[Champions League] Zenit vs JUVENTUS (11/25/08) (6 Viewers)

Who will get in injured in this game?

• Manninger

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Camoranesi

• Sissoko

• Marchisio

• Nedved

• Iaquinta

• Del Piero

• Chimenti

• Legrottaglie

• De Ceglie

• Rossi

• Amauri

• Marchionni

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #423
    Can't moan/complain about the result. It's more than good considering too many things such as the (Inter match, injuries, playing away).

Zenit were having the possession more than us but thats just normal, because they're the one in-need of 3points not us. I like the way our defenders treated this match. Though Molinaro-Grygera like usually not adding much up-front, specially the Molinaro being himself again.

We didn't have too much creativity except when Ale was having the ball.... Playing both Sissoko and Marchisio isn't creative at all but we can't complain about it and we shouldn't looking at Zanetti, Poulsen, Tiago's situations.

Camoranesi was really frustrating today. Being selfish at times and many times could have passed to one of Iaquinta or Del Piero but he kept doing a Zlatan there.

All in all, 1point is pretty sweet and I enjoyed Sissoko's yellow card. Smart move.

Manninger 7

Grygera 5.5
    Mellberg 6.5
    Chiellini 7
    Molinaro 5

Sissoko 5.5
    Marchisio 6
    Camoranesi 5
    Nedved 5.5

Del Piero 6
    Iaquinta 6

Ranieri's subs Dp-Gio was spot on. Amauri for Iaquinta last two min was also wise.

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
    Aug 5, 2008
    Great peformance by the team, Shame we couldn't score despite all the chances the team created. Both Iaquinta and Mellberg were unlucky not to score but our defence was very solid as was Manninger. Marchisio was more commanding in midfield.

Chiellini/Manninger/Nedved was mom.

Hope BATE can take a point off Real tonight.:D :frown: Opps Real just scored!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    If you put 10 or 9 player behind the ball it pretty much gives you a tie... Ranieri obiuosly didnt try to win this one, at least not in the second half of the game... so why dont use the reserves? why risking Del Piero when you have a game against Milan so close?
    ?????????????????????

Second half was quite boring, but all in all Zenit was the one who should be more happy with this result. We failed to convert a multitude of great chances, we should've killed them.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Or perhaps Ranieri is playing him in the Champions League late in the match to make it look like he's not strong enough to play in Serie A, so it justifies the reason why the young man doesn't play.

Azzurri fans should declare a fatwah against this infidel, against this terrorist, burn flags in the streets and form various cells to make sure Ranieri is gone, either by force or coercion, but preferably force, to protect the future attacking genius in their beloved team. I'm serious. Declaration of Jihad on Ranieri should be written and printed in various papers as a warning to Ranieri, "If you do not adhere to our demands of leaving Juventus to protect our beloved prophet Sebastian Giovinco, you will feel the wrath of Allah and the edges of 21 spikes in the deepest cavities of your intestines. Insha'allah death to Ranieri."

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
    Oct 13, 2005
    Play Of the Match :

Zenit went on a classic counter-attack after Molinaro lost the ball in his own half and Denny only had to tap in at the back post, but he hesitated and allowed Claudio Marchisio to come flying in to block the shot .

Apr 15, 2006
    Or perhaps Ranieri is playing him in the Champions League late in the match to make it look like he's not strong enough to play in Serie A, so it justifies the reason why the young man doesn't play.

Azzurri fans should declare a fatwah against this infidel, against this terrorist, burn flags in the streets and form various cells to make sure Ranieri is gone, either by force or coercion, but preferably force, to protect the future attacking genius in their beloved team. I'm serious. Declaration of Jihad on Ranieri should be written and printed in various papers as a warning to Ranieri, "If you do not adhere to our demands of leaving Juventus to protect our beloved prophet Sebastian Giovinco, you will feel the wrath of Allah and the edges of 21 spikes in the deepest cavities of your intestines. Insha'allah death to Ranieri."
    :rofl:

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    I don't think they changed. I'm looking at the 08/09 regs. There's a rule that says if you get any multiple of three yc's after the first two you get a suspension. It's not that Momo's cards start over in the next round now that he's got a suspension. He just has to get three now. At least that's how I see it.
    I'll take your word for it

Play Of the Match :

Zenit went on a classic counter-attack after Molinaro lost the ball in his own half and Denny only had to tap in at the back post, but he hesitated and allowed Claudio Marchisio to come flying in to block the shot .
    that was sensational

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)