Charlie Hebdo massacre - 2015-Jan-07 (2 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I read a bit of the thread and all i have to say is that reading news like this or the 2000peoples killed by boko haram just get me so angry....

but i woudn't know how to solve the problem. in a kiddy way i'd shout "let's ban Islam" no good ever came from that religion anyway.
As much as i hate religion, all religions equally if i must say, and it'd bring me nothing but joy to see those fairy tales vanish from the face of the earth forever, banning Islam would just create a reason for more people to become terrorists. You tell a radical man of faith he has no right to pray for his god and they'll convince more people to join their cause.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
As much as i hate religion, all religions equally if i must say, and it'd bring me nothing but joy to see those fairy tales vanish from the face of the earth forever, banning Islam would just create a reason for more people to become terrorists. You tell a radical man of faith he has no right to pray for his god and they'll convince more people to join their cause.
Ban religion & there will be a new channel.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Mind quoting where I've said that? Otherwise stop lying.

And yes, your wish for banning political islam (how do you do that anyway) and properly other ideologies is borderline fascism.

Perhaps, you should read a book on fascism and democracy.
Again, political islam isn't possible within a democracy. How many times..

In a democracy you need religious freedom. That isn't compatible with the whole notion of political Islam. Is it really that difficult to get this in your head?

The seperation of Church and State is one of the foundations of a well functioning democracy. How can you not know this?

OP
Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #770
    Again, political islam isn't possible within a democracy. How many times..
    So you couldn't find the quote?

There's a difference between democracy and political islam co-existing and then banning political islam. I've never argued that some interpretations of Islam do not want to destroy the democracy. What I said is banning an ideology because it doesn't fit your world view is [borderline] fascism.

It's funny how you claim I put words in you mouth, yet you deliberately misinterpret what I write.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    So you couldn't find the quote?

There's a difference between democracy and political islam co-existing and then banning political islam. I've never argued that some interpretations of Islam do not want to destroy the democracy. What I said is banning an ideology because it doesn't fit your world view is [borderline] fascism.

It's funny how you claim I put words in you mouth, yet you deliberately misinterpret what I write.
    No, I don't. Banning ideologies isn't fascism. We ban lots of ideologies. Every day. Because they are not compatible with democracy. We don't allow ideologies in which it is necessary to slaughter Jews for that reason. Because it doesn't fit with democracy.

That is not fascism at all.

- - - Updated - - -

ISIS for instance can be an ideology and it should be banned. Democracy isn't some barren free for all valuefree wasteland.

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #772
    No, I don't. Banning ideologies isn't fascism. We ban lots of ideologies. Every day. Because they are not compatible with democracy. We don't allow ideologies in which it is necessary to slaughter Jews for that reason. Because it doesn't fit with democracy.

That is not fascism at all.

- - - Updated - - -

ISIS for instance can be an ideology and it should be banned. Democracy isn't some barren free for all valuefree wasteland.
    Who are we?

In my democracy there's no ideologies there's banned. We've got a Nazist Party in Denmark. Our Democracy is among the most respected in the World.

What you clearly fail to understand is that banning an ideology because it wants to overthrow the democracy is an attack on Freedom of Speech and the Democracy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Who are we?

In my democracy there's no ideologies there's banned. We've got a Nazist Party in Denmark. Our Democracy is among the most respected in the World.

What you clearly fail to understand is that banning an ideology because it wants to overthrow the democracy is an attack on Freedom of Speech and the Democracy.

Yes, and Denmark is also widely known as one of the most racist countries in Europe, so what is your point exactly?

Democracy itself means you have values. SEVERAL values. Which need to co-exist. There are limits to freedom of speech you know. It is not the end all be all value. The right to a fair trail, the right to life are just as important.

It is obvious that you do not have a legal background are not aware of how the ECHR for example functions, but surely you understand that democracy does not mean that everything goes?

You seriously need to reconsider what democracy means for you. Again, read an article or two about it, because you are grossly misinformed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)