Chen Tao Of China (1 Viewer)

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
ßömßäяdîëя;1414954 said:
I don't want any Asians in Europe at all.
I thought you were anti-racism. Whether I agree with you or not, this statement sounds a bit odd for someone who called his little cavalry in to lambaste me when I made a much less brash statement about Mexican players.

Buy on AliExpress.com

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
besides nakata n nakamura.......can't think of any other orientals who have made a mark in europe.....their builds r too slight n they can't cope...

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I don't know if this guy is any good, I only know he tested at Anderlecht some time ago and wasn't offered any deal. Anderlecht is no European powerhouse!
But on the other hand, China is rapidly becoming very interesting as a market, not only as a fan base but also to lure potential sponsors.
Let's face it there are 1billion plus Chinese, there is bound to be at least one potential superstar among them. We just have to find him first. It is not that China suck as a football nation right now that there are no good players over there.
They have a lot of catching up to do but without a doubt they will get there. We hust have to be ready to profit when they do. Therefor we need make ourselves a household name in Asia and contracting a player is the best way a football team can.
So if we just buy a Chinese player we don't have to play him all the time but if one of them is linked to us, we already have ourselves a name among the other Chinese players and fans.
And like I said there is bound to be at least one potential football star. Just look at the NBA, they introduced their first Chinese and he was an instant hit. It is not that China was known as a basketball powerhouse.
Don't generallise these stereotypes.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
In the asian cup some of the better players have been Malek and Yasser Al-Qahtani(love this guy) of Saudi Arabia.

Sebastian of Qatar looked quite good also, with ofcourse Japanese Nakamura and Takahara. South Korea look shit.

If Juve had to get one asian dude, I'd rather be either Malek, Al-Qahtani or Sebastian. Marketing wise, these countries have enough finance to actually "BUY" OFFICIAL MERCHANDISING instead of cheap fakes.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
besides nakata n nakamura.......can't think of any other orientals who have made a mark in europe.....their builds r too slight n they can't cope...
They can cope in Scotland when playing for the Old Firm because the get looked after by the biased referees.

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
are u saying the dumb NEWPAPER?

totally agree with you.
YUP it seem like we are still a colony of Great Britain lapping up every damn shit
from the Epl don't get me wrong i do enjoy watching some of their games but come on as the tag line goes the best league in the world gimme a break:tdown:

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
Same here in Hong Kong mate. Its really sickening.

But I do have great fun taking a piss at the so-called "football fans" when EPL teams or England lose, which is quite often!
Yeah i can see, I saw the Liverppol Vs Portsmouth game today and the whole Stadium was packed , keep up the good work of dissing the ignorant EPL and England fans:)

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
I really don't care where he is from. But you should bear in mind that Chinese are very different from European players. They take very little initiative their coach needs to tell them what is expected from them. This comes from personal experience as I've been working in HongKong on a regular basis. They work hard but have absolutely no creativety or sense of initiative. I heard the same goes for Japanese. Excellent in copying and taking over ideas but very seldom they come up with a sollution on their own.
From what I've seen from Chinese or Japanese football this trademark is present in their teams as well. Foreign coaches have been trying to change this.
Hiddink for one was very succesfull in doing so but I don't know if Koreans have the same mentality.
Like I said before, if he is good buy him but with Asians you should give them enough time to just to a different way of thinking. In Japan or China it is considered very offensive to say what is on your mind to a supperior, in this case a coach. That is simply not done in these countries. You have to tell them what to do.
Sorry Mate i dont know about the people u met, lack of creativity and intiative it might apply 10-20 years back or low skill staff currently but i have met very creative chinese and japanese people , i have worked with them as colleagues and clients and also had relationships with some of them female that is trust me they got their own mind , sometimes it is out of respect they do not voice out.Back to the pointif we are going to bring in a asian player make sure he is good enough and not just as a marketing tool.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Sorry Mate i dont know about the people u met, lack of creativity and intiative it might apply 10-20 years back or low skill staff currently but i have met very creative chinese and japanese people , i have worked with them as colleagues and clients and also had relationships with some of them female that is trust me they got their own mind , sometimes it is out of respect they do not voice out.Back to the pointif we are going to bring in a asian player make sure he is good enough and not just as a marketing tool.
I do not want to generalise this but it is my personal feeling that Chinese employees have an unhealthy respect for their superior.
Last week I was in Bejing and HongKong and I saw a couple of games after hours. It just struck me that the players always looked at the coach to reorganise their tactics. They never argued with me over work. Now you can call that polite but sometimes you want your collegues to sort their own problems out.
Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no problems with Asians but sometimes I wished they took a chance, some initiative.
Have you ever taken a look at Japan or Korea, they play attractive, fast football but when they have to come up with a sollution they depend on their coach to tell them what to do. Tgat is what I mean, they have difficulties working this out themselves on the pitch.
Economically and financially I'm all for this idea but if we buy an Asian player we should at least settle him in a trusted environment. Do not buy him and leave him alone on his appartment with no life besides football.

