[Champions League] Zenit vs JUVENTUS (11/25/08) (11 Viewers)

Who will get in injured in this game?

• Manninger

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Camoranesi

• Sissoko

• Marchisio

• Nedved

• Iaquinta

• Del Piero

• Chimenti

• Legrottaglie

• De Ceglie

• Rossi

• Amauri

• Marchionni

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Manninger 7

Grygera 5.5
Mellberg 6.5
Chiellini 7
Molinaro 5

Sissoko 5.5
Marchisio 6
Camoranesi 5
Nedved 5.5

Del Piero 6
Iaquinta 6

Ranieri's subs Dp-Gio was spot on. Amauri for Iaquinta last two min was also wise.
Really fair ratings, i would only change Mellberg's to 6.0 and Chiellini's to 6.5, so that Manningher stands out with authority. I so agree with your ratings in the midfield!!!

BTW the match was live on sport.ro :ultra:

Buy on AliExpress.com

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
We could have won, and we defended well against a team desperate for a result. A good away performance.

Every1 played their part, although Momo and Nedved are capable of better. The former gave the ball away more than usual, and the latter was slow and predictable. He can't peal away from players when in a favorable position, eliminating many potentially dangerous counter attacks. His defensive work was mostly zonal, which even the "weak" Seba can do. Over the past 2 games, he is drifting back into the averageness we saw from him in the opening 7 games of the season.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It was a job well done. Now we only need a point to secure the first place, and lets not fool ourselves, BATE can't beat us.

I loved Sissoko's reaction at the end. I actually predicted that earlier. I thought that he'll get a yellow on purpose at the end if the result is favorable to us. Very smart decision. Now he starts with 0 yellows in the knock-outs.

2 clean sheets against Zenit, two wins against Real. Really, apart from that match in Belarus, this CL season has been great so far. Hopefully it will continue this way.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #465
    Ranieri is slowly but surely starting to piss me off with his formations lately.
    Apart from not starting Giovinco tonight, I don't see where he went wrong with his formation.

Really fair ratings, i would only change Mellberg's to 6.0 and Chiellini's to 6.5, so that Manningher stands out with authority. I so agree with your ratings in the midfield!!!

BTW the match was live on sport.ro :ultra:
    Yeah, I noticed that. Sport.ro is doing some good work I must say. I hope Cfr will follow Steaua out, so no more of their matches on Pro tv.

ThePLaya

Nov 8, 2005
    meduim match and with no injury which is important,, chances,,weather too cold effected us,, also players were tired from the last match and flying.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    Funny Moment of the Game:

Ranieri wanted to put Giovinco in around 5-10 minutes before he actually put him in, but Giovinco wasn't wearing his shoes cause he wasn't expecting to play.

Now that i typed it i'm not sure whether its funny or depressing

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #468

Ranieri wanted to put Giovinco in around 5-10 minutes before he actually put him in, but Giovinco wasn't wearing his shoes cause he wasn't expecting to play.

Are you serious?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    My only comment is that I thought besides the early part of the second half, Zenit controlled the game fairly easily.

We have a bunch of guys who can win balls, and take them off the opponents with ease, but then it seems they dont have a clue as to what to do with it next

Its going to become our downfall this season, we desperately need some creativity

My MOM- Manninger

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    My only comment is that I thought besides the early part of the second half, Zenit controlled the game fairly easily.

We have a bunch of guys who can win balls, and take them off the opponents with ease, but then it seems they dont have a clue as to what to do with it next

Its going to become our downfall this season, we desperately need some creativity

My MOM- Manninger
    Hindsight offers a lot. And I gotta say, we probably needed a backup keeper like Manninger more this season than we needed more talent at CB. Even though I didn't expect things to play out that way.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Hindsight offers a lot. And I gotta say, we probably needed a backup keeper like Manninger more this season than we needed more talent at CB. Even though I didn't expect things to play out that way.
    :agree: it's behind 99% of the posts in this forum

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007

poor gio......

he deserved a starting spot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)