Change (1 Viewer)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Situations change.
People change.
Times change.
Influences change.
Attitudes change.

They say change is the only thing constant in this life.

Your views?

Personally, i dont like change. And i usually have a tough time dealing with it. Be it in any sphere of my life.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I don't like much changes either. :) but without changes the world would be so boring I think. :p

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
Changes are good.they show you the different sides of life,and ways to deal with changes!all in all,you gain experience! :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I create changes all the time but I have no idea why I'm doing it.

I'm moving to a foreign country in two week's time. How's that? I thought it would be fun :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
One thing is you decide to move to Italy, quite another is having to do it because someone else decided it. There's a difference between changing something and facing the consequences of a change you had no influence over.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
i get freaked out...tottally paniced when somg changes and i can't controll it.
and the worse thing is that i get frustrated when i notice a very big change on me-my attitude usually-or a drastic change of someone i love.....

but,change will come anyway and i think i must learn deal with it...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
One thing is you decide to move to Italy, quite another is having to do it because someone else decided it. There's a difference between changing something and facing the consequences of a change you had no influence over.
`

Well of course. I've been there often enough. So often even, I have developed a talent to 'ingore it' and move on at swift pace.

OP
baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Agreed, I don't enjoy change I have no control over.

But isnt that implicit in a sense? Change seems to occur when you cannot control something.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    But isnt that implicit in a sense? Change seems to occur when you cannot control something.
    No, I don't agree with that. You said people change, that means we change ourselves and we may or may not (in most cases) have control over that. But maybe we're also less likely to notice it, when we change our perspective changes, we see things differently so it looks like those things have changed. Then we realized, we're the ones that changed.

Ok a tangent there, onto the issue. If we decide something has to change, that's also change, isn't it? How many times have you been annoyed with someone because they do some little thing that gets on your nerves? Then you say to yourself this has to change and you talk to them, ask them to change it. But now you're in control so you don't mind, you encourage that change.

OP
    baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    Yes true. But I also said situations change, which is beyond our control, and which is where i feel we adapt and thats what makes us people change.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    The thing is that it's not change that's the problem here; it's adapting. Or rather, being forced to adapt.

Now, there's either two ways to adapt to a changed situation:
    1) You remain melancholic and frustrated for a while before you fully adapt
    2) You stroll up your sleeves and get with it; not just adapting yourself, but also slightly molding the new situation to fit you better.

The key is to pull yourself up and use the second method.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    Situations change.
    People change.
    Times change.
    Influences change.
    Attitudes change.

They say change is the only thing constant in this life.

Your views?

Personally, i dont like change. And i usually have a tough time dealing with it. Be it in any sphere of my life.

I used to think, that I dont like changes myself, but there is no progress in life without them. I started some changes about 2 years ago. In the beginning I was scared about them, but then I started get used to them. I started to have control over them: one after one, and till now I know I control everything. And there was a lot of changes: town, houses (twice), study (partially), all people around me, way of living, so almost everything. The last year was a huge progress and a huge change also in other way: I finally found my way to go, I realised what's important, I started to stick together with my best people and definitely got rid off those buggers.

So changes were necessary for me, they forced me to progress and that's such good feeling now.

Oh, there is one thing, I cannot change, so help needed :D
    There are some stressful situations... standing face to face with me, you could say, that I'm absolutely calm, just cold as ice, cause I have absolutly cold looks. But inside I feel gazillions butterflies in my stomach and my blodd is boiling, cause I'm so stressed. I cant control that :groan:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Change is good.

In the past 10 years I lived in 4 different US states and 5 nations overseas. And adapting to change ain't no joke.

Change Management is not becoming a big thing in a corporate world too.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    To think that change isn't constant is an illusion. Entropy always increases -- that's your second law of thermodynamics. I think that once you accept that change is inevitable, you'll be a lot better off. Otherwise, you're doomed to sticking your head in the sand and wishing the realities away -- and will set yourself up to be continually frustrated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)