Christian Vieri (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Vieri is a one year solution, if Trez is sold. I know he'd do well at Juve if hes playing infront of Cassano and Mutu. But given his age, i think we'll be in the market again next year for a replacement. Pretty pointless deal to me.
Couldnt have said it better bro.....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Vieri will go 2 a team that will make him look good for Lippi, if juve promise him playing time then he'll probably join

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Vieri for Trez is a great move, IMO...

Vieri IS a better striker, is physically stronger, plus he would touch the ball much more than Trez

Its a great move !!!!!!!!!!!
I agree, though I would miss Trezegoal.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Vieri don`t have many seasons to play!
He is already 32 years old past his prime and he won`t get any better that means he would be a temporary replacement which we will need to replace in 2 years at the max!
What I`m saying here is if we sell Trez we would have to get Gilardino or someone like him cause there aren`t much players with the finishing abilities such as Trez!

njork10

Jun 30, 2005
I will rather sell trez for the reported 30million chelsea offered and use the 15million to get owen who is much younger than vieri and approaching his prime and equally as good if not better.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
here we r...CHannel4 :D:D:D

Juventus director general Luciano Moggi ruled out a return to Turin. "Where would we fit Vieri in with Zlatan Ibrahimovic and David Trezeguet? Let's be serious..."

:D :D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juventinoo ] ++

Juventus director general Luciano Moggi ruled out a return to Turin. "Where would we fit Vieri in with Zlatan Ibrahimovic and David Trezeguet? Let's be serious..."

since when do you believe ANYTHING of what Moggi says ?????

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juventinoo ] ++

yeah but a couple of days ago he was mentioning a nice offer for trezeguet as well.

do you think moggi realises that everyone knows when he is lying??

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
in addition that we look at free transfers , vieri days are over , he should go to qatar to end his career , or go back to atletico again

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
in addition that we look at free transfers , vieri days are over , he should go to qatar to end his career , or go back to atletico again
Your kidding , right ???

Maybe you dont get to watch much Serie A, but Vieri is STILL one of the best strikers out there

Didnt he score against us this past season ????

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Vieri may not be as good as b4, but saying that he should go to Qatar is too overboard. He still creates problems for the defence opposition teams with his physical strength even though he has past his prime. However I still prefer Gila to Vieri.

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Didnt he score against us this past season ????
Yeah, he rifled it that volley from an impossible angle..setting it up for Adriano draw Inter level 2-2. Bobo's goal did the damage though if you ask me..

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
i wouldnt mind vieri at juventus next season.but the thing is,you look at all the big clubs around europe who pose a serious threat to major trophies like the champions league..and they have young forwards.im not saying that you cant be succesful if u have an aging forward in a top side,but i dont think that u can be succesful on all fronts.relying totaly on vieri for the goals next season in all competitions does not seem right to me.i dont doubt his quality,he still has plenty of ability,but i dont think that juventus wud be succesful in europe with a 32 year old forward all season.at 32,he wud be more injury prone than other younger strikers,and he would not have the stamina to last the whole competition or to play at his best in games which go on in extra time.
i dont doubt his finishing ability.even though he had a bad season i still think he's one of the best finishers in italy,but a 32 year old forward playing in a side that is hungry for success in the champions league does not seem right to me.add that to the fact that vieri does not have a great scoring record in europe,and we are caught in a bad situation.

i wont mind vieri,but his aging legs bother me.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Moggi D'Messiah ] ++
I aint too sure bout this one. maybe a vieri of say 2years ago but the old and ''battered'' version of today? .......eh Think i'll give it a miss actually.
:scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)