Ciro Immobile (105 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Point is, Juventus just didn't treat him well as a youth player. Never gave him a chance. I wouldn't want to come back either. :D
How would him being a 4th or 5th choice striker on Juve for the last 3 seasons be giving him a chance? I would think that allowing him to be a full time starter for 3 seasons running at other clubs in order to prove himself would be giving him a chance. He didn't do anything prior to this season to warrant the opportunity to get playing time at Juve.

I'm sorry, but scoring 28 goals or whatever it was in Serie B with a squad coached by Zeman doesn't cut it for me.

Did anyone think three years ago that he would have deserved a chance to be the full time starter for Juve? Look, I am as big a proponent on developing young players as anyone else, but you've got to show me something as well.

Not every youth product is going to turn out to be a star. That is actually few and far between. It doesn't happen as frequently as some people want to think. Yes, that is unfortunate, but it's the law of averages.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There were barely any posters looking for him to come back as 5th choice last season, and that was mostly with 'development' in mind, the eternal promise of youth. This season Gabbiadini may well be slotted into that role, but he has versatility going for him.

Put simply Immobile wouldn't be worth €20m or going to the World Cup as 4th-5th choice striker here.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
The main regret should be having sold his half. That was a 9M euro mistake. But hey, we all have 20x20 hindsight.
No one actually expected him to turn out this good. From the general atmosphere, I'd say he was the least rated of our crop of young strikers last season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Our overall balance, for clarity:

2008: signed from Sorrento (€0.08m)
2012: sold ½ to Genoa (€4m)
2013: bought ½ from Genoa (€2.75m), sold ½ to Torino (€2.75m)
2014: sold ½ to Dortmund (€9.4m) [Torino paid €10m for other ½]

Net: €13.32m

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
i have no problem with people complaining about him leaving (although i don´t agree with them either) but going nuts because of this training match is just retarded.
a game with italy involved ended 5:3... go figure. the only real highlight in that highlight video posted above is the commentator, who somehow succeeds to give the impression that the game isn´t a complete joke.
What's even more bizarre is that the training match is worthy and yet being capocannoniere of Serie A this season is merely a footnote.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I think you missed my point, rather Tuz predictable demeanour than an opinion on Immobile. This thread will be bumped so many times we may as well change the title to @swag.

Boring.
It's not typical 'tuz, these things happen everywhere. Pogba in the United forums, Pirlo in Milan forum, different NBA forums and other sports. There is a natural connection and people will always talk about the 'what if' situation.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It's not typical 'tuz, these things happen everywhere. Pogba in the United forums, Pirlo in Milan forum, different NBA forums and other sports. There is a natural connection and people will always talk about the 'what if' situation.
I will play this song in my mind whenever he scores for Dortmund next season. Thanks for that, Suns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 105)