Ciro Ferrara (11 Viewers)

mjomran

Aug 19, 2004
Nothing. Ferrara will remain until Thursday (and possibly until Sunday)! The board decided on an interim coach rather than a long term solution. However, they did not agree on who is the interim coach.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I can't really decide who will be better for us at this moment if it is between Guus or Benitez.

Guus will provide a new mentality to our team. Immediate change and success are two very probable objectives with him in charge. Will cost a lot get - 6mln for 5/6 months is a lot. Possibly won't stay here longer than 2.5 years.

Benitez is a coach who we can plan ahead with. I can see him staying for 4/5 years with us if we were to get him. He won't cost as much as the former, although not very cheap as well, but who is these days? His 4-2-3-1 can really be a successive one with the squad at our disposal. If he doesn't has a say on our transfers, I think he'll be great.

In short, as a long term coach, Benitez is more ideal. For immediate success go for Hiddink. That is, if we don't get a 5 year deal for Hiddink worth 10Mil/year. :p

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
I really don't see any of them I must admit.

If Hiddink was a choice it would have happened already. I don't think that all this has come down to lousy is €1-2M.

Benitez as an interim coach just makes no sense. Maybe an interim coach and benitez in the summer. But still that is very uncertain - because things could very well improve for Liverpool and he'll stay there.

I could see them letting him go now, becuase they want to fire him, so he has forfeit on his termination fee to join us. But still this is a long shot.

Hope i'm wrong but i'm starting to think we should be happy if we could pursuade Laudrup to do it. Pathetico could not even do that....

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I doubt Liverpool would let Rafa leave,irrespective of how their season goes.They'll let him go at the end of the season but they'll make damn sure that they tie Torres to a fresh extended contract.

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009

awit

Jan 10, 2010
So Ciro knows he's fired and all the players know he's fired and it's only a matter of finding a replacement? If that's the case how can they expect the team to perform at all for now? Obviously Ciro can't be 100% motivated for the job and the players can't play for him anymore.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
So Ciro knows he's fired and all the players know he's fired and it's only a matter of finding a replacement? If that's the case how can they expect the team to perform at all for now? Obviously Ciro can't be 100% motivated for the job and the players can't play for him anymore.
Everyone but Blanc appreciates that.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
I'd really like to see how Rafa's 4-2-3-1 would work for us. Especially when Gio is fit. It worked quite well already when we tried it and Benitez can definitely make it work a lot better than Ciro since it's his preferred formation. Still I'd prefer Guus over Rafa if that was possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)