Charlie Hebdo massacre - 2015-Jan-07 (7 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So I see that apparently this thread is a magical place... It somehow turns into a place where you all take an incorrigible halfwit clown you usually ignore or laugh at quite seriously and attempt to reason with.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 9, 2006
:sergio:

Clearly, you have no idea what the word xenophobia means...
it's a fear of something, and yes i feel treat from the religion radicals, why? because we had hundreds of ter-acts in russia in the past 20 years and i don't want to die because of this bastards wish, BUT i don't fear muslims, christians and any other believers, my goal is to fulfill their empty heads, to help them to get rid of the shackles and even if it will be only 1 person who will quit the religion because of me in my whole life i will die happy

- - - Updated - - -

So I see that apparently this thread is a magical place... It somehow turns into a place where you all take an incorrigible halfwit clown you usually ignore or laugh at quite seriously and attempt to reason with.
ohhhh you insult me so badly ohhhhhh please more insults pleaaaaase

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Juventino[RUS];4786347 said:
it's a fear of something, and yes i feel treat from the religion radicals, why? because we had hundreds of ter-acts in russia in the past 20 years and i don't want to die because of this bastards wish, BUT i don't fear muslims, christians and any other believers, my goal is to fulfill their empty heads, to help them to get rid of the shackles and even if it will be only 1 person who will quit the religion because of me in my whole life i will die happy
You said that I was turning Muslims into a race by using the word xenophobia, you clown. Clearly, xenophobia in this case is your fear of a foreign culture, which is exactly what cultural xenophobia is.

The vast majority of people in every religion are peaceful, harmless types. You act as though a very tiny minority of extremists speaks for an entire religion. I'm not religious. I think most of religion is ridiculous, but frankly I could care less if another person decides to have religious beliefs. And certain aspects of almost every religion on this planet are beautiful.

You're intolerant. It's absurd you think you're tolerant, while suggesting that all religious people have empty heads.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why I wandered into this thread. First time here. :lol:

News and politics on an internet forum is never a good idea.

Mar 9, 2006
You said that I was turning Muslims into a race by using the word xenophobia, you clown. Clearly, xenophobia in this case is your fear of a foreign culture, which is exactly what cultural xenophobia is.

The vast majority of people in every religion are peaceful, harmless types. You act as though a very tiny minority of extremists speaks for an entire religion. I'm not religious. I think most of religion is ridiculous, but frankly I could care less if another person decides to have religious beliefs. And certain aspects of almost every religion on this planet are beautiful.

You're intolerant. It's absurd you think you're tolerant, while suggesting that all religious people have empty heads.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why I wandered into this thread. First time here. :lol:

News and politics on an internet forum is never a good idea.
foreign culture :lol: ye it's not like i have muslim friends and i know many muslims who doesn't follow all this crap from the killing of infidels etc. and living a normal life without praying, they were just born this way, no one asked their opinion on religion because this is what ur parents are doing to you

how can you be tolerant to this:
"But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)"
Quran (66:9) - "O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be stern with them. Hell will be their home, a hapless journey's end."

you want me to be tolerate to murders? it will never happen, and you ask me to tolerate calls for the murders just because some of believers doesn't follow it, while im just asking them remove all this crap from their books and im xenophobe because of it :lol: seems legit

