Ciro Ferrara (10 Viewers)

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Ferrara linked with Mallorca
Monday 31 May, 2010
Ciro Ferrara could be back coaching soon with Spanish club Mallorca apparently interested in hiring him.

The 43-year-old recently had his contract rescinded at Juventus having got the sack in January following a terrible run.

Mallorca are looking for a new Coach after Gregorio Manzano left the club after four years in charge at Son Moix.

The Professor worked a minor miracle this season, guiding Mallorca to a fifth place finish in La Liga.

They have qualified for next year's Europa League, but remain strapped for cash and are expected to sell some of their best players this summer.

Whether Ferrara fits the bill as a Coach capable of working for a club with such little money remains to be seen.

http://www.football-italia.net/may31m.html

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Ciro did a interview with Gazzetta today:

-it wasn't only his fault the Juve failed

-Del Piero always wants to play and sometimes its a problem and could be a problem next season

-the way Melo acted in training annoyed many, and you could tell on the field

-Diego shouldn't be sold, but he needs strikers with pace and movement

probably more stuff will come out later on

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007

-Del Piero always wants to play and sometimes its a problem and could be a problem next season

That all makes sense, and was predictable..
making it all Ferrara's fault is easier than thinking subjectively though, but after all the coach takes all responsibility.

Amauri has both , pace and movement .
Not when you feed him to his feet, he becomes pretty useless, and it's strange because he used to be good at it as much as aerial plays

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
The story he told FI was class of him, i agree with what he said about the players

Ferrara: 'I'm not solely to blame' Wednesday 2 June, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ciro Ferrara insists that he wasn't completely to blame for Juventus performing so disastrously last season.

The 43-year-old was fired in January after a terrible run of results. However, things didn't improve under his successor Alberto Zaccheroni and Juventus finished seventh in Serie A.

Interviewed in this morning's La Gazzetta dello Sport, Ferrara said: “Zaccheroni admitted that things hadn't improved. He was always correct in his behaviour towards me.

“I don't fixate myself with the statistics. Month after month situations are different. But one thing exists for certain: it wasn't my fault.

“I have no bad feeling towards Juve and their fans because you can't forget 16 years because of six months. Last week I rescinded my contract because I want to return to work as a Coach, not because I felt compelled to abandon Turin.

“That said, in the days that followed I read comments that hurt me. Footballers are made this way, but phrases like: 'Now that we train well' or 'Zac finally makes us work on tactics', as if I had not spent hours on the pitch explaining systems and schemes…

“Let's say that my successor was more prepared. The players who got a worse average number of points with him are really donkeys.

“In general, I don't want alibis, I feel responsible for the failure. The good start and subsequent rain of praise in some way made the tension dip.

“At first I was very demanding and things went smoothly. Then I softened a little. Unconsciously I must have thought that the difficulty was behind me. You can see the inexperience of which I am accused there,” he concluded.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006

that is why u need a coach to tell him to fuck off. Just like raul in RM & giggs and scholes at Manchowder he needs to realise his time is near the end....idol or not and accept that he can no longer be the focus ofthe team like he was in yesteryear! Too much nostaligia at the club when it come to him, just as there was with people fappin over bettega return earlier this year and those calling for the return of lippi & moggi.

now is not the time for sentiemtality! Sentimentality get's u nothing

Then how can he justify diverting from a clearly effective 4-2-3-1 with gio & camo & 4-3-1-2 that was clearly not working!

I'm sorry but the man either just shot himself in the foot with that line OR the fact that DP could not adapt to 4-2-3-1 other than in deigo's role and his wanting to play forced ferrara's hand a little?

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
That all makes sense, and was predictable..
making it all Ferrara's fault is easier than thinking subjectively though, but after all the coach takes all responsibility.

Not when you feed him to his feet, he becomes pretty useless, and it's strange because he used to be good at it as much as aerial plays
Opppsss,i mean he "had"
:p

icεmαή;2516876 said:
With women :agree: :D
:D good one :D

May 22, 2007
If it's because they're friends, then it's unprofessional from Ciro and he shouldn't really say it was a problem, because he could have benched him. I don't think that would be it though.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I respect Ciro, and its understandable to want to stand up for himself, but despite all the issues this team in overall has, he WAS the problem, the MAIN problem, without any shadow of doubt. Wasnt 100% the problem, as the sole issue, as Ranieri wasnt. But Ciro's incompetence and inexperience as coach was the prime reason for our sitaution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)