[Champions League] Shakhtar 0-1 JUVENTUS (December 5, 2012) (9 Viewers)

MotM?

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Lichtsteiner

• Vidal

• Vucinic

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
I think Juve will qualify and Chelsea will be eliminated.

But I'm little confused.

Juve have superior head-to-head advantage against Chelsea and Shaktar have an advantage over Chelsea (i think)? 2-1 won, 2-3 lost in London.

So, lets say, if Juve win 1-0 against Shaktar. Chelsea win 1-0 against Nord. What happens? Juve 1. and Shaktar 2. will qualify?

Shaktar will qualify for sure even if they lose against Juve?

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
Thanks.

FC Shakhtar Donetsk (10pts) v Juventus (9), Chelsea FC (7) v FC Nordsjælland (1)

• Shakhtar are through and will clinch first place with a win or draw.

• Juventus will finish first with a win against Shakhtar, and will be through with a draw if Chelsea fail to win against Nordsjælland.

• Chelsea need to win and hope Juventus lose as their head-to-head record is inferior to both teams above them.

• Nordsjælland are out of Europe.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1895780.html

Juventus will finish first with a win against Shakhtar, and will be through with a draw if Chelsea fail to win against Nordsjælland.

I think UEFA.com got it wrong. Juve get a draw and and Chelsea win, Juve will still qualify as 2nd position.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Ahh, cheers Bro. :heart:

Couldn't be bothered to respond to that last one, had enough of Zacheryah's "truths" to last a lifetime.

Guy was clearly dropped on his head (a few times) as an infant. Gotta love his silly/offensive knee-jerk reactions to the 4-3-3 knee-jerkers, and the way he's decided now is the time to flame Seba in every thread - right after his best game for us.

Oh well. Racist, homophobic... not particularly surprising that stupidity is part of the package.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Buffon (C)
Licht Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
Vidal Pirlo Asamoah
Giovinco Quag Vucinic

IMO without Marchisio, this is our strongest line-up.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
We'll be exposed with this attacking formation. Shakhtar's defense isn't really hard to break, their attacking play is what we should be aware of.

I'd field the usual:

Buffon

Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini

Licht - Vidal - Pirlo - Pogba - Asamoah

Giovinco/Vucinic - Quagliarella

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We'll be exposed with this attacking formation. Shakhtar's defense isn't really hard to break, their attacking play is what we should be aware of.
Hubschman's absence should help us a bit when we attack. He's the one who protects their midfield, and allows them to play their game. Not really a player you'd notice in Shakhtar, since he's the Makelele in a team full with technical players, but he's a really important figure for their play.
The attacking threat is really big. It's not just the 3 AMs and the striker in their team that we'll have to closely mark, but it's also their maestro in midfield, Fernandinho, and the non stop running fullbacks.
Even if we give 101% the way we did against Chelsea, if Shakhtar are also serious about this match, we're gonna have the toughest match this season, away to the best team we faced so far this year.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:scared: I hope Shakhtar adopt a conservative approach for this game, and if there are goals, we better score first.

I'd go with the 3-5-2. No need to run risks with the 4-3-3 and play Chiellini @ LB. Bonnucci in a 4-3-3 looks far more vulnerable, and is likely to be far more exposed against the likes of Willain, Ilsinho, Fernandindo, and Mkhitaryan. I'd play Isla or Licht @ RWB (depending on who is in better shape), Asmoah as a LWB, and stick in Pogba for Marchisio. Giovinco and Vucinic should get the nod in attack.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
We don't have a player for that.

Actually, we do technically, but that player will have to be Pirlo and we can't waste him on marking Willian.
Willian outclassed Pirlo in torino.
that guy is absolute class. :scared:
I am really scared for this game to be honest even more cos Marchisio is out :scared:

- - - Updated - - -

Mkhitaryan, Willian, Ilsinho, Srna, Fernandinho...

Some absolute quality players in their lineup. They are a top team.
:agree:
they deserve the first spot even though we played amazing vs Chelsea. I hope they won't push 100% for the win.

I am still a bit suprised we didn't lose vs them in Torino.

Play cacares

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I'm not expecting a biscotto from this game. Shakhtar will come out to play against us and will be going for the win to make sure they claim 1st spot - they have nothing to lose, even if they lose or draw they're through. Hopefully our players don't sit back all game, I want us to come out and attack them from the get go.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
If we concede first, don't think we can recover.

Hopefully will come out strong and sneak a goal and then sit back for the rest of the game.

I'll be inclined to play with a lone striker.

Buffon

Barza--Bon--Chiello
Licht--------------------De Ceglie
Vidal----Pirlo---Asamoah
---------Pogba
-----------Vucinic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)