- - - Updated - - -

For about 1500-2000 of years my fellow atheists are being under the fire - they kill us, burn our houses, outlaw us, bann us, humilate us, arrest us for blasphemy, dehumanize us with public beatings, torture us, imprison us, hung us, burn us alive, and now they don't want me to criticize them? oh, poor believers, i hurt their feelings with my logical and rational thinking, let me sorry for this :lol: and who cares about my feelings whenever i see a killed atheist or freethinker? who ever said sorry to me for this? okay, im nobody, who said sorry to Dawkins, DeGrasse and so on? which nation? what about Atheophobia? never heard about it? Have you ever thought about freethinkers and how it's hard for us to live in our countries where we are not able to speak loud about our views on religion? ofc not, you can only fucking blame me because i want the world peace, because i don't want to see how people kill each other because of someones fairytales, because of cartoons, because of anything that doesn't make any sense, yet you blame me for atheistic fantasim...i don't respect religion, because people of religion don't respect us either but since we are minority no one is giving a single damn about us, it's okay, don't respect me, but don't ask the same from us, don't even try because i don't respect ignorance, brainwashing, cultes, sexism, hatred and tyranny. In the end of a day all of religions are responsible for Charlie Hebdo, until dogmatic canons will not be replaced with reason the world will be unsafe, this is my point, always been and always will be.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Juventino[RUS];4786398 said:
For about 1500-2000 of years my fellow atheists are being under the fire - they kill us, burn our houses, outlaw us, bann us, humilate us, arrest us for blasphemy, dehumanize us with public beatings, torture us, imprison us, hung us, burn us alive, and now they don't want me to criticize them? oh, poor believers, i hurt their feelings with my logical and rational thinking, let me sorry for this :lol: and who cares about my feelings whenever i see a killed atheist or freethinker? who ever said sorry to me for this? okay, im nobody, who said sorry to Dawkins, DeGrasse and so on? which nation? what about Atheophobia? never heard about it? Have you ever thought about freethinkers and how it's hard for us to live in our countries where we are not able to speak loud about our views on religion? ofc not, you can only $#@!ing blame me because i want the world peace, because i don't want to see how people kill each other because of someones fairytales, because of cartoons, because of anything that doesn't make any sense, yet you blame me for atheistic fantasim...i don't respect religion, because people of religion don't respect us either but since we are minority no one is giving a single damn about us, it's okay, don't respect me, but don't ask the same from us, don't even try because i don't respect ignorance, brainwashing, cultes, sexism, hatred and tyranny. In the end of a day all of religions are responsible for Charlie Hebdo, until dogmatic canons will not be replaced with reason the world will be unsafe, this is my point, always been and always will be.
Again, the point is, it's absurd to blame an entire religion for the actions of a tiny minority. There are atheists that have done some pretty horrific things too, Rus. This Charlie Hebdo massacre can be laid at the feet of those promoting a radicalized view of religion.

Even Buddhism, which in its original form, and teachings (ie. the Pali Canon) is more of a philosophy than a religion, can be interpreted in a rather extremist fashion, which led to militant monks at different points in history. All religions can be interpreted differently.

Atheists have committed some pretty horrific acts themselves. Dr. Eric R. Pianka in 2006 at the Texas Academy of Sciences gave a speech advocating a mass culling of 90% of the human population with an airborne ebola virus. Should we label all scientists evil and advocates of killing off 6.3 billion people, just because of this one man's words? Because, what you're doing here, is taking isolated incidents of religious extremism, and suggesting that all religion is evil because of this.

I could give a list of atheistic murderers, mass murderers, serial killers, genocide perpetrators, etc. People can be horrible, regardless of theism/atheism. An end to religion on this planet would not change anything at all in that regard. Charlie Hebdo type massacres would continue to happen for various other reasons.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
My favourite part was RUS playing the "Atheist victim card" as if he wen't through any real hardship due to him being an atheist.

Hell, I'm an atheist, its probably easier.

OP
Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #811
    Great read here

To say that France has an integration problem, and that it’s in urgent need of repair, isn’t to let the killers – or, pace Packer, their ideology – off the hook. It is to take the full measure of the moral and political challenge at hand, rather than to indulge in self-congratulatory exercises in 'moral clarity’. If France continues to treat French men of North African origin as if they were a threat to 'our’ civilisation, more of them are likely to declare themselves a threat, and follow the example of the Kouachi brothers. This would be a gift both to Marine Le Pen and the jihadists, who operate from the same premise: that there is an apocalyptic war between Europe and Islam. We are far from that war, but the events of 7 January have brought us a little closer.
    http://www.lrb.co.uk/blog/2015/01/09/adam-shatz/moral-clarity/

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    I am sure you could find similar quotes in the bible.
    no you couldn't

- - - Updated - - -

It's so fucking ironic that rebel wants us to respect his values while he refuses to respect ours.

Freedom of Speech is a keystone in any democracy. It's there to ensure as much freedom as possible.

Do people get hurt? Yes. But not one group was singled out by Charlie Hebdo. They ridiculed everyone. Satirical comedy per se.
    Would it be fine if a cartoon was made about the recent killings? Would you advocate freedom of speech if a family member of one of the victims got the author of these hypothetical paintings in the hospital?

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #814
    Would it be fine if a cartoon was made about the recent killings? Would you advocate freedom of speech if a family member of one of the victims got the author of these hypothetical paintings in the hospital?
    Freedom of Speech has nothing to do with taste, but yes Freedom of Speech gives leeway for such a publication.

And yes I will advocate for Freedom of Speech 'til the day I die.

