Chelsea to sign Cech!!! (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Chelsea close on Cech
Petr Cech will cost Chelsea £9m

Chelsea have agreed to sign Rennes goalkeeper Petr Cech at the end of the season, according to the player's agent.

"Petr's transfer is almost done, but the two clubs still have to confirm everything in writing," Pavel Zika told the CTK agency.

Cech, a Czech international, will put pen to paper on a five-year contract with the London club, added Zika.

Czech press reports said Chelsea would pay around £9m for the 21-year-old.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/3411707.stm

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well it's about time Cech got signed by a big club. The transfer fee is anything but modest as well. He's going to be a star, this one! :cool:

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    He was very heavily linked to Inter as a replacement for Toldo in the summer.

Maybe this means Chelsea wont go for Frey, whichprobably means Arsenal will sign him.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    Yeah they have. First playing Seaman when he was way too old for top class football, and then Lehman! Come on, Lehman???

The sad thing is that while some clubs cant find a good keeper if you put a gun to the chairmans head, others, like Barcelona, are wasting them...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Bonano, Enke, Rustu and Valdes? Well they do have a way of choosing the wrong players.

One goalkeeper who has been criminally ignored through the years is Mikael Landreau.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    Rustu is now the third choice keeper at Barca. He may not be the best in the world, but I'm pretty sure he's better than Victor Valdes.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    they should've got Carini
    nah...Carini still has alot to learn

I was still in shocked when he moved to Standerd Lierge...he deserved better than Belgium league...no offense really:D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    How many bloody keepers can they have? They've already got about six senior goalkeepers, and while Cech sounds as good as any of them (bar possibly Cudicini, who's not going to be easy to displace), their goalkeeping staff are rapidly reaching critical mass (amply helped by Nigel Martin).

Any minute now, a small part of London is going to collapse into a super-dense stellar body, taking a small chunk of Abramovich's money with it.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    Rustu is now the third choice keeper at Barca. He may not be the best in the world, but I'm pretty sure he's better than Victor Valdes.
    not if U judge by how Rüstü has performed...

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    that's exactly what i was gonna say Juventino

and about Hildebrande, he's too good to be a sub at Chelsea i rate him to be in the top 5 gks in the world by 2 or 3 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)