Ciro Ferrara (17 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ciro was surely not the only problem.

Zaccheroni came in and not only did jack fuck all, but he also managed to be worse than Ciro, and this guy is supposed to have loads of "experience."

Every area of the club is problem, from the defense all the way to the medical staff. Everything else is either mediocre or an absolute disaster.

Forza Ciro. Hope he does well with whatever position is handed to him.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I respect Ciro, and its understandable to want to stand up for himself, but despite all the issues this team in overall has, he WAS the problem, the MAIN problem, without any shadow of doubt. Wasnt 100% the problem, as the sole issue, as Ranieri wasnt. But Ciro's incompetence and inexperience as coach was the prime reason for our sitaution.
No way. With so many problems, as Andy points out, from top-down how can you possibly make the statement that Ciro was the biggest problem? Especially considering Zaccheroni and Ranieri, the latter somewhat less so, had the same issues.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Ciro did a interview with Gazzetta today:

-it wasn't only his fault the Juve failed

-Del Piero always wants to play and sometimes its a problem and could be a problem next season

-the way Melo acted in training annoyed many, and you could tell on the field

-Diego shouldn't be sold, but he needs strikers with pace and movement

probably more stuff will come out later on
He just annoyed Kaka in Brazil training recently. a troublemaker in our training can be a bad problem on the field too..

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
He just annoyed Kaka in Brazil training recently. a troublemaker in our training can be a bad problem on the field too..
That story was denied.

I think Melo is given a worse look than he really is as a person, he needed someone to believe in his abilities 'as Dunga or Prandelli' when he had to prove worthy of 25M, but it was too much pressure he couldn't handle
Let's see how he'll do with Brazil before we even think of selling, it'd be pretty stupid to sell anyone right now other than our fullbacks and Tiago

May 22, 2007
Ferrara backs Brazilian duo
Friday 11 June, 2010
Former Juventus boss Ciro Ferrara has urged the club to keep hold of Brazilian disappointments Felipe Melo and Diego.

The duo’s future at the outfit is in doubt following a problematic first season at the Stadio Olimpico in Turin.

Both players cost over €20m each last summer, with Melo arriving from Fiorentina and Diego coming in after excelling at Werder Bremen.

However, both struggled to perform to their potential as the Old Lady finished a lowly seventh after a tough season.

“I think they deserve another chance,”
said Ferrara, a man who was replaced mid-season by Alberto Zaccheroni, in an interview with Radio MilanInter.

“However, we’ll have to see in what way new boss Luigi Del Neri will want to play. As a result, perhaps Diego is more at risk.”

Del Neri is a 4-4-2 man, whereas Juventus changed to a 4-3-1-2 under Ferrara in order to accommodate Diego.

Juventus have made massive changes at boardroom level this summer and are busy building a new competitive squad.

“There has been a shake-up and I hope things change for the better,”
added the former Napoli and Juve defender.

“Juventus have gone through difficult times in the past. Although the most recent season was bad, there is no need to throw everything away.

“On a tactical level Del Neri will give his own imprint and there are still some important elements today in the squad.

“Not everything needs a facelift, the side just needs to re-find that winning mentality which is constructed when players marry the ideas of a Coach and they fight for a common cause.”

http://football-italia.net/jun11g.html

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Juventus' Winning Cycle Finished A Long Time Ago - Ciro Ferrara

Former Juventus coach Ciro Ferrara believes the club are in for a traumatic future, and it will take a long time to rebuild.

The Bianconeri have started at a gradient this term, and the struggle will only get steeper, says Ferrara, who was ousted in January.

"is the winning cycle finished? Unfortunately yes. The team that used to win in Italy and abroad belongs to the past now," he told Il Corriere dello Sport.

"And the reconstruction will take a long time. There needs to be understanding and people have to bow down to the normality that Juventus are not used to."

Ferrara is still without a job, but admitted he is looking around Europe.

"I wait with trust. I would like an experience abroad. I have studied [Roberto] Mancini, [Carlo] Ancelotti, [Sir Alex] Ferguson and [Gianfranco] Zola," he said.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/ital...g-cycle-finished-a-long-time-ago-ciro-ferrara

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The winning mentality cannot be borrowed,
we are playing with loaned players, as starters, players that were subs to losers team,
it is natural that we have lack winning mentality, when we lack champion and leaders.
This is one of the main reasons, Inter couldnt touch us, when we used to be a great team, and they had more and better subs, when we were taking an optimal use of our champions and some squad players.
The quantity>quality strategy, we have been using since serie B, will lead us nowhere, i called that right when the five year plan was concieved,
too bad our amateur managers still failed to realize than, even today, after all what happened...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)