Chelsea treminate Mutu's contract (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Well if you played for Chelsea, and was caught drinking obsessively everyday after matches, would you expect Chelsea to punish you? Being an alcoholic is the same type of problem as being a drug addict.

Many people on this forum have been addicted or have used cocaine Fli, are they really bad people? :rolleyes:
no, but #### many times said that it was a mistake, while river is just... river:D

as for mutu, i dont even think he feels guilty. i almost certain he's pissed because he was caught, but certainly not sorry for this. anyway, i dont like him as person.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

no, but #### many times said that it was a mistake, while river is just... river:D

as for mutu, i dont even think he feels guilty. i almost certain he's pissed because he was caught, but certainly not sorry for this. anyway, i dont like him as person.
What does he have to be sorry about? He didn't hurt anyone but himself. Still doesn't mean he is a bad person or any less of a football player.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

You don't need to know Zlatan, none of your business. Just trust me. ;)
    Yeah, I know about some, but it seems not all ;)

Dont really care tho.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Sure, let Roma sign him. They'd have little actual use for him, and he'd probably get bored and involve them in a scandle. :devil:

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    Chelsea Sack Mutu

Chelsea have cut their losses on shamed Romanian striker Adrian Mutu by sacking the 25-year-old for failing a drugs test.
    Mutu is facing a two-year ban from the game after testing positive for what is said to have been cocaine, although the former Parma ace has denied this, saying the substance was to enhance sexual performance.

Chelsea signed Mutu from Parma for £15.8m just over a year ago, but have elected to force the player out of the Stamford Bridge.

A statement from Chelsea said: "We want to make clear that Chelsea has a zero tolerance policy towards drugs.

"This applies to both performance-enhancing drugs or so-called ’recreational’ drugs. They have no place at our club or in sport.

"In coming to a decision on this case, Chelsea believed the club’s social responsibility to its fans, players, employees and other stakeholders in football regarding drugs was more important than the major financial considerations to the company.

"Any player who takes drugs breaches his contract with the club as well as FA rules. The club totally supports the FA in strong action on all drugs cases."

Chelsea's action has been criticised by the PFA's chief Gordon Taylor, who believes Mutu was targeted.

He said: "They have target tested the player with a view to getting rid of him as opposed to undertake a process of rehabilitation, which is possible.

"The attitude maybe zero tolerance but you would expect any employer to be interested in the moral and social welfare of its employees.

"It is not a policy we would approve of but it is one we have no surprise at.

"We consider they have a duty of care. I find it astonishing in this day and age there are valuable players - and they have spent millions on Adrian Mutu - and they are not prepared to discuss the situation with him and look to set an example and encourage rehabilitation and getting him back on track.

"Quite a number of other clubs have been prepared to engage in rehabilitation of the player."

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Maybe he can partner up with Ortiz over at Copa Libertadores winning Once Caldas. Once Caldas could use the attacking strength, and Mutu could be closer to his suppliers. :sigh:

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Anglo Angle:

Chelsea block Mutu's Italian move

The battle between Chelsea and sacked Adrian Mutu continues with claims the club will pursue any of his future employers for compensation. The £15.8m rated ex-Parma star was set for a return to Serie A once his drug ban expires, but Juventus and Fiorentina could now be put off by this tactic. “They target-tested the player with a view to getting rid of him,” slammed PFA boss Gordon Taylor. “I find it astonishing they are not prepared to encourage rehabilitation.”

how long can such a ban be?

++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    why should Mutu be more guilty than Blasi or Davids?
    Blasi and Davids took doping to be more competitive. I don't like this at all, ok.

But Mutu took coke he needs treatment, or at least some psychological help. He's a great player, and he can get over this and start training seriously. We shouldn't hang him because he took coke. It's a big mistake, that's for sure. If he quitted coke, train like hell during his ban, he can come back and be the great player he was once for Parma. But that will be after one or 2 years (at least).
    So I sincerely hope he'll get over it, and for christ's sake: play football!

Aug 1, 2003
    someone said why should people be harsher to sportsmen than to musicians who take drugs? sure when it comes to sports the stakes are higher etc but ultimately both are role models to kids

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)