[Champions League] Real Madrid vs JUVENTUS (11/05/08) (13 Viewers)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
:biggrin: Vinman's Real counterpart. :vinny:
i hope this thing is not contagious ...

be prepared for the necessary vinman vaccination ...

small doses of negative crap injected to your brain make you immune, when a great crisis will break out

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
---------------Manninger

Mellberg--Chiellini--Leggro--De Ceglie

------------Sissoko--Tiago

Camoranesi--------------Nedved

----------Del Piero---Amauri

I know Molinaro will get the start but I would really prefer De Ceglie over him despite his recent improvements. Camoranesi may not be 100% but he should still be played against a team like Madrid. Nedved and Del Piero should start if they have enough energy but if they are to tired could be replace by Giovinco and Iaquinta respectively. I know that his creativity and passing are still below par but I think Tiago should get the start because his tackling recently has been very impressive. I'm unsure about Mellberg at RB his performances have been shaky so far for Juve and I don't feel comfortable fielding him there in what will be at this point our most difficult match of the season. He is our only choice tho so he must play there. Fuck I really miss Buffon in big games like this. Manninger is actually pretty reliable but I am always nervous without Buffon in goal

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
He seldom has a bad game, not even at RB and tomorrow it's gonna be about containing Robben and purely defend. I don't see either of Grygera or Salihamidzic keeping Robben quiet tbh.

edit: still Mellberg isn't quality at fullback by any means but he does one thing well and that is defence. And that's what it's gonna be about tomorrow.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Omar Sivori was a Juve player. Look closely, we won that match

edit: still Mellberg isn't quality at fullback by any means but he does one thing well and that is defence. And that's what it's gonna be about tomorrow.
There is a difference between defending the box from the strikers and defending the flanks from fast wingers.
You think Mellberg is up to the task ? I've never seen him playing RB while Juve/Aston Villa were under pressure, that's why i'm asking.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
The possibility of Mellberg keeping a player like Robben quiet far exceeds the possibility of Grygera or Salihamidzic doing so. It comes down to the support offered to Olof and the defensive organization as a whole but as previously said, if it's between these 3 men (which it is... sadly) I would opt for Mellberg.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The possibility of Mellberg keeping a player like Robben quiet far exceeds the possibility of Grygera or Salihamidzic doing so. It comes down to the support offered to Olof and the defensive organization as a whole but as previously said, if it's between these 3 men (which it is... sadly) I would opt for Mellberg.
Nice to hear this.

Forza Olof !

Sir Psycho Sexy

I AM CANDREVA (kholsit!)
Sep 19, 2008
Wrong. Mellberg has shut down better players than Robben and Van Nistelroy before. He is better than Grygera defensively but he offers zero offensively and in addition he is not a natural fullback. So as a whole, Grygera absent is a minus but you won't have to worry about Mellberg getting schooled or anything. There will be hoofing though and that's what I don't like about Mellberg at RB.
lets hope ur right :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)