btw. Ajax dominated, but most of their shots were half chances, we had some excellent chances of our own.
Definitely, like I said this result was expected and not a bad one at all. Just saying that we simply cannot hold on to possession with our mids and outplay teams like these in midfield, instead we have to launch the ball deep or through the wings on the counter and hope someone manages to win it for us with some individual skill.

Was the performance against Atletico Madrid a single player performance or entire team performance
That was a fantastic game, and even though Ronaldo did score all three goals and I could lean on him as the sole reason we won, I'd say that game proved that we actually CAN win games in another style that we usually do.

I don't think anyone in the end should disagree with me here since I'm basing this all on observation, as our midfield simply isn't tehnical enough to qualify as top tier. Like we've seen today and in other games in recent CL outings, we are simply outplayed in midfield if we field these same players and approach that we usually do we're gonna lose against the big boys. I hope Allegri can take note of this and learn to play to our strengths by changing formation to a more wing-oriented style.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
And has Ronaldo played like this before us?
never seen him in Real having 1-2 ball per game....
That's the shame we have a super star and we're starving him giving him less than 5 balls per game.
That's the fking problem! with Allegri tactics.
Shaming Dybal in and out. Making Ronaldo dropping down else he won't get a single playable ball.
Players never trying to shoot from away.
Just dream of the day we switch to a different and hoping better manager. Anyway just my usual rant.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Definitely, like I said this result was expected and not a bad one at all. Just saying that we simply cannot hold on to possession with our mids and outplay teams like these in midfield, instead we have to launch the ball deep or through the wings on the counter and hope someone manages to win it for us with some individual skill.

That was a fantastic game, and even though Ronaldo did score all three goals and I could lean on him as the sole reason we won, I'd say that game proved that we actually CAN win games in another style that we usually do.

I don't think anyone in the end should disagree with me here since I'm basing this all on observation, as our midfield simply isn't tehnical enough to qualify as top tier. Like we've seen today and in other games in recent CL outings, we are simply outplayed in midfield if we field these same players and tactical games we're gonna lose against the big boys. I hope Allegri can take note of this and learn to play to our strengths by changing formation to a more wing-oriented style.
We lack technical midfielder who can deal with press of the opposing team and link up with the attacker but three man midfield is a must otherwise we run the risk of being overrun in the midfield

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
In terms of real quality chances the amount between Ajax and us are equal, so in that sense the draw is fair. I don’t care about the possession and half chances Ajax had got, I think most of us already expected that.
If Chiello is back this weekend to warm up and be fully fit on Tuesday, the semi finals should be ours.
All we need to do is not concede. Some Ajax fans I spoke tonight warned me of their away-form, which in their head is an actual thing that makes sense. I like to them to be crushed without any cards or anything, just as it was a casual thing that needed to be done

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
never seen him in Real having 1-2 ball per game....
That's the shame we have a super star and we're starving him giving him less than 5 balls per game.
That's the fking problem! with Allegri tactics.
Shaming Dybal in and out. Making Ronaldo dropping down else he won't get a single playable ball.
Players never trying to shoot from away.
Just dream of the day we switch to a different and hoping better manager. Anyway just my usual rant.
Why are you upset it is good result away from home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)