[Champions League] Real Madrid vs JUVENTUS (11/05/08) (29 Viewers)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
WOW!!!

Time to celebrate! What a team performance.

Manninger 7 (Wasn't tested really because of great defending)

Mellberg 7 (Had by far the hardest opponent in Drenthe and was really good covering him. Did make any mistake when coming forward from time to time. Right Back is a better position for him, it seems)
Legrottaglie 6.5 (Solid, nothing more)
Chiellini 7 (Outstanding. A leader in his young age. Beside his clearences, that sometimes go anywhere, he was perfect)
Molinaro 6.5 (One of the better games. Was also contributing in going forward, but was lucky, that he didn't had any though opponent to cover. Raul and Higuain were not able to force him into any mistake. As was Ramos)

Marchionni 6 (A 6 for defending, a 5.5 for the rest. Really invisible. Couldn't challange Marcelo at all. I am waiting for Camoranesi....)
Sissoko 7 (Wow, another outstanding performance. Even after receiving the yellow card, he still was able to controll the mid. An ongoing motor in the middle who never stops running)
Tiago 6.5 (Could have done better in some occasions, but its so good to see him back. Was able to hold on to the ball, when we had possession and at least tried to be creative. Nice pictures of him and Chiellini in the end :)
Nedved 6 (Offensivly nothing special, but also a very good performance in defense. Covered his opponent and showed a lot of leadership. Will retire at the age of 45....)

Amauri 6.5 (Tried a lot, moved a lot to the wings and did nice there to hold on to the ball, but he needs a break.)
Del Piero 100000 (When Real Fans are giving standing ovations to a player from the opponents......you know it must be Diego himself or Del Piero. Thank God for this player. I was moved to tears after the second goal)

Congrats! We are through and we should be able to beat Bate at home, so the first place is safe, IMO!

FORZA JUVE! Lets wear our shirts tommorow!!!!

Aug 17, 2007
I don't care if we'll play catenaccio for 90 minutes and win with 40m fk by Ale :spliff:

we're going to play in madrid, against better team (right now), and many of our players are not fit. we must play carefully.

by the way, after the first match, one of the spanish newspapers' headline was 'catenaccio and del piero'. i wish for a repeat.
not 40m, and not only a FK, but what can i say about the legend...make dreams come true.

as rihana says, how about a round of applause, standing ovation? let's hear you guys

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We got paid tonight 10 Mil to be exact for qualifying for the next round
Do not underestimate the importance of this. Other clubs have had to sell off players when they didn't qualify for an expected round with TV revenues.

This is really critical for our club finances, transfer budget, merchandising, etc. All good stuff.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Ален;1795189 said:
Every handball can be given a penalty but a sane ref would never give penalty for Legro's handball.

Just like a sane ref would have never given that penalty on Milan-Napoli because that one was also ball to hand from close range.
That penalty of Milan match was a 50-50 call but this one tonight was not a penalty by NO means. Legro just protected his face by his hand.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Molinaro 6.5 (One of the better games. Was also contributing in going forward, but was lucky, that he didn't had any though opponent to cover. Raul and Higuain were not able to force him into any mistake. As was Ramos)
BS, he had very very players on his side of the pitch, yet none managed to cross often. Ramos is one of the best RBs in the world, Raul is the Spanish and Real equivalent to our Ale, though not as influential, and Higuain had fresh legs against Molinaro who didn't stop all game, yet none of these actually managed to dribble Moli, and very few crosses actually reached the box from this side.
Molinaro is getting confidence from his better games, from better reviews in the newspaper and from the fans actually supporting him rather than heckling, that is the reason he is committing less errors

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
yup, fell to the ground, I thought he has injured, I was like shit!
The 2 pleayers came and knelt down beside him and he just hugged them.
A very emotional moment for him :)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Great team performance. The side did not loose it's shape, and made the most of the chances it was given. We didn't push for goal as hard as the 1st leg, but tactically we were much disciplined. I did not think we would come out as focused as we did away from home. Ranieri handled this match perfectly.

Del Piero is Juventus personified. Legend.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Do not underestimate the importance of this. Other clubs have had to sell off players when they didn't qualify for an expected round with TV revenues.

This is really critical for our club finances, transfer budget, merchandising, etc. All good stuff.
Not only that but its brought back much needed respect & glamour to the team.If Juventus do intend reinforcing the squad,tonights game was the perfect tool for marketing.Who wouldnt wanna sign for Juventus after this performance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)