Ciro Immobile (27 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
drogba is coming to be a starter here? coz homeboy capocannoniere wont settle for less than first team action
We have no starters here except for Tevez. And if Immobile continues to play the way he has this season he would fight himself into the starting eleven the same way Tevez or Llorente can either play themselves out of a starting gig or get outplayed by Immobile.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
By no means I'm not comparing them. I couldn't care less what happens to this guy, but not at the expense of freaking Drogba. There are so much better options out there, and we're gonna have the same problem next Summer all over again. Bendtner, Anelka, Osvaldo, Drogba and so on.

i dont get that line.

But i understand the rationale of only going for 6 months/1 year contracts on your 4th/5th choice, one of the big mistakes secco committed was lengthy contracts.

- - - Updated - - -

We have no starters here except for Tevez. And if Immobile continues to play the way he has this season he would fight himself into the starting eleven the same way Tevez or Llorente can either play themselves out of a starting gig or get outplayed by Immobile.

idont understand why it is so hard to understand:

llorente and tevez are currently undisputed starters
immobile will want to start NOW, not in some potential future state

ergo immobile wont come here

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
i dont get that line.

But i understand the rationale of only going for 6 months/1 year contracts on your 4th/5th choice, one of the big mistakes secco committed was lengthy contracts.
Suns explained it. There are no sure starters in this team, or at least that's what Conte implies in every single interview of his.

So you think Drogba would be behind the likes of Giovinco here? Really X? He'll get a lot of minutes if he comes. Just wait and see. He won't be content with coming in for the last 7 minutes over the course of a season. He's not Osvaldo. He wants playing time because that's what he had everywhere he went.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Suns explained it. There are no sure starters in this team, or at least that's what Conte implies in every single interview of his.

So you think Drogba would be behind the likes of Giovinco here? Really X? He'll get a lot of minutes if he comes. Just wait and see. He won't be content with coming in for the last 7 minutes over the course of a season. He's not Osvaldo. He wants playing time because that's what he had everywhere he went.

i like how your view of the future goes from uncertainty to certainty depending on where you want the argument to go. Anyhoos, you are welcome to complain for the sake of complaining.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
i like how your view of the future goes from uncertainty to certainty depending on where you want the argument to go. Anyhoos, you are welcome to complain for the sake of complaining.
Would Drogba be really happy with the Osvaldo role next season? Just ask yourself that question.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Doesn't anyone find it strange that the only people that are talking about this are Dortmund, Cairo, and Immobile himself? Not a single word about him from Juve.

I think that is pretty telling that he doesn't fit into their plans.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
idont understand why it is so hard to understand:

llorente and tevez are currently undisputed starters
immobile will want to start NOW, not in some potential future state

ergo immobile wont come here
First of all, Immobile has no saying in this. If we buy him back he'll return without any demands of a starting spot. Surely everybody wants to start but it doesn't work that way.

And Tevez and Llorente are not undisputed starters, especially not Llorente. Him and Immobile will have to fight it out for the spot next to Tevez. It is a fair fight. Same thing for Drogba if he gets here.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Would Drogba be really happy with the Osvaldo role next season? Just ask yourself that question.

yes a 36 yo player doesnt want to play week in week out, and would rather cash his last paychecks in the game and win a thing or two in the process.

- - - Updated - - -

He should really be going for more than 20 million though.
need a few more suitors for that

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Even if he was in competition with Llorente from the moment he arrived, Llorente with his size and experience in playing with his back to goal all the time would edge Immobile out anyway. It's our playing style after all, and Conte isn't going to change it all for a player he doesn't seem to care about in the first place.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
First of all, Immobile has no saying in this. If we buy him back he'll return without any demands of a starting spot. Surely everybody wants to start but it doesn't work that way.

And Tevez and Llorente are not undisputed starters, especially not Llorente. Him and Immobile will have to fight it out for the spot next to Tevez. It is a fair fight. Same thing for Drogba if he gets here.
Yes he does. Of course he does. How many times have we heard the cliché "The will of the player?" If he doesn't want to come to Juve, and all signs point that for whatever reason, he doesn't, then why should the club take that kind of a chance on a player who doesn't want to be here?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yes he does. Of course he does. How many times have we heard the cliché "The will of the player?" If he doesn't want to come to Juve, and all signs point that for whatever reason, he doesn't, then why should the club take that kind of a chance on a player who doesn't want to be here?
and it points to the player not wnating

http://www.tuttosport.com/calcio/se...Immobile+al+Napoli?+Conte+lo+vuole+alla+Juve»

I would tell him, find a club willing to pay 26m, or you will just have to STFU and play here next season, bitch.
only napoli and dortmund have shown interest, i say we wait till after WC

- - - Updated - - -

He made 32 appearances with Gala last season.

so? osvaldo made some 15 appearances in half a season before joining us

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Ciro may well be the only thing standing in the way of us changing to the 4-3-3

Let's say we have a 25M budget + player sales. If we sell Ciro we have roughly 40M to play with plus a few other sales

If we bring him back we have 10-15M + a few sales. And the latter is nowhere near enough to build for a 4-3-3, at least not a 4-3-3 with players who are good enough to start for us.

So yeah, sacrificing a striker who would be benched for the sake of a change in formation is worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)