[Champions League] Shakhtar 0-1 JUVENTUS (December 5, 2012) (19 Viewers)

MotM?

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Lichtsteiner

• Vidal

• Vucinic

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Chelsea are the first ever holders to "go out" blah blah zzzzzzz. Funny how Benitez gets booed before kick off. Love it. See ya kuntz. You were a joke to win this in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Still coming to terms that Benitez is the new/latest Chelsea coach/manager/interim PissMyFuckingPantiesAndMyWifesPantiesAndTheRestOfWestLondon.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What change would make Real Madrid worse than Celtic? :D

I doubt that anything would change so much that Celtic could eliminate Juventus. If we get them we're definitely through. I want Celtic.
Yeah, I can assure that Juve would have to do something extraordinarily stupid to lose against Celtic over two legs.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Juventino[RUS];3951776 said:
1/8 vs real
1/4 vs cuntcelona
1/2 vs random
Final vs random
Yeah, lets eliminate real and barcelona, have our most important player suspended, and lose the final like in 2003

fuck that, lets do how milan did it in 2003

have some great team kick out all the good teams, while we take the weaker path, and then beat that team in the finals

1th knockout round

juventus - arsenal
schalke - milan
man utd - real madrid
p$g - valencia
bayeren - celtic
barcelona - shaktar
malaga - galasataray
borussia - porto

quarter finals

juventus - galasataray
milan - bayeren
real madrid - barcelona
p$g - dortmund

semi finals

juventus - bayeren
barcelona - dortmund

final

juventus - dortmund

winner : juventus

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Really good performance.

Asamoah focused more on Srna, with Chiellini taking the furthest right of the attacking midfielders and that allowed Juve to be much more assertive and press Shakhtar higher up the pitch than they were able to in the game in Turin. Made it nice and clear what everyone had to do and avoided the aimless crowding with no-one taking responsibility that happened in the first game.

The forwards moved really well and Vucinic did well holding the ball up.

Only real criticism is that it took Juve as long to score as they did and that they then didn't get the second goal to kill the game off.

Shakhtar only really looked dangerous for a few minutes at the start of the second half, when they came out with more intensity and Juve were trying to press high up to get the goal. That led to a couple of dangerous counter attacks from Juve over-committing, but the goal came pretty quickly and Juve were able to drop off.

Thought Bonucci had a great game. He probably just edges Chiellini and Vidal for man of the match.

Wasn't really a bad performance from anyone, though, even if Buffon looked a bit iffy at times and Pogba gave the ball away a few too many times.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Here's the rankings of who I'd rather play against:

Galatasaray > Celtic > Arsenal > Valencia > FC Porto > Real Madrid

Obviously, I'd like to avoid Real. There's plenty of time to meet the big guns in the quarters and semis. ;) Galatasaray and Celtic seem like the easiest opponents, but Arsenal would be a good draw as well. I wouldn't fear Valencia or FC Porto, but I don't really want to draw them. I'm not 100% sure that their playing style would be a good match for us. :)

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Whilst Chiellini and Vidal were great.

Bonucci had his best game for Juventus tonight. His performance was World Class, showed absolutely everything a top quality defender needs. His positioning, marshalling, leadership, passing, timing and tackling were all perfect tonight and I love nothing more to watch a defender perform like this. Much more of an art than attacking.

Ledje

Sep 1, 2006
Celtic in the CL: I remember a free kick of Del Piero against them.
Gala: group stage in the CL? I think we destroyed them, or it was in the Olympiakos group!
Barca: 90s, cross from Birindelli, and the goal of Zalayeta @ Camp Nou
Arsenal: quarter finals, before calciopoli, with Zlatan, we got kicked out by them. Revenge!
R.Madrid: too many memories, but all good!
Valencia and Porto: can't remember anything..

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I think celtic is better to face then galasataray, because of the away game.

They sure can create a hell in their stadium, and our supporters might be intimidated by the many stories of getting stabbed to death.

btw, we cant face the second placed of our own group, and milan because same nation, in the first knockout round, right ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)