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
I do not want to generalise this but it is my personal feeling that Chinese employees have an unhealthy respect for their superior.
Last week I was in Bejing and HongKong and I saw a couple of games after hours. It just struck me that the players always looked at the coach to reorganise their tactics. They never argued with me over work. Now you can call that polite but sometimes you want your collegues to sort their own problems out.
Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no problems with Asians but sometimes I wished they took a chance, some initiative.
Have you ever taken a look at Japan or Korea, they play attractive, fast football but when they have to come up with a sollution they depend on their coach to tell them what to do. Tgat is what I mean, they have difficulties working this out themselves on the pitch.
Economically and financially I'm all for this idea but if we buy an Asian player we should at least settle him in a trusted environment. Do not buy him and leave him alone on his appartment with no life besides football.
I am no chinese expert but this stems from the upbringing that a lot of them had while young not to question and showing respect to your elders ,teachers and superiors , i pleasantly surprised that this still prevalent as i live in muticultural society where four main races co-exist and actually notice a declining attitude towards respect and more challenging attitude from the younger generation at times.Coaches are paid to think for the team and the players to abide by instructions this happens everwhere. I am not expert on the Chinese or Hongkong league so i am not sure on the players tactical discpline or knowledge but i am pretty sure players in Japan or South korea are pretty vocal about tactics, probably some of the posters could give us a better idea

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
ßömßäяdîëя;1414954 said:
Seedorf is not a chanker.

:D

:lol2:

Word....

I don't want any Asians in Europe at all.
Hi Mate how are u doing, i still see your mouth is still KNN CB , remember that ha ha.I don't take these comments of yours seriously but others do so lay off it.
U will need asians in Europe/America to help your economies :) NO OFFENCE TO THE REST OF THE EUROPEAN/AMERICAN FORUM VIEWERS

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I am no chinese expert but this stems from the upbringing that a lot of them had while young not to question and showing respect to your elders ,teachers and superiors , i pleasantly surprised that this still prevalent as i live in muticultural society where four main races co-exist and actually notice a declining attitude towards respect and more challenging attitude from the younger generation at times.Coaches are paid to think for the team and the players to abide by instructions this happens everwhere. I am not expert on the Chinese or Hongkong league so i am not sure on the players tactical discpline or knowledge but i am pretty sure players in Japan or South korea are pretty vocal about tactics, probably some of the posters could give us a better idea
I'm not saying this is a bad thing but it is just my personal idea that the Chinese that I work with have an unhealthy respect for me. I am their superior but I make mistakes, I am human but they will never question my judgement. I was raised in Belgium and whenever I dissagree with my parents I let them know. Respectfully ofcourse.
I have to tell my collegues what to do and they do that without hesitation but I sometimes want them to take the initiative. That is what they lack.
As for football, I only know China and South-Korea and it struck me that when they meet problems with the opponent, they are unable to adjust during the course of the game. At half time the coach needed to reset their team. That is what I mean. I'm no football scout but I'm sure there is talent in China.

