Ciro Ferrara (8 Viewers)

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Ferrara: I can't fault Bianconeri
Saturday 12 December, 2009
Ciro Ferrara insists he could not fault the Juventus performance tonight and tried to reassure Diego.

“It certainly wasn't an easy few days. We tried to get our strength back and came here with humility, putting ourselves on a par with Bari, who are in good shape,” he said after the Champions League exit to Bayern Munich and tonight's 3-1 loss at the San Nicola.

“It's honestly difficult to explain what happened tonight. I've seen many games in my lifetime, but this was truly bizarre, as we could've played for hours and not scored. Bari had three real shots on target and netted all of them.

“When there is the need to criticise the squad I am the first to do it, but tonight I don't feel I can say anything to my players. I saw the grit and determination in their eyes that I hadn't seen in a while.”

Ferrara was already under fire following the Euro exit, so naturally controversy will be stirred up by this shock defeat.

“The Coach has his responsibility and clearly there will be criticism after this defeat, because those who didn't see the game cannot get a clear picture of what happened. The tactician is a central figure in the club and of course takes responsibility along with everyone.”

Diego has been a flop this season and ballooned a penalty over the bar at the end of another poor overall performance.

“We need to stay close to him, let him understand he shouldn't feel such responsibility on his shoulders,” mused Ferrara.

“He is an important player and a foreigner who is new to Serie A. He came with many expectations and every time there is an error, it is highlighted. It's a shame about the penalty, but everyone misses sometimes.

“All of us know that recently we haven't given what we did at the start of the season. There is the desire to work hard and improve.

“Diego has had a bit of a strange journey, as he started so well this season and the pressure was piled on to him. We will stand by him, as he is a valuable figure for this club.”

Director of sport Alessio Secco was on the bench for this match to sit alongside Ferrara and the players.

“He wanted to be close to the squad and experience this difficult moment along with us, sharing and comforting. Unfortunately he didn't bring much luck!”
http://www.football-italia.net/dec12s.html

OH REALLY?

Jun 20, 2009
http://www.football-italia.net/dec12s.html

Ferrara: “It's honestly difficult to explain what happened tonight. I've seen many games in my lifetime, but this was truly bizarre, as we could've played for hours and not scored. Bari had three real shots on target and netted all of them."
And he called that "truly bizarre"? That alone already shows how clueless he is as a coach. Sigh!
I want him out as soon as possible. He has already ruined his coaching career but more importantly he has also started ruining the careers of others like Giovinco, Melo and Diego.

May 22, 2007
“It certainly wasn't an easy few days. We tried to get our strength back and came here with humility, putting ourselves on a par with Bari, who are in good shape,” he said after the Champions League exit to Bayern Munich and tonight's 3-1 loss at the San Nicola.

“It's honestly difficult to explain what happened tonight. I've seen many games in my lifetime, but this was truly bizarre, as we could've played for hours and not scored. Bari had three real shots on target and netted all of them.
On par with Bari isn't good enough for the talent you have available.
Bari had a lot of shots and should have scored more. Just because they're on target doesn't mean they shouldn't have scored more.

I don't like this at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)