Champions League QUALIFICATIONS (1 Viewer)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

of all the ****ing teams why did lithuanians have to get celtic. others at least had the chance to get to 3rd round :groan: and i won't even be able to watch the game and have a beer with scots :fero:

though maybe kaunas will be naxt basel :basel:
That would be the best possible draw for me, your stadium will be packed and you still have a little chance of winning.
You should be happy that you didn't get Newcastle, which is a pretty good draw aswell.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I having a feeling that Chelsea will do very well in either the CL or the Prem this season :thumb: They've made some quality signings such as defender Glen Johnsen, left back Wayne Bridge and winger Damien Duff and they thrashed Malaysia 4-1 yesterday :) Duff looks in fine form on the left side of midfield and Eidur Gudjohnsen is back to his good old goalscoring self :cool:

PS. Chelsea's away kit is awesome! :cool::thumb:

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
yeah, like malaysia were the hardest :D
anyway they look amazing this season, i agree and i'm happy. damien duff was a great aquisition and i hope that they will have a nice PL ... because they have not enough CL experience to have a triumph there too :)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Don't underestimate Chelsea in the CL, they might just turn out to be the dark horse of the competition.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Now that you mention Newcastle, I just remembered. Chelsea will play against Newcastle on Sunday in the Asian Cup final :)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Chelsea made couple of key signing but I just looking at their team sheet, I don't think they will pose serious threat in CL. However, I think they will be tricky stone for couple of big teams.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I think differently. I believe that if Chelsea's key players like Duff, Hasselbaink and Gudjohnsen hit form that the Blues will be very successful.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

Should be a great game...may the better team go through.:D

What about Celtic 1 - Boca Juniors 0 though?

It may be just a friendly and it's correct that Celtic are no big deal, but what does this say about the Copa Libertadores winners?:confused:
Boca Juniors is a good team, and i like them a lot. But remember that There are normal diferrences, starting from one simple point that Celtic is a renowned EUROPEAN team. The american soccer is far from the quality of the europe´s one, and we have to remember that celtic have faced the most renowned teams in the world lots of times, is just a matter of Experience.

But after seen this two games, i noticed that any well prepared european team, can beat them.

Theyr are not so dangerous after all, the problem in celtic is larsson (he is very dangerous) and another guy, i think is sutton, that is very good.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Don't underestimate Chelsea in the CL, they might just turn out to be the dark horse of the competition.
Yeah, my policy is that any team that have earned a spot in the CL must be taken seriously.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

That would be the best possible draw for me, your stadium will be packed and you still have a little chance of winning.
You should be happy that you didn't get Newcastle, which is a pretty good draw aswell.
stadium won't be packed since people in lithuania like basketball more :undecide:
we dont have any chance of winning cause lithuanians not like israelis e.g. will think that they dont stand any chance, that celtic is just too strong etc. that's our mentality. we do not fight when we are underestimated, we give up :fero:
and the best of all, i will be like 10000km away from the stadium during the game :rolleyes:

lucky little me

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
it's good to think that way. it's improving maccabi's chances to stun Chelsea a lot.
if Chelsea underestimate Maccabi they could be in trouble
In an interview Chelsea coach Claudio Ranieri said that he knows that Maccabi are a good team and that the Blues will have to concentrate and be at their best if they are to win, so Ranieri isn't underestimating the opposition, that's for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)