Chapel hill murders (14 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
"Once again, Obama is sending the message that racially or religiously motivated violence by white men, against Muslims or people of color, is not his concern and is not a public concern."

Did he not speak about the deaths of all those black kids? Why does every murder require a Presidential speech?
Because he is an absolute idiot.

If it were 3 black kids shot then Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Eric Holder would already be down there being covered by every major news outlet.

With tensions in the Middle East and his foreign policy in flames the last thing he wants is this turning into a Michael Brown scenario all over again but centered around religion and not race.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

If it were 3 black kids shot then Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Eric Holder would already be down there being covered by every major news outlet.

With tensions in the Middle East and his foreign policy in flames the last thing he wants is this turning into a Michael Brown scenario all over again but centered around religion and not race.
I meant why SHOULD the President be expected to speak about homicides that occur in the country?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I meant why SHOULD the President be expected to speak about homicides that occur in the country?
He shouldn't have to. The problem is they speak before all the facts are present.

- - - Updated - - -

question, why is police discussing motive? isnt that the prosecution/def atty's job?
Good point. Goes with what I mentioned above. People speak as something factual before the facts are out and the jury decides.

I bet if the court decides it WASN'T hate related some here will call it a farce.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
He shouldn't have to. The problem is they speak before all the facts are present.

- - - Updated - - -

Good point. Goes with what I mentioned above. People speak as something factual before the facts are out and the jury decides.

I bet if the court decides it WASN'T hate related some here will call it a farce.
Oh forget "some here," watch everyone else. People are already angry.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Nice try @swag but we all know western liberal media is nothing but lies and indoctrination.

- - - Updated - - -

question, why is police discussing motive? isnt that the prosecution/def atty's job?
The police are allowed to presume during an investigation. It's part of their job.

- - - Updated - - -

Mike Brown scenario? Crazy dude, being crazy. End of story.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Tbh, although it is getting a lot of media coverage, the media coverage is about the lack of media coverage of the actual murders... lol. And there doesn't seem to be the outrage you would expect if it was the other way around.

So I'm not saying that the guy killed them because they were Muslim, but I tend to think it would be painted as religiously motivated if the roles were reversed.

Mar 9, 2006
Tbh, although it is getting a lot of media coverage, the media coverage is about the lack of media coverage of the actual murders... lol. And there doesn't seem to be the outrage you would expect if it was the other way around.

So I'm not saying that the guy killed them because they were Muslim, but I tend to think it would be painted as religiously motivated if the roles were reversed.
He didn't

Oh and about "NOT ENOUGH COVERAGE" it's a lie

- - - Updated - - -

Attachments

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
For all those who are saying "Why should Obama make a statement?

Well, give me a break. If these three were Jews, he would be having tears for three continuous hours on TV. Read how he cared about an immaterial random basketball player who passed away before three days, and guess where? In Chapel Hill:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2015/02/08/statement-president-passing-dean-smith

And take in consideration this player has died without anybody pushing him toward death.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
For all those who are saying "Why should Obama make a statement?

Well, give me a break. If these three were Jews, he would be having tears for three continuous hours on TV. Read how he cared about an immaterial random basketball player who passed away before three days, and guess where? In Chapel Hill:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2015/02/08/statement-president-passing-dean-smith

And take in consideration this player has died without anybody pushing him toward death.
woe is me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)