Ciro Ferrara (18 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
extremely sorry Ciro,i just don't know what to say.
you gave us everything you had as a player,as a captain,as a leader of men,in a time when we were full of quality,you shone out as an organiser and a man to be respected.
unfortunately,these same traits that helped make you a legend as a player,you are not yet able to portray as a manager. maybe one day you will hit the right tactics,the right approach,the right management style,but you were appointed in haste by a board desperate to deflect blame in the wake of Ranieri's disastrous last season...you were never truly supported by them,then they dithered when it became clear you were not the right man for the job (at this moment) and allowed the pressure to be mounted onto you,they should have known that your love for this club meant that you could NEVER walk away from the job.
the time has finally come for you to step aside,hopefully the spoiled brats who have degraded your name will now be forced to look at themselves,because no matter your failings as a coach you will always be a legend in my eyes,a man with a unique love for this club and a man of unquestioned integrity

Forza Ciro

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
mate trust me,for all we love Juventus,this man played for them,captained them,led them to countless glory,represented the club as an ambassador and did it all for the love of the club,what makes you think he could ever walk away from that?

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
mate trust me,for all we love Juventus,this man played for them,captained them,led them to countless glory,represented the club as an ambassador and did it all for the love of the club,what makes you think he could ever walk away from that?
Word up.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
And then didn't walk away when he knew he had hurt Juventus as a club, at first quite badly (the bayern game) then almost terminally (the rest of his games after that).

It's not an admirable trait to keep going after you have failed, it's lunacy.

He may have shown his respect and love to Juventus as a player but as a coach he as done nothing but harm this club. I would'nt forsee somebody as stubborn, let's not use dedicated, to walk away from a normal club, but after doing all of those things he decided to drag the old lady down instead of calling it a day after a primary target (CL) was not reached.

Say what you want but those 50 odd days he was no Juventino

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
the problem was not that he didn't realise he was failing,but that he thought that with hard work,determination and his love for the club,he could turn it around,his inexperience shows here more than anything,his naivety in thinking hard work could compensate for a lack of knowledge,skil,etc....

but you cannot blame the man for trying to cling on to his dream job,in the vain hope he could turn it around,this is where a strong board are needed,something we seriously lack

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
the problem was not that he didn't realise he was failing,but that he thought that with hard work,determination and his love for the club,he could turn it around,his inexperience shows here more than anything,his naivety in thinking hard work could compensate for a lack of knowledge,skil,etc....

but you cannot blame the man for trying to cling on to his dream job,in the vain hope he could turn it around,this is where a strong board are needed,something we seriously lack
It's not about a dream job, it's about what's best for Juventus.

I'll just say one final thing, CL was a vital target it wasn't reached at what point can hard work and determination make you un-fail?

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
hey i am not backing his track-record here,i am simply saying that if you were the man in charge,with that amount of history and love for the club,you would find it impossible to walk away too

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Ciro Ferrara has let nobody down. He is Juventino to his heart, the club he came to has replaced Napoli as his home. As a true fan of the club he could never have turned down the job when it was offered in the summer. Even then the club treated him badly, openly courting Gasperini & Conte before settling for Ferrara.

Then they continued the poor mercato work of the past 4 years, adding Cannavaro when he was clearly no upgrade on the Legro-Chiellini partnership of last season. Another summer of chasing a regista was a failure, so they bring in Melo. Buying Diego and choosing the 3 man midfield would fail without a passer among the three. We all knew Tiago was a bust, yet he gets another shot, while Zanetti (who could at least play the position) was also shipped out. Then to make sure Ferrara has no option but to use the flawed formation we sell Marchionni, which on top of Nedved's retirement left us with no players out wide.

Now locked into a 3 man midfield yet lacking the players to make it work Ciro managed to start the season in great form. It was only when the big games came around we were found wanting.

As Boz rightly says, a man of Ferrara's integrity would never give up. A man with that much love & respect for our shirt could never just walk away.

It is the constant, continued mistakes of the board that have caused this mess, & now it has cost a club legend his rightful place at the club. He may not be cut out to be the first team coach, but you just dont abuse men like Ferrara. The whole thing is a joke.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
you gave us everything you had as a player,as a captain,as a leader of men,in a time when we were full of quality,you shone out as an organiser and a man to be respected.
unfortunately,these same traits that helped make you a legend as a player,you are not yet able to portray as a manager. maybe one day you will hit the right tactics,the right approach,the right management style,but you were appointed in haste by a board desperate to deflect blame in the wake of Ranieri's disastrous last season...you were never truly supported by them,then they dithered when it became clear you were not the right man for the job (at this moment) and allowed the pressure to be mounted onto you,they should have known that your love for this club meant that you could NEVER walk away from the job.
the time has finally come for you to step aside,hopefully the spoiled brats who have degraded your name will now be forced to look at themselves,because no matter your failings as a coach you will always be a legend in my eyes,a man with a unique love for this club and a man of unquestioned integrity

Forza Ciro
:tup:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003

Forza Ciro
:tup:

I appolgise for nothing, you betrayed Juventus by staying after the Bayern Game.
:sergio:

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I find it astonishing that people here can't comprehend what a minimum target is.

You can :sergio: all you want, but he was supposed to challenge for the Scudetto, Get to at least the QF of the CL (so I am told, at least the last 16) and probably the CI was unimportant. We were out of the title race around the same time as the CL in what concievable reality can you regain something like a last 16 CL qualification(keeping pace in a league competition perhaps yes) when you don't qualify?

This is the exact same type of (ex)player-fanboyism that would see Del Piero start every single game and never subbed. I don't love Ferarra,Del Piero or any player more than I love the entity that is Juventus itself, nobody is bigger than the team, wake up and realise that Ciro Ferrara is afforded too much respect here. He was all fine and dandy as an heroic ex-player that had helped us win trophies, then he took the managers job and bombed big time, cop on.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
In this situtaion i have decided to put all the blame on the board for hiring him i hold nothing against him personally and this should not effect his legendary status at the club imo. I do not blame Ferrara for taking the job or not giving up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)