Charlie Hebdo massacre - 2015-Jan-07 (1 Viewer)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
icemaη;4827999 said:
Ben Shapiro couldn't even get a decent name for his website. Truth Revolt? The fuck does that even mean?
Also, this unrelated headline is classy as fuck. Kayla Mueller: Israel Hater.
It should be called Truth* Revolt.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Thank you for the mention. I think he is looking for attention more and more. Whenever people forget about this case, he comes and makes it as if he did miracles when he published those cartoons. I know it is his right in Denmark to publish those cartoons, but he should expect that people all over the world won't appreciate seeing their beloved symbol being made as a terrorism symbol anywhere. I do not agree with those who made those attacks against cartoonists. I think they should have just ignored them and tried to make awareness all over the world about how great the Prophet is.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Thank you for the mention. I think he is looking for attention more and more. Whenever people forget about this case, he comes and makes it as if he did miracles when he published those cartoons. I know it is his right in Denmark to publish those cartoons, but he should expect that people all over the world won't appreciate seeing their beloved symbol being made as a terrorism symbol anywhere. I do not agree with those who made those attacks against cartoonists. I think they should have just ignored them and tried to make awareness all over the world about how great the Prophet is.
The problem here is that significant people in the Middle East added fuel to the fire, they did not care about the cartoonn. They never saw them untill a Danish journalist (I think he was a journalist), showed them the pictures. They didn't care at all and wasn't offended, cause is was only about politics to them.

OP
Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,548
    A question of attention :lol:

The man is an intellectual who have stayed out of the spotlight for years. This interview is about reflection over the last 10 years.
    @ReBeL Did you intentionally ignore what Swag quoted in the article? Do you think I should submit to your faith?

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    The problem here is that significant people in the Middle East adding fuel to the fire, they did not care about the cartoonn. They never saw them untill a Danish journalist (I think he was a journalist), showed them the pictures. They didn't care at all and wasn't offended, cause is was only about politics to them.
    Maybe that was the spark that started the violence, but again I never called for violence because of cartoons. Now, it is not about a cartoon. The whole Middle East is a mess. Anything can happen anywhere anytime, and some people will make these cartoons as excuses for any operations anywhere. Personally, I think this cartoon thing should be dealt with as if it was not there initially. We have really more concerns than a cartoon in a random journal in Denmark.

A question of attention :lol:

The man is an intellectual who have stayed out of the spotlight for years. This interview is about reflection over the last 10 years.
    @ReBeL Did you intentionally ignore what Swag quoted in the article? Do you think I should submit to your faith?
    Maddy, I don't want anybody to submit to my faith. My point is that this story was discussed thousands of times and was given too much coverage. We can not discuss cartoons for ever. Don't you have more interesting issues that we can debate on? :D

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,553
    The other narrative insists that religious satire and the right to ridicule and mock religion and other ideas is an inseparable part of life in a democracy, that in a democracy nobody has a right to impose its taboos on society at large. And when that happens, it's important to confront it and have a debate because it violates the secular order, the separation of state and church. As a consequence, the Muhammad cartoons are not just about satire; they're about one of the fundamental pillars of a democracy.
    :heart:

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
    Maybe that was the spark that started the violence, but again I never called for violence because of cartoons. Now, it is not about a cartoon. The whole Middle East is a mess. Anything can happen anywhere anytime, and some people will make these cartoons as excuses for any operations anywhere. Personally, I think this cartoon thing should be dealt with as if it was not there initially. We have really more concerns than a cartoon in a random journal in Denmark.
    Agree, but it's too late. Too much hate from both sides.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)