Ciro Immobile (5 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
RAMI¹⁰;3853234 said:
I still don't understand why we didn't go to the blind auction in Giovinco's case!
Because the blind auction would have been next summer, Giovinco had only been co-owned for a year.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I really hope this guy will keep his form and come back to us next year. It's the best thing we can do: give our youth with potential a chance since we can't afford / don't want to spend big money on proven forwards. Just don't sign / loan medicore forwards for bench role. This guy can shine, he just needs his chance and I hope he'll get it.

We already have four players from our youth sector in the first team, all of them are useful players and I'm very happy to see them playing. It's better than spending big cash just like clubs with no history do.

Gallo

Better than Matri
May 30, 2012
Because the blind auction would have been next summer, Giovinco had only been co-owned for a year.
Wasn't it second year already and we didn't go for blind auction, because in that case we would have to give them all the money right away and not in few years time (probably 3, I dunno exactly)?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Wasn't it second year already and we didn't go for blind auction, because in that case we would have to give them all the money right away and not in few years time (probably 3, I dunno exactly)?
Blind auctions only happen after two years of co-ownership, when the clubs can't agree between themselves on an acceptable deal. Giovinco was on loan for the 2010-11 season with an option for co-ownership, which they took up.

So the blind auction would have been at the end of the current season.

2010-11 Loan
2011-12 Co-ownership year 1
2012-13 Juventus bought Parma's 50% back (would have been Co-ownership year 2)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Blind auctions only happen after two years of co-ownership, when the clubs can't agree between themselves on an acceptable deal. Giovinco was on loan for the 2010-11 season with an option for co-ownership, which they took up.

So the blind auction would have been at the end of the current season.

2010-11 Loan
2011-12 Co-ownership year 1
2012-13 Juventus bought Parma's 50% back (would have been Co-ownership year 2)
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)