[CL] Ajax 1-1 JUVENTUS [April 10th, 2019] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Decent result given the circumstances

No chiellini and Can hurt us

Look I know we were almost overrun there but we should definitely learn what we need to from that game and have a better one in Torino

Extremely unlucky with the lack of a call on that obvious penalty and costa hitting the post
Despite all their chances we could've won that game
They have issues in their defence that we can exploit and no Tagliafico for them in the return leg is a big blow

Good to see Costa back and hopefully he can continue with this form.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Disappointing but our opposition was world class, really impressed with this Ajax. Rugani took his opportunity well why we struggled and suffered, im expecting more of the same in the second leg, unless if we max can figure a way to counter this style of football.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Totally average performance. We'll also see nothing like the Atletico second leg in this second leg, it's too in the balance and we'll continue to underestimate them.

Much depends on how little details go, especially in the first half.

Ajax clearly have no fear and not an awful lot to lose, but they also show a clear lack of experience, and we need to take advantage of that. Let's cut to the chase, we need to put in a positive, attacking performance, and I think we'll have most of our big guns fit and ready to go. Cancelo and Dybala will also be there.

Thought the ref was total shit, which is no surprise for a Spanish ref.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Very dangerous going forward but have so many holes in defensive I think Allegri will do his thing and we will crush them in Turin.
:agree:

First leg, away from home, against a young team with a shit ton of energy to burn... we were always going to play a pragmatic game. Luckily Bonucci and Rugani actually played well, and Szczesny was a good, even if our midfield and FBs were non-existent.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally average performance. We'll also see nothing like the Atletico second leg in this second leg, it's too in the balance and we'll continue to underestimate them.

Much depends on how little details go, especially in the first half.

Ajax clearly have no fear and not an awful lot to lose, but they also show a clear lack of experience, and we need to take advantage of that. Let's cut to the chase, we need to put in a positive, attacking performance, and I think we'll have most of our big guns fit and ready to go. Cancelo and Dybala will also be there.

Thought the ref was total shit, which is no surprise for a Spanish ref.
Hoping for Spinazzola instead of Sandro in the return, his pace and ability to beat his man would have been so convenient for counters today.

If Mandzu doesn't find form before the return leg, he should be on the bench for Kean. Not only is he out of form, he also looks half-fit right now, nowhere near 90 minutes in his legs.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Frustrating at times, but you've got to give credit to Ajax. All in all a good result for us. I'm confident that we will see this through at home

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Sat deep way too early in this game. We were camped on the edge of our area for a very long stretch around the 60 minute mark. Almost reminiscent of Atletico but got away with the fact their forwards aren’t clinical and the lack of any aerial threat.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I have never seen so many easy passes into the feet of the strikers in my whole life watching this team. Yes, Ajax was putting 2 or 3 players in between the lines and right on top of the CBs but come on. 3, 4 or 5 feet of space is just too much. Right at the top of the box?

My god, if you pinch even a couple of those balls, you can actually start a counter. The ball is just rolled in every single time to the striker's feet.

Bonucci is a complete training dummy. Just stands off completely. Rugani did his best but doesn't have enough aggression to make a difference. Has to slide at that shot from Neres, instead he's pulling his arms away.

It's an absolute chasm between Chiellini and the other options.

With all that said, we are heavy favourites at home because Ajax is completely open at the back.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Really? Bc ajax had a million great chances to score....got really lucky tonight
The CBs actually played a good game at stopping them from getting fantastic, easy to finish chances. The midfield and FBs let us down in letting them run into the box at our CBs basically at will.

Bonucci and Rugani did well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)