chivu for juve (1 Viewer)

Christian j

Jun 2, 2004
Cristian Chivu could become the latest piece of the Roma jigsaw to leave for arch-rivals Juventus.

Bianconeri general director Luciano Moggi stated over the weekend that a "surprise" signing could be on the way and the Romanian is being linked.

Moggi is in constant contact with the Giallorossi in an attempt to finally agree a fee for Emerson.

Now newspaper reports suggest that the Old Lady of Italian football are also keen on netting Chivu.

The defender, signed last summer from Ajax, had a magnificent debut season under boss Fabio Capello.

Now the latter, who has replaced Marcello Lippi on the Juve bench, would like the stopper at his disposal again.

It would certainly be a massive blow for the Giallorossi to lose Chivu but they do have cover in defence.

They are on the verge of signing both Matteo Ferrari and Philippe Mexes – who are central stoppers.

If they did sell the player then they would also free themselves of his salary which may be as high as £2.5m a season.

If Chivu does move to Turin then he will team up with numerous former Roma colleagues in the shape of Capello, Jonathan Zebina and probably Emerson.

that mean this is the surprise from moggi

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
You prefer Chivu to Nesta?

Personally I think Chivu's over-rated as a defender, probably because he takes freekicks etc, while Nesta's been one of the best in the world for gawsh knows how long now

Srecka

Jan 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
You prefer Chivu to Nesta?
Personally I think Chivu's over-rated as a defender, probably because he takes freekicks etc, while Nesta's been one of the best in the world for gawsh knows how long now

yeh, but not for the defender, ''the latest piece of the Roma jigsaw''--> ''i prefer Chivu''

:D

++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
expect this would never happen ;)
:rolleyes:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
in any rate, i think it obvious that this is just one of those media bullshit link...the same as what they do to us with mexes, gilardino, ferrari, janklovski, emerson, vieri, rothen, gonzalo rodriguez and some other more....

expect this would never happen ;)

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
Last year Moggi had his chance signing the defender but didn't. Now one year later he is being linked with us, and now we have to pay money to Roma instead of Ajax!

I don't remember how much the fee was for Chivu, but I had rather seen Juve paying €15m to Ajax rather than €10m to Roma for Chivu! :p :rolleyes:

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
I would like to see Nesta sign for us....well, Chivu is better than nothing....guess you can't have everything ya?

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
:wallbang: you guys think moggi will go for nesta?

nesta to juve is impossible. as for chivu, i'd like to see him at juve.

btw, how old is he?

p.s. what's happening with capello? he's wanting to transform juve to roma.

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

what's happening with capello? he's wanting to transform juve to roma.
Yeah, Capello, Zebina, Chivu(?), Emerson(?), what's next? Totti?

Are we buying them because of their qualities, or is this a Moggi-Sensi war?

In any case, I'd prefer Ferrari and Mexes instead of Chivu. But the guy has talent and is a solid defender, would be a good signing IMO. I just fear he will cost us a lot in transfer and wage...

Romano

May 22, 2004
Mexes is still young, and we don't know if he will fit into Italian Playstyle (just like Mutu can't in England)
Chivu is good and has Experience in Serie A, and his Team-Mate Zebina also plays in Juve.
So I wouldn't be suprised if he join Juventus, I would rather be happy :)

reneu

Jul 2, 2004
I don't know much about chivu, but a decent defender is always needed.

and who says, that this would be the "big surprise" buy by moggi?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)