It's actually quite simple: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Meiklejohn

Meiklejohn is one of the most notable proponents of the link between freedom of speech and democracy. He argues that the concept of democracy is that of self-government by the people. For such a system to work an informed electorate is necessary. To be appropriately knowledgeable, there must be no constraints on the free flow of information and ideas. According to Meiklejohn, democracy will not be true to its essential ideal if those in power are able to manipulate the electorate by withholding information and stifling criticism. Meiklejohn acknowledges that the desire to manipulate opinion can stem from the motive of seeking to benefit society. However, he argues, choosing manipulation negates, in its means, the democratic ideal.[2] Eric Barendt has called the defence of free speech on the grounds of democracy "probably the most attractive and certainly the most fashionable free speech theory in modern Western democracies".

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    Personally I wouldn't be happy if my favorite news pages would show these paintings and I'd consider not reading these websites anymore. I wouldn't advocate a formal punishment for satire, but I'd salute anyone who'd kick the author in the balls.

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #816
    Personally I wouldn't be happy if my favorite news pages would show these paintings and I'd consider not reading these websites anymore. I wouldn't advocate a formal punishment for satire, but I'd salute anyone who'd kick the author in the balls.
    That's the brilliant thing. You are not forced to read/watch anything.

How you salute violence is just pathetic.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
    http://www.worldbulletin.net/world/152585/charlie-hebdo-fired-cartoonist-for-anti-semitism-in-2009

Charlie Hebdo fired cartoonist for anti-Semitism in 2009

As mocking young Mr Sarkozy converted to Judaism for money, Sine was accused of being Anti-Semitic and faced many preassures leading him to be fired from the weekly magazine
    World Bulletin/News Desk
    Maurice Sinet, 86, who works under the pen name Sine in the satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo, faced charges of "inciting racial hatred" for a column he wrote in 2009. The piece sparked a slanging match among the Parisian intelligentsia and ended in his dismissal from the magazine.
    "L'affaire Sine" followed the engagement of Mr Sarkozy, 22, to Jessica Sebaoun-Darty, the Jewish heiress of an electronic goods chain. Commenting on an unfounded rumour that the president's son planned to convert to Judaism, Sine quipped: "He'll go a long way in life, that little lad."
    A high-profile political commentator slammed the column as linking prejudice about Jews and social success. Charlie Hebdo's editor, Philippe Val, asked Sinet to apologise but he refused in a very strictly manner.
    Mr Val's decision to fire Sine was backed by a group of eminent intellectuals, including the philosopher Bernard-Henry Lévy, but parts of the libertarian Left defended him, citing the right to free speech.
    As mocking young Mr Sarkozy converted to Judaism for money, Sine was accused of being Anti-Semitic and faced many preassures leading him to be fired from the weekly magazine. The same magazine published cartoons even insulting the Islam Prophet Muhammad and Muslims yet explained them as “freedom of speech.”
    Charlie Hebdo published cartoons about Prophet Jesus and Chiristianity, too, causing the magazine being sued 12 times by Catholic Chuch.

So everyone who says "freedom of speech" can just go fuck themselves. Hypocrites.
    If someone made caricatures about Jews and holocaust they would be taken care of right away! But when you're insult everyone else it's alright.

In this edition they mocked Egyptians who were killed during demonstrations. "The Quran is some shit. It doesn't stop bullets."

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #819
    So everyone who says "freedom of speech" can just go fuck themselves. Hypocrites.
    If someone made caricatures about Jews and holocaust they would be taken care of right away! But when you're insult everyone else it's alright.

In this edition they mocked Egyptians who were killed during demonstrations. "The Quran is some shit. It doesn't stop bullets."
    "How to not start a conversation".

Had you instead opened a discussion about why Holocaust-denial is illegal in France and that's very hypocritical then we could have discussed that.

Holocaust-denial should obviously be allowed in a country claiming Freedom of Speech.

Your hatred towards Freedom of Speech is ironic for soemone living in Norway (?).

- - - Updated - - -

At times a bad joke about a recent tragic loss is more violent than a kick in the balls don't you think?
    It might be. But it doesn't matter in a democratic context.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
    "How to not start a conversation".

Had you instead opened a discussion about why Holocaust-denial is illegal in France and that's very hypocritical then we could have discussed that.

Holocaust-denial should obviously be allowed in a country claiming Freedom of Speech.

Your hatred towards Freedom of Speech is ironic for soemone living in Norway (?).
    There wasn't a single implication on holocaust denial nor hatred howards freedom of speech in my post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)