[Champions League] Zenit vs JUVENTUS (11/25/08) (11 Viewers)

Who will get in injured in this game?

• Manninger

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Camoranesi

• Sissoko

• Marchisio

• Nedved

• Iaquinta

• Del Piero

• Chimenti

• Legrottaglie

• De Ceglie

• Rossi

• Amauri

• Marchionni

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
UEFA believe that the Champions League match between Zenit St Petersburg and Juventus will go ahead despite a fatal explosion in the Russian city.

A grenade exploded in a taxi near a subway station close to Zenit's training ground, killing three passengers and seriously injuring the driver.

A UEFA spokesman has moved to address concerns that the Group H clash would be postponed, saying: "At the moment there's no likelihood at all that the game will be postponed. Everything points to it going ahead as normal.

"Obviously we're monitoring the situation and we're in close contact with people over there.

"But we have had no requests to postpone the game."

UEFA director of communications William Gaillard said that the Russian government would have the final say over whether the game went ahead.

Gaillard said: "We have not received anything at the moment. But obviously the decision rests with the government.

"They are sovereign over what happens on their land. Their say is final on events in their country."

Tony Mabert / Eurosport

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
It's really dissapointing, to see such a young talent rot on the bench. If I was Giovinco I would get away from here ASAP

mondo1

May 14, 2006
so there are just two options
1. we are all wrong and giovinco is shit, so he don't deserve to play or
2. ranieri is even more foolish than we all thought

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Uefa says it sees no reason why Zenit St Petersburg's Champions League tie with Juventus should not go ahead, despite a fatal blast in the city.

Reports suggested Tuesday's game may be postponed after three people, including a child, died following an explosion in a taxi near the club's training ground.

Zenit realistically need to win the game on Tuesday to stand any chance of reaching the knockout stages.

Juve need only one point from two games to go through to the knockout round.

"Obviously we're monitoring the situation and we're in close contact with people over there but we have had no requests to postpone the game," said a Uefa spokesman.

But if there are any doubts, the final decision would rest with the Russian government.

"They are sovereign over what happens on their land," said Uefa director of communications William Gaillard.

"Their say is final on events in their country."

-
R.I.P.
BBC
That's not what they would say if we were talking about another European country.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It's really dissapointing, to see such a young talent rot on the bench. If I was Giovinco I would get away from here ASAP
hell im pretty sure giovinco is much bigger Juve fan than you and not playing for 3 months wont make you rot. though if he`s not playing in november, its starting to look like his season will be nothing more than a coppa challenge unless we loan him at january.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)