Charlie Hebdo massacre - 2015-Jan-07 (9 Viewers)

OP
Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,202
    Apart from attacks on abortion clinics I didn't find any examples of Christian terrorism there.
    Anders Behring Breivik is a pretty good example. But I don't understand why you need more examples? Aren't one Christian Terrorist attack enough?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    I clearly need more details. The "I am Charlie Coulibaly" thing and what happened after doesn't make sense to me.
    He is charlie because he's being attacked for what he says, he is koulibali because he feels he's treated like he is a terrorist

- - - Updated - - -

it's a rather large stretch from the attacks being with an Islam motivation and people claiming that the teachings of the Bible can cause the same problems if interpreted radically.
    Please try to wrap it soon, or take it to pm, this should be about the event and what relates to it

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    Anders Bering Breivik is a pretty good example. But I don't understand why need more examples? Aren't one Christian Terrorist attack enough?
    attack on an abortion clinic is not exactly a holy war, even if the attackers would love to think so. Regarding Breivik and him being a Christian I'll quote his manifesto: "I'm not going to pretend I'm a very religious person, as that would be a lie. I've always been very pragmatic and influenced by my secular surroundings and environment. It is enough that you are a Christian-agnostic or a Christian-atheist (an atheist who wants to preserve at least the basics of the European Christian cultural legacy...). Myself and many more like me do not necessarily have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God."

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    He is charlie because he's being attacked for what he says, he is koulibali because he feels he's treated like he is a terrorist
    I got that much. What I didn't get is why expressing that would suddenly have the French police up his butt.

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,207
    attack on an abortion clinic is not exactly a holy war, even if the attackers would love to think so. Regarding Breivik and him being a Christian I'll quote his manifesto: "I'm not going to pretend I'm a very religious person, as that would be a lie. I've always been very pragmatic and influenced by my secular surroundings and environment. It is enough that you are a Christian-agnostic or a Christian-atheist (an atheist who wants to preserve at least the basics of the European Christian cultural legacy...). Myself and many more like me do not necessarily have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God."
    Yeah, and his manifest is full of contradiction. But he has identified himself as a Christian multiple times and he grew up Christian.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/26/anders-breivik-christian-terrorist_n_910379.html

Oh and why are you talking about Holy War with me?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Don't flatter yourself, you don't really believe that your backward country can be mentioned in the same breath as other western european countries such as Scandinavian countries, the Benelux countries, Germany, Switzerland and the UK, do you?
    I let it slide this time. But next time I expect Lithuania to be mentioned too.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    Because their feelings got hurt :howler: the irony
    Don't mock it like that because next time you decide to sympathize with Muslims' hurt feelings, you will look hypocritical.

Considering Dieudonne's record and the sensitivity of the case, I approve of what France did. They must have done the same thing to Charlie Hebdo when they made those cartoons.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    I justify Dieudonné's arrest! But they should arrest right wing Nazi freaks too and anyone who supports terror and violence, and specially those idiots who are beating Muslims for no reason..

Arresting Charlie Hebdo's cartoonists? For making fun of imaginary gods and it's prophets who bring nothing but violence to this world??

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    it's a rather large stretch from the attacks being with an Islam motivation and people claiming that the teachings of the Bible can cause the same problems if interpreted radically.
    It's not, if the CRUSADES happened. I am sorry, but clearly you have reached levels of delusion previously completely unknown to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I got that much. What I didn't get is why expressing that would suddenly have the French police up his butt.
    As far as I know the French now have a law that makes swift justice possible when it is related to in very broad terms sympathizing with terrorists.

Don't mock it like that because next time you decide to sympathize with Muslims' hurt feelings, you will look hypocritical.

Considering Dieudonne's record and the sensitivity of the case, I approve of what France did. They must have done the same thing to Charlie Hebdo when they made those cartoons.
    It's a matter of where you draw the line but personally I would have arrested neither.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    I justify Dieudonné's arrest! But they should arrest right wing Nazi freaks too and anyone who supports terror and violence, and specially those idiots who are beating Muslims for no reason..

Arresting Charlie Hebdo's cartoonists? For making fun of imaginary gods and it's prophets who bring nothing but violence to this world??
    Ban those cartoons, yes. NOTHING valuable comes out of such horrible practices of freedom of speech.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    It's not, if the CRUSADES happened. I am sorry, but clearly you have reached levels of delusion previously completely unknown to me.
    Crusades where not about bible teachings, if it was, could you please point out a commandment from God or at least something close from the actual book?

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,219
    Ban those cartoons, yes. NOTHING valuable comes out of such horrible practices of freedom of speech.
    What a load of bullshit. Satire is a long tradition in European countries where you mock as form of critique of power. It happens every single fucking day to everyone in power.

My political belief is daily ridiculed. Should that be illegal because it might hurt me and my feelings? Hell no.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005

Are you familiar really with dieudo?? :p I'll reply in full when I get home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)