[Champions League] Real Madrid vs JUVENTUS (11/05/08) (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Del Piero: What a moment!
Wednesday 5 November, 2008

Alessandro Del Piero admits “I could not be happier” after two goals put the Bernabeu at his feet.

“We won, played a great game, I scored two goals. Really, how can you get better than that?” grinned the Juventus captain.

He secured the 2-0 victory away to Real Madrid that mathematically qualifies Juve for the knockout phase of the Champions League.

“You live off nights like this and the unique emotion. I am happy the crowd gave me a standing ovation when I left the field.

“It was so great to score and this is a fantastic stadium, so it was a very important match for us. I must admit this is a positive time for me.”

Del Piero has scored four goals in as many Champions League games and three of them were against Real Madrid.

His low drive and free kick earned him a standing ovation at the Bernabeu when substituted in stoppages.

“It is the ultimate feeling in football. To score two goals and win in such a big game, then to be applauded by the opposing fans is a sign of recognition that goes beyond rivalry. It was wonderful.

“I learned from the best with free kicks and always studied, trained hard to get better at this skill.”

Iker Casillas did not set out the defensive wall very well and the Spaniard was left rooted to the spot by his free kick.

“I asked [Christian] Molinaro to extend the wall and decrease the vision the goalkeeper had. I aimed it at the near post and thankfully Casillas stayed there.”

Alex is in incredible form right now despite the fact he turns 34 on Sunday, so what is behind this remarkable consistency?

“My family keeps me grounded and happy, my teammates put their faith in me and physically I am fit. This is a moment when everything is going well. The desire to always improve and work hard is essential, too.

“Fatherhood has helped me and really revitalised my life, plus having confidence is crucial. If you are able to train regularly and focus on objectives to keep getting better, then you always feel fresh.”

Juve are in the knockout round of the Champions League, but this time two years ago were battling in Serie B after the Calciopoli scandal.

“I will never forget playing in Serie B, nor do I wish to. I experienced it wholeheartedly with a smile on my face, as I chose that path and knew we would get back into Serie A and the Champions League. I don't feel as if this is the end of an era, but rather it keeps going.”

:touched:
What a legend :bow:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
well then you should have said:
"raul for Madrid is kinda like what DP is for Juve, EXCEPT he is less talented and has never acheived the feats that DP has, and has lost his legs in his old age unlike our super fantastic captain."
Now that sounds much better don't ya think?:D
Look just cause you suffer from gingivitis(south park joke) doesn't mean you have an excuse to be retarded :p
Fucking gingers, no wonder they aren't allowed in the cafeteria :lol:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Del Piero: What a moment!
Wednesday 5 November, 2008

Alessandro Del Piero admits “I could not be happier” after two goals put the Bernabeu at his feet.

“We won, played a great game, I scored two goals. Really, how can you get better than that?” grinned the Juventus captain.

He secured the 2-0 victory away to Real Madrid that mathematically qualifies Juve for the knockout phase of the Champions League.

“You live off nights like this and the unique emotion. I am happy the crowd gave me a standing ovation when I left the field.

“It was so great to score and this is a fantastic stadium, so it was a very important match for us. I must admit this is a positive time for me.”

Del Piero has scored four goals in as many Champions League games and three of them were against Real Madrid.

His low drive and free kick earned him a standing ovation at the Bernabeu when substituted in stoppages.

“It is the ultimate feeling in football. To score two goals and win in such a big game, then to be applauded by the opposing fans is a sign of recognition that goes beyond rivalry. It was wonderful.

“I learned from the best with free kicks and always studied, trained hard to get better at this skill.”

Iker Casillas did not set out the defensive wall very well and the Spaniard was left rooted to the spot by his free kick.

“I asked [Christian] Molinaro to extend the wall and decrease the vision the goalkeeper had. I aimed it at the near post and thankfully Casillas stayed there.”

Alex is in incredible form right now despite the fact he turns 34 on Sunday, so what is behind this remarkable consistency?

“My family keeps me grounded and happy, my teammates put their faith in me and physically I am fit. This is a moment when everything is going well. The desire to always improve and work hard is essential, too.

“Fatherhood has helped me and really revitalised my life, plus having confidence is crucial. If you are able to train regularly and focus on objectives to keep getting better, then you always feel fresh.”

Juve are in the knockout round of the Champions League, but this time two years ago were battling in Serie B after the Calciopoli scandal.

“I will never forget playing in Serie B, nor do I wish to. I experienced it wholeheartedly with a smile on my face, as I chose that path and knew we would get back into Serie A and the Champions League. I don't feel as if this is the end of an era, but rather it keeps going.”

:touched:
What a man :touched:

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Ranieri asked me to post this only for Cronios and he also told me to send it with love:

“The usual suspects will start insulting me again the moment we are defeated! Don't worry about that.”

Now soap it.
i couldn't help but think the same (even thought about posting that for the doomsdayers as well)...

so i was wrong .... the board really does read/use this forum !

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
But FFS, what the hell was Casillas thinking with that wall placement???
Read what Del Piero said. Alex knew what he was doing and he played on Casillas not seeing him. The same thing with the first goal, Alex waited for the angle where Cannavaro blocks Casillas' view so he takes the shot. Both goals were pure class and talent from Del Piero.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Look just cause you suffer from gingivitis(south park joke) doesn't mean you have an excuse to be retarded :p
Fucking gingers, no wonder they aren't allowed in the cafeteria :lol:
:wallbang: damn I thought I was the only one who watched that episode.
Now you'd better soap it before I come over to Malta and give you............Gingivitis!
MWHAHAHA :lol:

sacrer

Nov 6, 2006
Everyone talking about Alex here. But here is a small thought... Whenever Chiellini and Legro are playing in the back with Sissoko infront we have been winning!!!
These three are monsters out there! I really think they are behind our "revival" this month!

Tha Bo$$

May 15, 2003
Absolutley stunning victory. We could not have expected to do the double of Real.

How's Del Piero not in the running for the Ballon D'or? He's a magican...

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
It wasn't just Del Piero out there. But what he did and the impact on the game was immense. Sometimes it's a matter of timing. You can be on the pitch for 90 minutes, and it's just 1 or 2 that really matter and change the result. Kind of like a reverse-Boumsong effect.
thats exactly what it is like in football ...

every football player thinks about the situations after the game and thinks "when i had passed instead of shooting we would've won" or "if i had shot instead of passing"... there are a few moments in every game where you have to do the right thing at the right time to advance from a mediocre performance to a outstanding performance.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
We got paid tonight 10 Mil to be exact for qualifying for the next round
Do u have a breakdown of UEFA CL payments for 08/09? I wrote a post not to long ago about how much money we can make off the group stages and making it to the 1st round. It was based on figures from 06/07 though.
http://juventuz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1784351&postcount=14123

Distance covered: Sissoko - 12506... Nedved - 12292 :tup: :tup:
Forza Momo. U have a link for the distance covered by other players? Thx.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)