Ciro Ferrara, an other year with Juve. (1 Viewer)

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
so , Ciro will play another year fro Juventus , & that means that Juve won't bring a new central defender next season or what?

OP
mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    I hope they will buy a young central defender (Bonera?) anycase!
    But Ciro schowed that he can be useful, maybe not 4 all match, but he can still be ready to be called up everytime he will be needed :)

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    maybe his role would be more like the role of Rampulla in his last couple of seasons!!!

but overall he has been one of our best defenders in the league this year!

OP
    mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by KeNgO ] ++
    but overall he has been one of our best defenders in the league this year!
    Yep... can you image the current year without him? It wuolud be a mess! He started as "just a replacement" but he was so useful!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Ciro can stay another season......good to have an experiecned player like him for the youngsters.

i think Montero and Iuliano might have to go and they can be replaced with Bonera and Mexes....that would be good.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    yep, looks like we're looking to the future here :rolleyes:

I know, lets get rampulla back and give conte a 4 year deal..geez...

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    I do not know about the rest but my comment was more in the way that he has become such an irreplaceable part in Juve community that I'm not ready yet to let him go away ... A new defender is a must, but why should Ciro leave? He has been playing very good and if you wouldn't be soo in love in Montero you might actually realize that. I could not imagine a more perfect sub :)

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Nina I'm not blinded by my 'love' of Montero at all. I realise he's not been great this year. To me, this signals a step backwards, a cop-out by Moggi. A signal of his intention not to bring through younger talent into the fold.

Any Juve fan will tell you we need the likes of Chivu, Mexes or Bonera to come in, I just hope moggi realises this..

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    he does realise, i mean he's a smart man.

but what will he do about it.

IMHO i used to feel that we dont need super-star defenders, but now i change my view.

without thuram we would be in serie C3 right now.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    a big name in defense is a must!!!!

and moggi said he will sign a big name for the defense this summer
    i just hope it is Chivu although he is expensive but he is definitly worth it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)