chelsea interested in trezguet (16 Viewers)

njork10

Jun 30, 2005
I dont agree with those saying that trez has no skill.My definition of a skill for a striker is one who can score spectacular goals and trez certainly does that.Just ask toldo in euro 2000 and real madrid

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
20 strikers better then Trez...if no particular order...and not necesarrily top 20...

Francesco Totti
Adriano
van Nistelrooy
Rooney
Sheva
Crespo
Eto'O
Ronaldo
Makaay
Cassano
Zlatan
Tevez
Henry
Gilardino
Shearer
Ronaldinho
Montella
Martins
Forlan
Fernando Torres

Some debatable to keep everyone happy :)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I think the reason u arent convinced of his quality nicole is that Juve have not been playing very well attacking football. trezeguet is a target man and finishing a move is what he does best, in a team like Chelsea with flank players and midfield runs, Trez would be more effective.
I also think that his performances at Juve aren't consistanlty great, but he has the Big Game mentality and that is hard to come by.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
Forlan??? :eek::eek::eek:

I don't think that Trez is the best striker in the world. But he deserve to be the first eleven in all the big club in the world. Including Juventus.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

I've never actually rated him as a player; ask anyone who's been here a couple of years. I'm just glad some folk are coming round to my way of thinking. Trez imo is probably the best header of the ball in the game (from an attacking point of view obviously) but other than that I think he's mediocre. No real pace, zero effort, poor touch, no vision or skill whatsoever... his finishing is good but he's very overhyped in that department. If Chelsea are stupid enough to pay that money let them.
Well, i think thats maybe because youve based your views in comparison with more complete strikers around the world. Sure, Trez doesnt have Ronaldo's skill, Henry's pace, Nistelrooy's touch, but hell, he makes up for that once hes in the d. I dont think there are too many better poachers in the game, in the d than Trez. He's got a lethal finishing ability, second to none. And when you've got more complete support strikers in the squad, i think his out and out finishing ability is the perfect compliment.

PS: And above all, i dont know if you've noticed, he always gets the goals that count most, at the most crucial stages. So, he obviously is at the right place at the right time. That alone to me, is a talent in itself.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
A proffesional is evaluated by his job. The main job and objective of a striker is to make a goal.
So far he did a good job. He made a lot of important goal, even on that specific game he didnt play well. But his job is to make a goal not to make a beautifull game, ask britney spears to play soccer then.. :D

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
I just dont believe Chelsea has offered that amount of money for Trezeguet.
They probably are interested in Trez, but not for that cipher. Would you think that Moggi will hesitate to inmediatly sign an agreement with abramovic if the offer was real?????

But, as situation evolves, the market changes: Now with Cassano and Gilardino expensively out of reach, if we sell Trez to capitalize, very probably....Who will be coming ? Obvious,Christan Vieri .
Why ?? Because he is Capello`s favorite ,and also Moggi`s favorite and he is desvincolated from Inter...

And frankly, i will prefer always to have Trez than Vieri in the team.

And i dont like it.....i

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
I just dont believe Chelsea has offered that amount of money for Trezeguet....
How much money did they spent to get Drogba?
And Trez is much better than Drogba.
So, its always posible for Chelsea :D:greedy::greedy:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
I just dont believe Chelsea has offered that amount of money for Trezeguet.
They probably are interested in Trez, but not for that cipher. Would you think that Moggi will hesitate to inmediatly sign an agreement with abramovic if the offer was real?????

But, as situation evolves, the market changes: Now with Cassano and Gilardino expensively out of reach, if we sell Trez to capitalize, very probably....Who will be coming ? Obvious,Christan Vieri .
Why ?? Because he is Capello`s favorite ,and also Moggi`s favorite and he is desvincolated from Inter...

And frankly, i will prefer always to have Trez than Vieri in the team.

And i dont like it.....i
Chelsea have more than enough funds to make the transfer, how in the hell would Drogba be rated 24million pounds when he is unproven in the big leagues?

I think the situation now is that Moggi will have to ensure Gila will come using the money. Juve have many strikers right now but Trez is the only pure striker, a finisher, and without him we would need another just as capable.

The Market situation has significantly changed during these last few weeks, with Roma ban and many top rated strikers refussing to join Chelsea.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Its simply why they want Trez, they are shocked that they have been turned down by Adriano, Sheva, Eto'O, Ronaldinho, Torres and some people I cant even remember. They want a big name so the world thinks they can still attract the very best...even though as you know Trez isnt the best IMO....

- vOnAm - : What just shows another weakness in his game, that he cant adapt to a different style of football, either that all that Capello is a fool to continue playing him.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
20 strikers better then Trez...if no particular order...and not necesarrily top 20...

Francesco Totti
Adriano
van Nistelrooy
Rooney
Sheva
Crespo
Eto'O
Ronaldo
Makaay
Cassano
Zlatan
Tevez
Henry
Gilardino
Shearer
Ronaldinho
Montella
Martins
Forlan
Fernando Torres

Some debatable to keep everyone happy :)

i have to say..yor judgement of a striker is very poor.some of the ppl in yor list arent even strikers...like totti,zlatan,cassano,martins,henry.

i belive there's a diffrence between a playmaker,a centre forward,and a striker.
totti..is a playmaker..or an attacking midfilder.
players like cassano,zlatan are centre forwards,who link the attacking midfilder with the striker..and provide the striker with opporutnities.
however some players can play the role of BOTH a centre forward and a striker..like shevchenko and henry.
btw...henry isnt an all out striker..he's more of a left sided centre forward,who moves in and manages to get a lot of goals.

when u talk abt all out strikers...i belive they are there to stay in the penalty box,and poach goals,no matter how easy the goals look like.strikers specialize in the one touch game.a striker who touches the ball only 3 times in the whole match,but manages to score all 3 times is a great striker.this is wt ppl like trez do.he is crap outside the box,but inside the penalty box,he is a natural finisher,and one of the best in the world at the one touch game.
players like del piero,cassano etc arent natural finishers by any means.
players like trez,van nistelroy,makaay are NATURAL finishers.

obviously,the line dividing a striker and a centre forward is a thin one..but u can tell wether a player is a striker or a centre fwd in most situations.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I know, and its exactly why I said there were some debatable because of the kind of role some of them play.

It probably would of been best to say 20 better 'forwards' rather then strikers but thats what I mean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)