Champions League QUALIFICATIONS (1 Viewer)

OP
Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #41
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

I will be like 10000km away from the stadium during the game :rolleyes:

lucky little me

Don't worry Fliakis, I'll give you a running commentary of the game so you don't miss out.:angel:

Hey...didn't Kaunas draw with Rangers two or three years ago at home.....wasn't it 0-0 or something like that?:confused:

There is always hope although obviously, since I'm a Celtic bhoy, I want the 'tic to go through.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #42
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

Boca Juniors is a good team, and i like them a lot. But remember that There are normal diferrences, starting from one simple point that Celtic is a renowned EUROPEAN team. The american soccer is far from the quality of the europe´s one, and we have to remember that celtic have faced the most renowned teams in the world lots of times, is just a matter of Experience.

But after seen this two games, i noticed that any well prepared european team, can beat them.

Theyr are not so dangerous after all, the problem in celtic is larsson (he is very dangerous) and another guy, i think is sutton, that is very good.

Good points here although I always thought South American teams had pretty good results against European teams....especially in World Club Champ play offs

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

Don't worry Fliakis, I'll give you a running commentary of the game so you don't miss out.:angel:

Hey...didn't Kaunas draw with Rangers two or three years ago at home.....wasn't it 0-0 or something like that?:confused:

There is always hope although obviously, since I'm a Celtic bhoy, I want the 'tic to go through.
    yeah, they drew 0-0 at home, after losing 4-1 in glasgow, so that doesn't mean anything. anyway, rangers are nowhere near celts.

is there something special bout lithuania and scotland. last year celtic - suduva, this year kaunas, national teams were drawn together twice in last 6-8 years. hope there'll be some scots to watch next year when i'll be back home

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #44
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

Rangers are nowhere near celts.
    Your my kind a guy:D

Is there something special bout lithuania and scotland. last year celtic - suduva, this year kaunas, national teams were drawn together twice in last 6-8 years. hope there'll be some scots to watch next year when i'll be back home
    We fixed the draw as we know we can get cheap beer and good company in Lithuania:cool:

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

In an interview Chelsea coach Claudio Ranieri said that he knows that Maccabi are a good team and that the Blues will have to concentrate and be at their best if they are to win, so Ranieri isn't underestimating the opposition, that's for sure.
    that's remind me the stupid Alex Ferguson :D last year when they had to play against Maccabi Haifa he said that they are a very good team, and they souldn't be underestimated, because the year before they beat Chelsea, Lokomotiv, Parma and Milan. but that was Hapoel Tel Aviv not Maccabi Haifa so he is an idiot :D

and btw he did underestimated, because he substituted Barthez with Ricardo in the middle of the game, which is very rude. and they lost the second game 3-0 :D

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #50
    Fliakis, we are all so sorry here about the tragedy that's befallen Kaunas.:down:

Let everyone know we greave for their loss.
    This put's football in it's proper place....only a game:frown:

Kaunus striker dies

Audrius Slekys, leading scorer last season for Celtic's Champions League qualifying opponents FBK Kaunas, was killed in a car crash on Sunday.
    The Lithuanian football federation announced on Monday that the player's BMW went off the road and smashed into a concrete wall.

The 28-year-old Slekys scored 19 goals last season and had already grabbed five goals this term.

The player had been with Kaunas since 1999 and won three league championships with the club.

Celtic travel to Kaunas on Wednesday for the first leg of the second round qualifier, with the winner of the tie facing either MTK Hungaria or HJK Helsinki for a place in the initial group phase.

A Uefa spokesman said: "The match between Kaunas and Celtic will take place despite the sad news."

A spokesperson for Celtic said: "We are deeply shocked to hear of the tragic death of Audrius Slekys.

"The thoughts of everyone at Celtic are with his family, loved ones and team-mates at this terrible time."

Sep 28, 2002
    eik tu nachui blet pyzdiec.

i just heard these news here in forum..
    that's the biggest shit. i don't really care about kaunas or any other lithuanian team but this is biggest shit. that's so ****ing unfair. he was lithuanian league top scorer lats year. and now this. jesus ****. just before the celtic game. the lads will be heartbroken on the field

ilsekis ramybeje, audriau.

that's sad man, sad... RIP :down:

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #60
    Celtic 4-0 Miller 86 min....

Celtic playing with ten men for last fifteen minutes since Larsson off injured:frown: and no subs left

Looks like a hamstring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)