Ciro Immobile (3 Viewers)

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Barça are interested according to Tuttosport....

Buy his half from Torino and swap him with Sanchez... He doesn't want to be a Juve player, so thats the best thing to do with him..

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
So everyone wants to swap Llorente for Sanchez? and then buy one of Dzeko, Mandzukic etc?

That would cost even more money than to just buy Sanchez for the 25M Barca want..

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I glanced through their financial statements and these guys are incredibly, I mean really incredibly wealthy. They have capital reserves more than 100m, well balanced ratio between inflows and cash outflows, 50m net profit last year, 300m income; and now they are penny-pinching, like we're some amateurs. If you wanna buy top Serie A scorer, you'll have to pay hefty price for that. Anything below 25m and we're getting the short end of the stick here.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I glanced through their financial statements and these guys are incredibly, I mean really incredibly wealthy. They have capital reserves more than 100m, well balanced ratio between inflows and cash outflows, 50m net profit last year, 300m income; and now they are penny-pinching, like we're some amateurs. If you wanna buy top Serie A scorer, you'll have to pay hefty price for that. Anything below 25m and we're getting the short end of the stick here.
Marotta too was penny-pinching way too often, even less than 500k stood in his way to sign Licht.

And that penny-pinching is exactly what (most of the time) makes the club successful and financially stable. It's not their fault they do it, it's going to be our fault if we accept it.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
yes. their president recently said they broke over 300M income and that they are looking forward to break 400M... they paid 25M for fucking Mkhitaryan, they can pay atealst the same for Ciro

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I still have no idea why we don't want to keep a guy who is wanted by teams like Dortmund, Barcelona. It's mind blowing really. Especially since he'll only cost us around 10m.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Marotta too was penny-pinching way too often, even less than 500k stood in his way to sign Licht.

And that penny-pinching is exactly what (most of the time) makes the club successful and financially stable. It's not their fault they do it, it's going to be our fault if we accept it.
Not arguing with that logic, but only that we're not some second-rate club that can be forced to sell our highly rated young forward, unless they offer something better in return. For 18m, as it was reported yesterday, we'd be underselling Ciro.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Not arguing with that logic, but only that we're not some second-rate club that can be forced to sell our highly rated young forward, unless they offer something better in return. For 18m, as it was reported yesterday, we'd be underselling Ciro.
No doubt about that. However if we trust those rumors it was us who accepted the deal but Torino refused. I really have no idea why we do that, if it's true, because Immobile is worth more and we should try to bring him back and not sell him for peanuts. For money we get from him we'd probably invest it to buy Pereyra :shifty:

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
No doubt about that. However if we trust those rumors it was us who accepted the deal but Torino refused. I really have no idea why we do that, if it's true, because Immobile is worth more and we should try to bring him back and not sell him for peanuts. For money we get from him we'd probably invest it to buy Pereyra :shifty:
And that's the worrying part. Marotta jizzing his pants and desperate like a school girl tosell and make a measly 8-9mil profit (and throwing it away on deadwood like drogba at that) while Torino playing it smart and holding onto something they know is way worth more than that. :sergio:

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I still have no idea why we don't want to keep a guy who is wanted by teams like Dortmund, Barcelona. It's mind blowing really. Especially since he'll only cost us around 10m.
There has to be more to this then meets the eye I feel. At no point did Immobile (to the best of my knowledge) say he wanted to return to Juve. Maybe he has a shitty attitude or did something that aggravated the club?

Im 100% certain the club is well aware of his talent and stats, but there's probably more pressing concerns about his attitude or maybe we're just looking to turn a quick profit to bring in a higher standard of player :boh:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
There has to be more to this then meets the eye I feel. At no point did Immobile (to the best of my knowledge) say he wanted to return to Juve. Maybe he has a $#@!ty attitude or did something that aggravated the club?

Im 100% certain the club is well aware of his talent and stats, but there's probably more pressing concerns about his attitude or maybe we're just looking to turn a quick profit to bring in a higher standard of player :boh:
That may be the case tbh. If we really are ready to pay 15-18m for Sanchez it's because we don't have any more considering other needs (backup CM, CF and maybe even LB). So there you get let's say 11m from Immobile and you got yourself money for Sanchez.

I don't think Immobile has shitty attitude or anything. It's just that Dortmund offered him a starting spot, 3.5m salary, CL and a coach well known for working with youth and actually giving a chance. On the other hand He's got Juve who play in CL too but we won't give him 3.5m per season nor we guarantee him a starting spot. Immobile realizes it will be much harder to bench either Tevez or Llorente rather than compete with Ramos for a starting place. I think the choice is obvious.

You have to keep in mind we lived without him so far and it's not like we'll bench either 4.5m Llorente or 5.5m Tevez. His sale from coach's point of view is just an injection of cash so he can pick up from more interesting choices he's got on his mind.

I'd love to keep him as I believed in him since his Pescara days. It seems he made it so I'm not too happy with his sale but there are a lot of different things going on.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
It's been a while since Marotta has hinted that Juve would bring back Gabbiadini, who can play in 2 or 3 different positions, and not Immobile.

The board is hungry for funds and Immobile is simply the best opportunity to make some, Pogba/Vidal apart.

I don't agree with this position at all, but to me it makes sense that Juve already accepted Dortmund's offer and Torino didn't. We normally sell our players poorly and overpay for almost every Italian player signed.

I really think we should bring him back though. But it's not gonna happen. And I'm sure he'd gladly be willing to play for Juventus, like any other player in Italy.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I think that the best solution would be to give Torino one or two players in exchange for Ciro and than keep him or sell for 25-27 mln. Torino might accept full ownership of Zaza or Gabbiadini.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)