Chievo - Juventus (1 Viewer)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Hard match! We will play in Verona, and we don't have our full squad! But I hope we make some points there (dosen't matter 1 or 3 points), and we play a great game there!
My line-up:
Buffon
Thuram-Ferrara-Fresi-Birindelli
Camoranesi-Conte-Davids
Nedved
Trezeguet-Del Piero

But I wouldn't be surprised if we see Zambo in defense, and Fresi on the bench! But I think Fresi is a great player, who played great till now! Never made any mistakes till now in the Juve shirt, and even scored a wonderfull goal!

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
! But I hope we make some points there (dosen't matter 1 or 3 points
I disagree. we certainly need all the 3 poins! Especially when 3 other good teams competing us! all those 3 teams have a lead on us, and they don't lose a lot of points this year!

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Marcello Lippi selected 19 players for the away match in Verona against Chievo, scheduled on Sunday. For the first time after the winter pause Paolo Montero is available.

1 Gianluigi BUFFON
2 Ciro FERRARA
3 Alessio TACCHINARDI
4 Paolo MONTERO
5 Igor TUDOR
7 Gianluca PESSOTTO
8 Antonio CONTE
10 Alessandro DEL PIERO
11 Pavel NEDVED
12 Antonio CHIMENTI
14 Cristian ZENONI
15 Alessandro BIRINDELLI
16 Mauro CAMORANESI
17 David TREZEGUET
18 Marco DI VAIO
19 Gianluca ZAMBROTTA
21 Lilian THURAM
25 Marcelo ZALAYETA
26 Edgar DAVIDS

Seven bianconeri won’t take parte to the journey to Verona: Moretti, Baiocco, Salas, Fresi, Bonnefoi, Iuliano and Olivera. The Uruguayan player is still in his country for the Under 20 South American Championships while Iuliano recovered from his muscolar problems but he’s not ready yet for Sunday’s match.

Marcello Lippi explaines then why he left the other five in Turin: “I don’t want to take with me 25 players and then being forced to leave 6 of them out. I prefer going to Verona with 18 guys, leaving the others here to work on Sunday morning, and giving then a day of rest to all of them on Monday. It’s good being all together but I think it’s a negative thing leaving some players without doing anything for two days in a row”.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
2003 have started and Serie A is reaching an important moment, the end of the first leg: from now on all the matches will be more and more important. A sensation that is felt by all the teams, Juventus included.

“This is the moment where we feel some kind of sensations – Marcelo Lippi confirmed – I feel them and I try to pass them to the guys. And, infact, I bothered them quite a lot in the last days. It’s the moment to “slap”, not “being slapped”, obviously speaking with a “football” meaning. We’ve got to give everything we can. We have to start giving answers to ourselves to understand if we can win again this year. Each Sunday the Serie A asks who’s going to win the league, each week there’s a poll and we want to answer”.

The bianconero coach will look for the first answers at Bentegodi. The first leg of Serie A for the Bianconeri will end in the stadium of a team considered by everyone a team able to win the Scudetto, Chievo. A team quite respected by Lippi: “I confirm what I already said before: Chievo is neither a miracle nor a phenomen. It’s the result of hard work and good planning. They’ve been working a lot in the last years, even before Del Neri’s arrival. The players, the ones of the last two years, are very good. And the coach is able to obtain the best from them.Through planning, seriousness, work, competence of the coach and skill of the players it is easy to reach good results”.

“The team plays quickly and is good in conquering the spaces on the pitch – Lippi added – This year the team is a bit different, more careful in defence, with taller players and that’s why they allow less goals and score some more in comparison with the last year. They’re more practical, with another year of experience, they know how to deal with certain situations. They’ve surely grown alot and when a team have these features, you can’t expect an easy game”.

=================================

Ok .. Lippi is freaking me out .. C'mon oldy, we can get them !!

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
I'm really looking forward to watching the match 2nite. But to be honest, I'm not so confident that we win. Chievo plays so well in their home field. Besides, our defend seems not to be as solid as before. We'll see anyway.

Forza Juve!!
:thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)