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
I'm not saying this is a bad thing but it is just my personal idea that the Chinese that I work with have an unhealthy respect for me. I am their superior but I make mistakes, I am human but they will never question my judgement. I was raised in Belgium and whenever I dissagree with my parents I let them know. Respectfully ofcourse.
I have to tell my collegues what to do and they do that without hesitation but I sometimes want them to take the initiative. That is what they lack.
As for football, I only know China and South-Korea and it struck me that when they meet problems with the opponent, they are unable to adjust during the course of the game. At half time the coach needed to reset their team. That is what I mean. I'm no football scout but I'm sure there is talent in China.
That alright just put it down to difference of culture thats all , ultimately is being open to new ideas and concepts unlike some chap(not referring to u) who seems to be bombarded to act or maybe gasp be narrow minded :)

David01

Aug 20, 2006
That alright just put it down to difference of culture thats all , ultimately is being open to new ideas and concepts unlike some chap(not referring to u) who seems to be bombarded to act or maybe gasp be narrow minded :)
Ofcourse there is a differece in culture. Sometimes this is a plus but we have to be aware of the downside if we decide to sign any asians.
As for football qualities I'm convinced the next Zidane has already been born in China. We just need to find him first.

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
Ofcourse there is a differece in culture. Sometimes this is a plus but we have to be aware of the downside if we decide to sign any asians.
As for football qualities I'm convinced the next Zidane has already been born in China. We just need to find him first.
There is a lot of potential for this huge country, if they approach football with the same vigour as other sports u might be seeing not only a new zidane but possible world champions but it will take time.On a lighter note the shaolin monks from the chinaa who are trained in gongfu would make great soccer players scoring almost every goal with a scissors or bicycle kick :D

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I don't know if this guy is any good, I only know he tested at Anderlecht some time ago and wasn't offered any deal. Anderlecht is no European powerhouse!
But on the other hand, China is rapidly becoming very interesting as a market, not only as a fan base but also to lure potential sponsors.
Let's face it there are 1billion plus Chinese, there is bound to be at least one potential superstar among them. We just have to find him first. It is not that China suck as a football nation right now that there are no good players over there.
They have a lot of catching up to do but without a doubt they will get there. We hust have to be ready to profit when they do. Therefor we need make ourselves a household name in Asia and contracting a player is the best way a football team can.
So if we just buy a Chinese player we don't have to play him all the time but if one of them is linked to us, we already have ourselves a name among the other Chinese players and fans.
And like I said there is bound to be at least one potential football star. Just look at the NBA, they introduced their first Chinese and he was an instant hit. It is not that China was known as a basketball powerhouse.
Don't generallise these stereotypes.
From watchin current Chinese NT, I cant imagine a single individual that can make Serie A. Actually they are good as a unit, and yet lack individual to break opposition. I will make reservation on their youngsters until I see them in Olympics next year, but right now, I am somewhat sceptical as to whether good technical Chinese player can be produced. It will happen sometime, but I will rather take chance with those 10 year old and grooming in Juve youth system, than taking 21-23 year old.

zann

SG Juventino!
May 30, 2004
YUP it seem like we are still a colony of Great Britain lapping up every damn shit
from the Epl don't get me wrong i do enjoy watching some of their games but come on as the tag line goes the best league in the world gimme a break:tdown:
i don't buy it anymoe.
everyday u open the papers its just manure, luckypoo & cheatski. majority being manure news.
they should just change their football column to EPL column.

i had a great time laughing at people when Milan pwned Liverpool/Man Utd and Italy won the WC. HAHAHAHA

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The only reason we would sign a Chinse, South Korean, or any Asian player is to pull a Manure and try to gain funds in the Asian market. No offense, but it's just cheap. There's nobody there that would make a difference for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)