Championship Manager 4 (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
How badly did he play in the game? It's very unusual for a player to remain unhappy for that length of time.

Or is he unhappy? Does he just not want to sign a new contract, despite his status saying that he's happy to stay there? In that case, there's little you can do - you might be able to resign him after his contract expires, but that's a gamble. The only other things you can do are to tell him he's indespensible to the team, and to offer him silly money for hsi new contract.

If none of that works, Zmabro is right - sell him.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Check this 3-4-1-2 tactic it is making wonders in Cm4.
Looks good though I would prefer Davids to Tudor in midfield, and do you think a 4-1-3-2 formation would work?

Here's the lineup I was thinking of using for now...

Buffon
Thuram - Tudor - Mexes - Zambrotta
Tacchinardi
Camoranesi - Deco - Nedved
Trezeguet - Del Piero

P.S. Do any of you guys know where I can download CM4? :angel:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
I got the game a few weeks ago... and I've never been so disappointed before.

It took so long to get the game out... why??? Don't know... not much has changed.

It's amazing that SI could spend so much time making this game, and still it's totally bug infested. There is so many errors in this game... and yes, I've downloaded the enhancement packs, but still...

And it's not very realistic is it? So far I've played one season with Juve. I won the league and the cup, and got knocked out of semifinals i CL. Del Piero scored 30 goals, Trezeguet scored 31, Di Vaio who was injured for most of the year, scored 15, while Zalayeta scored 13!!! WTF!!! It's not even fun!

Then I played with FC Copenhagen. After one season you can get Maldini and Albertini on free transfers. In real life they would never play for FC Copenhagen, but I thought what the hell, I'll give it a go. They turned me down as I expected, but then something wack happened.
Maldini signed on for Kolding IF. A little club who plays in the danish first division. Albertini signed for Randers Freja, another small club from the danish first division.
FC Copenhagen is the biggest club in Denmark. I offered them around £ 10,000 a week, but they would rather sign on for the small clubs for around £ 500 a week!!! WTF!!!

One last thing... Why is there no editor this time!?!?!??3

CM4 sucks! :groan:

I'll go back to CM3 now...

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
How badly did he play in the game? It's very unusual for a player to remain unhappy for that length of time.

Or is he unhappy? Does he just not want to sign a new contract, despite his status saying that he's happy to stay there? In that case, there's little you can do - you might be able to resign him after his contract expires, but that's a gamble. The only other things you can do are to tell him he's indespensible to the team, and to offer him silly money for hsi new contract.

If none of that works, Zmabro is right - sell him.
well i finished the season and he is out of contract!!!!

i already tried offering him silly money!!

maxing out everything i can offer him and he would reject it!!!!!

well i guess he didn't play that bad during that game but i just wanted to see the reaction and now i learned from my mistake that it is something u can't do anything about!!!

well he is on a free transfer right now but he is continuing to play for me extending his contract 1 month at a time untill another team approaches him!!!!

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

P.S. Do any of you guys know where I can download CM4? :angel:
You can find a .bin file on kazaa, I have bought it by the way.

Like Karlberg I can't possibly understand what took them so much time, the only difference is the 2d-engine.

skiznigit

Sep 30, 2002
i downloaded couple of copies of cm4.

but none of them really work. they are missing some files or something b/c when i try to open it just a black screen comes up.

does anyone know how to fix it?

thanks

OP
Art^

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
  • Thread Starter #71
    Maybe should piracy stay out of this thread, before something bad happens :)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by skiznigit ] ++
    i downloaded couple of copies of cm4.

but none of them really work. they are missing some files or something b/c when i try to open it just a black screen comes up.

does anyone know how to fix it?

thanks
    Once again I've bought the game but when I was downloading another program it always failed because I changed user all the time and therefor some files were lost. So if you download something big, download it from one single user and you shouldn't resume it. That was the tip I got.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Wazz up with all thoose injuries all the god damn time???
    Doesn't matter which team I managed or how... everyone gets injured all the time and most of the injuries are quite nasty.

Oh man... this game sucks! CM3 was way better... :groan:

OP
    Art^

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
  • Thread Starter #75
    ++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
    Doesn't matter which team I managed or how... everyone gets injured all the time and most of the injuries are quite nasty.

Oh man... this game sucks! C3 was way better... :groan:
    Was and still is, and will be until the next version comes out, so many features is taken aways. I dont belive they will put them back after they took them away.

And afterall, the blind critics seem to like the game (unpatched) and gives it overall 9/10 so i dont belive that SIgames would listen to the real story from us

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++

Oh man... this game sucks! CM3 was way better... :groan:
    I always get these 4-5 days injuries but I haven't had a injury for more than 4 months.

I still think it is better than the previous version mostly for one reason the simulator. I haven't played this game very much but I from what I have seen there is nothing worse with it.

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
    Anyone used the free player cheat? I think it's hilarious. I decided to start a game with Milan, and I signed Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Cavenaghi on frees. Bloody SI will never get everything sorted on this game. :D

Now to sell Rivaldo and Inzaghi...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    i've practically made a clean sweep of honours with juve but no matter what i do i just can't seem to make the board give me a bigger wage budget:down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)