chelsea interested in trezguet (14 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
If Chelsea has indeed offered 58 mil € there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever Moggi will accept it.

IMO, Zlatan - Gila could be the hottest attacking pairing in the world, bar perhaps Ronaldinho - Eto'o.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I dont think so, I'd rather have Zlatan in the free roaming forward role than the 18 yerd box goal scorer role.

Meaning I'd rather tha Gila be the target man instead of Zlatan.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Not really. The reason is pretty simple. Zlatan's frame is ideally suited to being the go to guy. Given his awesome skills, its only and added bonus, but with Cassano playing support to him, i think they'd be better off than Gila - Ibra, which would in a way be a clash of styles. The way i see it, Ibra will only be a complete product when he learns to finish. And that can happen if he gets a player like Cassano in support.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Perhaps, but Gilardino already knows how to finish, and he already is the go to guy, and has more alround skills than most oal poachers like Trez for example. I think that Zlatan and Cassano would more of a clash of similarities than Zlatan and Gila, because Zlatan likes to drop deep for the ball, he likes to take on players from outside the box and roam around the box.

Zlatan's frame is ideally suited, but he doesnt really play like the target man, and IMO his partnarship with Trez was better than the one with Alex, simply because Alex and Zlatan would oftne do the same things and not have a central player around which to play, a a target man. Gial would fit that position perfectly.

I'd much sooner buy Gila than CAssano.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I agree with Zlatan(poster) here, I've always though of Zlatan as an ideal support striker, or perhaps a complete striker but he hasnt the mentality nor playing style to play the go to striker. He likes the ball too much at his feet, which is usually not the trait of a target man.

Im really excited hearing that Chelsea is rumored to have made a 58million euro bid, that is much more money than any of us had valued Trez.

Like I said before, it all makes sense, Gila doesnt wanna go to Chelsea which leaves Trez to be Chelsea's only option thus moggi raising the price, once we have the cash we can get Gila.

I feel a great team is in the making, its not every season a club sells its headquarters and I doubt it is because we are in a financial crisis.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
oh ya btw......

Trezeguet to Chelsea Gilardino to Juventus
By European Football - July 2 2005

Reports in Italy suggest this evening that Juventus have accepted in principal a 58 million euro offer for French International striker David Trezeguet.

If these reports turn out to be correct it means Chelsea’s second bid for the striker has proved successful, and he will join them at Stamford Bridge for the coming season.

Juventus for their part are expected to use the windfall to finance the arrival of Alberto Gilardino from Parma, himself a Chelsea target.

Although Gilardino has stated he is unwilling to Leave Italy, and would most likely prefer a move to Milan, he could be persuaded to join the Italian champions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Perhaps, but Gilardino already knows how to finish, and he already is the go to guy, and has more alround skills than most oal poachers like Trez for example. I think that Zlatan and Cassano would more of a clash of similarities than Zlatan and Gila, because Zlatan likes to drop deep for the ball, he likes to take on players from outside the box and roam around the box.

Zlatan's frame is ideally suited, but he doesnt really play like the target man, and IMO his partnarship with Trez was better than the one with Alex, simply because Alex and Zlatan would oftne do the same things and not have a central player around which to play, a a target man. Gial would fit that position perfectly.

I'd much sooner buy Gila than CAssano.
spot on post z....gila would also add more pace than trez.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
Chelsea 'offer ?37m' for Trez
Sunday 3 July, 2005

Hernan Crespo could yet stay at Milan if Chelsea's new ?37m bid for David Trezeguet is accepted by Juve.

Bianconeri director general Luciano Moggi has confirmed that an initial offer for Trezeguet was rejected earlier this month, but the latest reports from Italy suggest that negotiations are continuing.

Newspaper 'Corriere dello Sport-Stadio' claims this morning that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has lodged another improved bid of ?37m to prise away the Euro 2000 winner.

Although Fabio Capello and Moggi have stated that Trezeguet is not for sale, it's unlikely they would turn down the opportunity to bring in such an impressive cash sum. The Frenchman has struggled this season with a succession of injuries and had been in talks with Barcelona, but now seems set for the Premiership.

This deal would have a knock-on effect for several Serie A clubs, as Juventus would have the money to buy Antonio Cassano from Roma in a cash-only ?17m deal. The Giallorossi can only sell players in this manner until next summer due to FIFA's transfer embargo.

Chelsea need a new forward and their inability to sign a striker was pulling Hernan Crespo back to Stamford Bridge against his wishes. The loan period at Milan has expired and talks to extend his stay have hit a stalemate despite his offer to take a pay-cut.

"Chelsea are trying to convince me to go back but what I really want to do is stay in Italy," he told 'The People' newspaper. "I'm having the worst summer of my life because I don't know at what club I will be at in two weeks time. Since losing the Champions League final the only good thing that has happened has been my wedding."

The former Parma, Lazio and Inter star signed for Chelsea in 2003 for ?16.8m, but found it difficult to settle in and only rediscovered his form at the San Siro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)