Charlie Hebdo massacre - 2015-Jan-07 (2 Viewers)

OP
Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #344
    OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #346
    Juventino[RUS];4783469 said:
    ye, it's not like /normal/ muslims doesn't know about the radicals who lives near them, but they never snitch on them, too scared
    The world isn't black and white. It's full of nuances.

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #348
    Juventino[RUS];4783482 said:
    who says something different
    You are doing so constantly.

Let me hear you of out Rus. Why aren't you willing to participate in a conversation rather than a fight of who's right?

Have you ever tried to sit down and have a friendly chat with people you disagree with the intent to understand from where your opposite is coming from?

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
    You are doing so constantly.

Let me hear you of out Rus. Why aren't you willing to participate in a conversation rather than a fight of who's right?

Have you ever tried to sit down and have a friendly chat with people you disagree with the intent to understand from where your opposite is coming from?

Participate in coversation? Which one? Oh, let me guess, the conference of the peaceful muslims?

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    Juventino[RUS];4783469 said:
    ye, it's not like /normal/ muslims doesn't know about the radicals who lives near them, but they never snitch on them, too scared
    what?

just last week, a father reported his son to police because he found he was talking to radical groups on the internet.

so much for your theory

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #351
    Juventino[RUS];4783504 said:
    Participate in coversation? Which one? Oh, let me guess, the conference of the peaceful muslims?
    It's not a particular conversation. I was generalising. Asking you if you've ever tried to understand another human being?

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/08/saudi-arabia-blogger-raif-badawi-public-flogging
    And this have nothin in common with religion too

- - - Updated - - -

what?

just last week, a father reported his son to police because he found he was talking to radical groups on the internet.

so much for your theory
    ye, someones father reported on someones son, thats how typical internet legends are being born

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a particular conversation. I was generalising. Asking you if you've ever tried to understand another human being?
    Depend on the circumstances - how can i understand a serial killer? a rapist? a radical terrorist? a pedophille? no, i can't understand them

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30735673
    how can i understand this? i can't

OP
    Maddy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #353
    Juventino[RUS];4783513 said:
    Depend on the circumstances - how can i understand a serial killer? a rapist? a radical terrorist? a pedophille? no, i can't understand them
    It's called empathy. Look it up. It's very different from sympathy, which is what I think you are referring to.

You can understand a rapist without accepting his motives and without having sympathy for his actions.

Empathy is to put yourself in once shoes and understand them from where they are coming/standing.

The two parisian murders grew up without their parents (both died young) in a shithole of a suburb and with crime around them and a bleak future. They were clearly lost and looking for identity and the feeling of 'belonging' (look it up it's an interesting psychology theory) somewhere which led them to radical Islam. They could have been gangsters, hooligans or free masons as well.

See now I've tried to understand the attackers without showing sympathy for their actions since I find them horrible, but from my understanding of them I might find a reason and therefore [maybe] a solution to prevent soem from turning to the extreme version of Islam.

One you scream out loud: ISLAM ISLAM ISLAM is the reason. You are doing nothing but yelling.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30735673
    how can i understand this? i can't
    If we don't try to comprehend what makes people do such things, or believe in what they are believing, no matter how horrible, we will never ever succeed in combating these issues.

Trying to understand why someone does something, is very different from sympathising with them.

- - - Updated - - -

It's called empathy. Look it up. It's very different from sympathy, which is what I think you are referring to.

You can understand a rapist without accepting his motives and without having sympathy for his actions.

Empathy is to put yourself in once shoes and understand from where they are coming.

The two parisian murders grew up without their parents (both died young) in a shithole of a suburb and with crime around them and a bleak future. They were clearly lost and looking for identity and the feeling of 'belonging' (look it up it's an interesting psychology theory) somewhere which led them to radical Islam. They could have been gangster, hooligans or free masons as well.

See now I've tried to understand the attackers without showing sympathy for their actions since I find them horrible, but from my understanding of them I might find a reason and therefore a solution to prevent soem from turning the extreme version of Islam.

One you scream out loud: ISLAM ISLAM ISLAM is the reason. You are doing nothing but yelling.
    :tup:

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

Empathy is to put yourself in once shoes and understand them from where they are coming/standing.

The two parisian murders grew up without their parents (both died young) in a shithole of a suburb and with crime around them and a bleak future. They were clearly lost and looking for identity and the feeling of 'belonging' (look it up it's an interesting psychology theory) somewhere which led them to radical Islam. They could have been gangsters, hooligans or free masons as well.

See now I've tried to understand the attackers without showing sympathy for their actions since I find them horrible, but from my understanding of them I might find a reason and therefore [maybe] a solution to prevent soem from turning to the extreme version of Islam.

That doesn't mean you understand them, though. You only understand the motives.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
    If we don't try to comprehend what makes people do such things, or believe in what they are believing, no matter how horrible, we will never ever succeed in combating these issues.

Trying to understand why someone does something, is very different from sympathising with them.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:
    That's why humanity invented psychology and psychiatry, but im not a doctor, to rape somebody is bad, to kill somebody is bad until it's not necessary( self defence etc.) i don't need to know your motives because you are either psycho or fucking retarded human being

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    That doesn't mean you understand them, though. You only understand the motives.
    I was wondering while I was writing my post, is there a word for this sort of thing in English? In German, it's basically "nachvollziehen", but I don't know if it exists in english. Closest is probably comprehend.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    ye, someones father reported on someones son, thats how typical internet legends are being born

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
    t
    of course its all a myth. the problem here is that you have already made up your mind. instead of asking me for a link, you called me a liar. yoou know who else does that? radicals that you hate so much

http://globalnews.ca/news/1758867/father-who-rescued-son-from-syria-says-hes-helping-other-families/

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/26/airline.attack/

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    Juventino[RUS];4783554 said:
    That's why humanity invented psychology and psychiatry, but im not a doctor, to rape somebody is bad, to kill somebody is bad until it's not necessary( self defence etc.) i don't need to know your motives because you are either psycho or fucking retarded human being
    But only if we know the motives, the reasons, the causes for why people commit such atrocities we can try to change these causes, and only then will we be able to effectively combat what is happening.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006

Empathy? Not, it's called critical thinking vs. religion
    Bible
    Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
    You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)
    If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives. (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
    A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)
    If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

Quran
    Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."
    Bukhari (52:256) - The Prophet... was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them (i.e. pagans)."
    Bukhari (52:220) - Allah's Apostle said... 'I have been made victorious with terror'
    Abu Dawud (14:2526) - The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Three things are the roots of faith: to refrain from (killing) a person who utters, "There is no god but Allah" and not to declare him unbeliever whatever sin he commits, and not to excommunicate him from Islam for his any action; and jihad will be performed continuously since the day Allah sent me as a prophet until the day the last member of my community will fight with the Dajjal (Antichrist)

HOW CAN SOMEONE BE IN SYMPATHY with this shit? HOW?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)