[Champions League] Real Madrid vs JUVENTUS (11/05/08) (19 Viewers)

sacrer

Nov 6, 2006
I am all for a win, but a win wont come by playing all out on attack. We need to play like we did last time against them.
Bring in force, and think first about closing down everything to them, and then think about attacking. I really dont think that we can outplay them by playing a Barcelona playing style. We just need to outplay them by making sure they are not comfortable with the ball at any point!

Manninger
Grygera - Legro - Chiellini - Molinaro
Camoranesi - Sissoko - Tiago - DC
Del Piero - Amauri

we would rest nedved this way.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yeah was kind of hoping that it isn't a possibility, though i'd rather BATE win rather than Zenit, since bate have to play us at home on the last matchday, and play Real in round 5, while Zenit would encounter us in Russia next matchday in the extreme conditions that Russia has, and then a REal which would have qualified if they beat us on Wed
That is true.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Manninger
Grygera - Legro - Chiellini - Molinaro
Camoranesi - Sissoko - Tiago - DC
Del Piero - Amauri

we would rest nedved this way.
errr... i feel unsafe resting nedved in such a huge match. Nedved would be aching to play champions league anyway. I say rest him in the next SerieA game.

I fear also that Tiago will end his good form in Madrid. But here's to hoping :beer:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Ален;1791009 said:
I was thinking about this the other day.
I know that Zenit will have an advantage in such extreme conditions but it won't be a huge advantage.
Zenit are a technical team that plays with lots of passing, with possession football, and keeps things on the ground a lot. We on the other hand are the opposite of Zenit. We rely on sheer power a lot and we play long balls. We are fighters, they are artists. The potential snow in St. Petersburg is what Zenit's Dutch coach won't pray for. You can be sure about that. Their total football won't work on such pitch.
:agree:

could play into our hands.....

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
hope that RVN dont play as he did in almeria match , since noone in real can do what he can , juve need to close the defence and midfield very well

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Pepe In Doubt For Juve Date

Real Madrid centreback Pepe is in doubt for Wednesday’s Champions League clash with Juventus after picking up injury during his side’s 1-1 draw at Almería.
The Portuguese defender suffered a blow to his left thigh in the first half against the Andaluz outfit and despite his best efforts to shake it off during the break, he had to be withdrawn just two minutes into the restart.

The initial medical report from Madrid has confirmed that the 25 year old has severe bruising and a blood clot in his left quadriceps and at this stage, he looks an uncertainty for Wednesday’s titanic tussle with Juventus.

But the club doctors will monitor his condition closely over the next few hours to see if there’s any immediate improvement, which should give them an early indication on whether or not he will be fit enough to make Bernd Schuster’s squad

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Pepe In Doubt For Juve Date

Real Madrid centreback Pepe is in doubt for Wednesday’s Champions League clash with Juventus after picking up injury during his side’s 1-1 draw at Almería.
The Portuguese defender suffered a blow to his left thigh in the first half against the Andaluz outfit and despite his best efforts to shake it off during the break, he had to be withdrawn just two minutes into the restart.

The initial medical report from Madrid has confirmed that the 25 year old has severe bruising and a blood clot in his left quadriceps and at this stage, he looks an uncertainty for Wednesday’s titanic tussle with Juventus.

But the club doctors will monitor his condition closely over the next few hours to see if there’s any immediate improvement, which should give them an early indication on whether or not he will be fit enough to make Bernd Schuster’s squad
SHITTT, I was counting on him being there! :( :(

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
This is one of the most important games for us at the moment.

However, we are not under pressure, so to play this game will be somehow easier for us. Win will mean , 1st place in group and great chance to go even further, for quoter finals as we will avoid biggest teams in Europe.

I think CR will "risk" and play the same formation as he did against Roma, but with Camo either as starter or coming from bench in second half.

Win will keep CR's job well into next year in that case, which i don't mind at all, if we go that far in CL. Also it will bring some cash to our team, and probably 1-2 new players at January transfer..

Of course, it will be much harder to beat Real at their stadium but in football everything is possible.

Go Juve go...

VladJuve

Jul 9, 2008
3 Chiellini
4 Mellberg
8 Amauri
9 Iaquinta
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
12 Chimenti
13 Manninger
16 Camoranesi
19 Marchisio
20 Giovinco
22 Sissoko
28 Molinaro
29 De Ceglie
30 Tiago
32 Marchionni
33 Legrottaglie
31 Nocchi
36 Castiglia
40 Rossi
41 Ariaudo

No Grygera and Zanetti. Back Marchisio!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)