Ciro Immobile (33 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
we thought we regretted the chance with giovinco when he went to Parama and started performing remember?
So from now on if we have a youth player that performs well at another club we should sell him immediately because Giovinco did not live up to expectations? That's ridiculous.

And what else is ridiculous, 19.5 mil? He's the goddamn top scorer in the league and only 24 years old. We should have demanded quite a bit more.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I would blame the co ownership deal than the price. If Juve got the full transfer fee there wont be much to complain about.
Basically this. And as I explained before, we make good money off co-ownership deals. If you have to pay more for the second half or only get paid for your half then that is something you take on the chin to make money. It's easy to say that we should have loaned him, but the money we make from these deals funds our mercato.

Co-owning him to Torino has made us about €14m on a player we paid €0.1m for, if he had stayed at Juve or continued to flounder like in Genoa then his value would struggle to go above €6-8m. Torino take the credit for taking the financial risk on him and developing him.

Mar 10, 2009
So from now on if we have a youth player that performs well at another club we should sell him immediately because Giovinco did not live up to expectations? That's ridiculous.

And what else is ridiculous, 19.5 mil? He's the goddamn top scorer in the league and only 24 years old. We should have demanded quite a bit more.

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying people are overreacting. He's had one good season, let's wait until we see what he does next year before we take out our pitchforks and touches.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have always questioned loans and co-owns, they are so stupid that I can't even start describing them.
Ok, good. They are the most imbecilic instruments of trade in sports and they are horrible for the players as well. They need to be banned completely.

- - - Updated - - -

There's just too many apologists on this forum. I understand that we all support the same club, but you can have an opinion even if it goes against the grain of what the glorious dear leaders have to say. So much emphasis on keeping Juventus Italian and we can't even keep our own fuucking youth product AND top scorer. It is retarded, and I don't care about nonsensical tactical discussions that don't make sense anyway.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I remember when he did that tackle on Tevez, almost everyone here wanted to get rid of him for it. Guess times have changed. :D I hope he does well for Dortmund and this wasn't just a one-off season for him, I've enjoyed watching him play.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I remember when he did that tackle on Tevez, almost everyone here wanted to get rid of him for it. Guess times have changed. :D I hope he does well for Dortmund and this wasn't just a one-off season for him, I've enjoyed watching him play.
Nobody cares what you think anyway.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Did we make a good profit on Immobile? Yes. Should we have kept him? Yes. Should we have kept him against his will? No. Had he been worth more if he was playing in the EPL? Ofcoarse.. 3-5 mill more for us.. if he was British that would have been something else but thats the reality of things now.

I am really interested in seeing how our new attack will look like.

An upgrade in every department be it a starting position or a sub role is very much needed.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I just don't understand economics and accounting.

I was told that selling Immobile for 9,59m euro in 1 installment, allows us to buy a player for 28,77m eur in 3 installments, without even feeling it. I get that. This financial year it will be like that... but what about the next two years when we'll have to pay the other two installments? I asked the question, and I was told that it's all about this year for now.

Then there is the plusvalenza, or the capital gain from this transfer. I read so many times how important this is, especially with the FFP regulations in place. Selling Immobile for 9,59m euro reduces our red. If we didn't sell him, or better, if we bought him back for, say, 9,59m eur, we'd have registered a minusvalenza (make a loss) of 7m euro, because we'd buy a player's half for 9,59, after initially selling this half for 2,75m euro. That would have put us further in red, and in danger of breaching the FFP rules.

I don't get this shit completely, but I'm told that this is the main reason why we were so eager to sell Immobile. As a matter of fact, we were the ones who pushed for this transfer, and it was Torino who needed to be convinced to sell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)